SBrick Survey  

409 members have voted

1. 1. What is your prefered color for SBrick?

2. 2. What will be your primary LEGO theme used with SBricks?

3. 3. Which feature of SBrick do you like most?

• Stairtop design
    • Works in sunlight
    • Big range
    • Controllable by smartphone (via Bluetooth)
    • Remote control from the Internet
    • Profile designer
    • Child mode
    • Other (please post in this topic)

I think you didn't answer this question (which i also have) yet?

I really hope you make your kickstarter target,is there a back up plan if this fails to reach the £60.000 goal?

We have chosen the stare top design and we are fully committed to bring it to you. We will do our best to deliver you this as it is much-much better to build with than the first version. Our future is this as we want to give you the best possible SBrick. You can be confident that you will be really pleased at the end!

Sorry for persisting with this, but I still don't know what I'll get if you raise less than 100k. Your response is inconsistent, as to be "fully committed" to something implies a significantly higher level of certainty that "do our best".

The Fox might just have to get modified for these!

Not really much, the receiver has 4 outputs, I would use 2 for drive and 2 for steering. The thing is, can a single receiver run 8 XL motors...

Not really much, the receiver has 4 outputs, I would use 2 for drive and 2 for steering. The thing is, can a single receiver run 8 XL motors...

Probably not on a single channel. Two or at most three per channel should be feasible, if you have u battery-pack that is powerful enough. But some testing data about that would be welcome. I would also like to run two or three XL's of a single channel.

Sorry for persisting with this, but I still don't know what I'll get if you raise less than 100k. Your response is inconsistent, as to be "fully committed" to something implies a significantly higher level of certainty that "do our best".

Good new is that the flat-top version will be much slimmer than the

stair-top, and therefore easier to hide. We have at least two different

design for the flat-top, we'll have to ask the pledgers and the

community wich one is better (a thicker with the technics holes, or an

even slimmer without them).

The stair-top design was born because we really wanted to come up with

something that is a drop-in replacement for the IR receiver.

Unfortunately this version is much more expensive regarding the starting

costs, and a bit harder to assemble the casing and the PCB.

The stair-top design is cheper, smaller, but is less like the IR

receiver. We were afraid to lose many borderline-purist fans if we were

to start with something as alien-looking as the flat-top version. We

also wanted to avoid the uncanny resemblance to the Upcore G1 too.

Yes, we a re "fully committed", in terms we definitely WANT the

stair-top version. It looks better, less alien, and integrates better.

We will "do our best" to find additional financial resources, so we can

make the star-top SBrick happen even if the kickstarter barely makes it.

Nor "fully commited", neither "do our best" implies any level of

certainty. They simply imply that we really want the stair top, and

won't give up simply because the stretch goal won't met. However we

cannot guarantee anything at this point, only hope for the best, and

preparing the B (C, D, ...) plans.

You are guys the A plan, the stair-top is the A plan. Let's do our best

and get this stuff done.

I think you didn't answer this question (which i also have) yet?

If the campaing will be unsuccessful, we'll look for an investor, or

we'll use the technology for something else (and look for an investor :) ).

Hi

Here is translation for russian language AFOLs

http://brickgarage.b...t-brick_18.html

Absolutely awesome!

I will update our kickstarter page to link your translation!

If anyone here speak other foreign language please translate a little about our big kickstarter page.

Thanks!

Since I don't have a smartphone, will you release the message protocol used? Then I could use a bluetooth USB stick or transmitter on an FPGA or PI to control it.

Alternatively an i2c bus or something, but that would require running a cable to the brick.

Edited by S.I

Pledge levels are progressing pretty nicely... Over 13,500 GBP already in just the first 5 days.

We need to get this out to all the LUGs as well as those sites mentioned above. Maybe start a BrickLink article, and get the US-based web sites on board... I think this has a great chance of hitting all the stretch goals as long as the word gets to all corners of the Lego community.

May i ask a question: what is the difference between the £29 and £40 pound pledge. Is the £29 just the Chance to be able to preorder to a reduced price?

you could get a used smartphone(without cell service) or tablet for about the same cost as the sbrick

Ya but where is the fun in that?

Pledge levels are progressing pretty nicely... Over 13,500 GBP already in just the first 5 days.

We need to get this out to all the LUGs as well as those sites mentioned above. Maybe start a BrickLink article, and get the US-based web sites on board... I think this has a great chance of hitting all the stretch goals as long as the word gets to all corners of the Lego community.

Already posted in the Dutch LOWLUG.

you could get a used smartphone(without cell service) or tablet for about the same cost as the sbrick

Not sure about that. It had been told BT 4.0 required and only top devices from couple of last years have it and they still have their higher price value.

I'm a bit confused what is the difference between the £29 package and the £40 package?

Edited by legomuppet9

I'm a bit confused what is the difference between the £29 package and the £40 package?

The first is the special limited-quantity price for the lucky first few backers. They save £11 compared to everyone else. A lot of them can actually save £14 because of the shipping confusion (if they choose not to add the £3 shipping charge).

A lot of KickStarter campaigns do this, but mostly the special limited pledges are a lot more limited than this. It's not uncommon to see something that's, say, $99 at the "as many as you want" price to have 25 at $49, then another 50 at $70, then 100 at $90 for you get the "special kickstarter price" of $99. With expensive stuff like 3D printers I've seen a very few do "5 at $499, then 10 at $699, then $999", so if you're around at the right time and happen to refresh just when it goes live you can get one very cheaply. I tend to imagine that those are "special price for my friends" just to get a few pledges in and kick the "$ pledged" up a bit at the start. There's a whole lot of psychology and sales technique involved.

Do you plan to create a PC application too?

It would be very usefull for train show for example.

Yes, of course. It will be open source. :)

[...]

If the campaing will be unsuccessful, we'll look for an investor, or

we'll use the technology for something else (and look for an investor :) ).

[...]

What i meant is: Are the pledgers getting back their money?

Edited by legotexnix

What i meant is: Are the pledgers getting back their money?

Um, are you talking about not achieving the goal till the deadline? The money will be pulled off your credit card only if the project succeeds on Kickstarter.