Really looking forward to building this car. It'll look good next to my Vampire GT. The parts don't look too hard to get. Any that we should watch out for?

Edited by Rishab N

I can confirm that it is really fun to build this new supercar!

When I look at the video it might be an improvement to motorize the door mechanisms...

And Paul, congratulations with the acknowledgement of being a Top Designer by Rebrickable ;-)

http://rebrickable.com/designers

It is possible, but I prefer the manual mechanism.. Eric built his model and said that he couldn't stop playing with the doors... :classic:

Someone recently built a Vamp GT and motorized the whole thing including the doors...

I ordered everything needed yesterday. But again ... flex axle availability is ridiculous :hmpf_bad:

Oh well ... I already have an idea for that :wink:

I ordered everything needed yesterday. But again ... flex axle availability is ridiculous :hmpf_bad:

Oh well ... I already have an idea for that :wink:

Do share those white flex axles are a tough find :sceptic:

Well, they're rare and highly wanted. You don't have a copy of 8461? Shame on you :wink:

Edited by jantjeuh

Well, they're rare and highly wanted. You don't have a copy of 8461? Shame on you :wink:

I tried to get one last year, but then got 8458 and 8466 and therefore abandonded the thought of getting it.

Just got the instructions, and scanned through the pages, they look great. Lot of cool new ideas. The steering arms for the doors is especially brilliant. Can't wait to start building this, most likely will do it in red due to the flex axles being out of my price range. Video looked great on the pool table! Nice masse' shot at the end. Is that your wife in it?

Just got the instructions, and scanned through the pages, they look great. Lot of cool new ideas. The steering arms for the doors is especially brilliant. Can't wait to start building this, most likely will do it in red due to the flex axles being out of my price range. Video looked great on the pool table! Nice masse' shot at the end. Is that your wife in it?

Eric did a fantastic job with the instructions... I don't play pool as much as I used to and was a little rusty.. It actually took me 3 or 4 attempts to make that last curved shot.... Since we were fllming on a pool table, it only seemed fitting to pocket some balls with the models on the table...

Yes, that is my wife... She has straightened her naturally curly hair since the last time you seen her, but it is the same woman and the operator of Panda's Technic Palace....

My man Gábor Révai has some new Titanium chromed wheels in stock if anyone is looking to enhance any of their vehicles... They are the same color as the ones on the white Phantasm TT on the first page of this thread...

Edited by Paul Boratko

My man Gábor Révai has some new Titanium chromed wheels in stock if anyone is looking to enhance any of their vehicles... They are the same color as the ones on the white Phantasm TT on the first page of this thread...

Wait what?

You mean you order your chromed parts from Hungary?

Great looking supercar. I already saw it in the video for testing the SmartBrick.

Very nice lines and shape. The white color works very good with this model to give it that extra ' concept' look.

The door mechanism is a nice extra function and the movement is very interesting.

Yes, that is my wife... She has straightened her naturally curly hair since the last time you seen her, but it is the same woman and the operator of Panda's Technic Palace....

Ah ok. I thought maybe you got a new girlfriend. :grin:

I finished up the entire chassis last night. Going to start on the body components tonight, but I am still waiting on 2 orders from bricklink. You really did a spectacular job with this. The suspension and steering are perfectly executed and work very smooth. Can't say for sure just yet, but so far I think this may have your Vampire GT beat in terms of build quality. :classic:

After one and half month just for the waiting of all parts needed, I've finally finished this beauty! :grin:

The building experience is very intensive and not annoying, the technical solutions are superlative (like the differentials and the opening doors), the construction is very sturdy and...It's soooo fascinating to display on a shelf!!!(in future will be a showcase :wink: )

Thanks Paul for creating this masterpiece! Keep it up!

r1db90.jpg

I have completed my red version of this fantastic model and my only gripe is one that I also have with many other builder's MOCs as well as official Lego models and that is that the mirrors even though they use friction pins can become misaligned too easy. As seen in your picture. :grin:

Just bought the instructions :sweet: I went over them in painstakingly detail to see the complexity of the model. Now I just have to wait till the holidays to build it :hmpf_bad:

I have completed my red version of this fantastic model and my only gripe is one that I also have with many other builder's MOCs as well as official Lego models and that is that the mirrors even though they use friction pins can become misaligned too easy. As seen in your picture. :grin:

My original mirrors were fixed, but I wanted something smoother and cooler looking.. It does suck that they can pivot, but I'll take that along with the nicer look...

Good news coming for anyone that wants to build this model in white...

A very rare white part is not so rare anymore... :wink:

Edited by Paul Boratko