Hello everyone -

I'm starting this topic to write a brief review of the new Crowkillers Lego Technic Supercar - Phantasm Twin Turbo - Ghost Edition.

Paul recently completed this design in summer 2014 and has made instructions available on his website (www.crowkillers.com) for $12. When you purchase the instructions you get high quality renditions for both a red and white version.

I built the white version. The instructions and parts list are flawless and very easy to follow for an experienced Technic builder. The white model has a few parts that are a bit difficult to find at a reasonable price (i.e. white 19L flex axles) but generally he made a great effort to use a lot of 2014 parts and older parts that are readily available.

The model has all of the features that you would expect on a super car of this scale (opening doors, transmission, suspension, etc.). However, in my opinion, this model has two features that are unique and different from anything that he has done before. First would be steering. This model has HOG steering near the rear of the model and a functional steering wheel. The aspect that makes it unique is that the steering axle passes directly through the 5-speed transmission. The solutions he came up with to achieve this were rather clever.

The second marque feature of this model is the mechanism that opens the scissor doors. The mechanism lifts the doors up and moves them out simultaneously. Even though I have built it and studied it closely I am still not sure exactly how it works... but it works flawlessly every time!

The last note about this model is simply the body shape and the great way he has used panels to achieve a very sleek look. Probably the most notable feature is the headlamps and the way the two panels form a perfect casing that wraps around them.

I'm not a man of many words so I've produced a high quality video to showcase all the relevant features of this fantastic super car.

Edited by Osuharding1

Nice review. I was actually planning a written review of this model once I built it, but looks like you beat me to it :classic:

Your reviews would look nicer if you made a light box out of white formica instead of green and blue paper. Something that would help the look to be more professional and hide the surrounding area. Other than that great car and thanks for the review as usual.

Your reviews would look nicer if you made a light box out of white formica instead of green and blue paper. Something that would help the look to be more professional and hide the surrounding area. Other than that great car and thanks for the review as usual.

Thanks for the feedback. I typically use a white light-box but I decided to film my review of this one outside with natural light. I will consider that in future videos. Thanks.

I take it building this in white will now cost a small fortune due to the flex axle shortage on BL?

Your reviews would look nicer if you made a light box out of white formica instead of green and blue paper. Something that would help the look to be more professional and hide the surrounding area.

In my experience white bricks don't show up well against a white background. It's a challenge in still photography and I imagine it's the same problem with video. In cases like this, I think a stronger contrast colour used for the background works much better.

More on topic: Thanks for the review, Osuharding1. The car looks great in white.

Good review.

I am still waiting for some parts myself and cannot wait to build this beauty myself. I'll build the white version first and probably the red version later.

Nice video. I have mine almost finished, just waiting on a bricklink order for 4 parts the body. The model is awesome and everything works as advertised. The door mechanism is especially cool and unique. This is right on par with the Vampire Gt. Maybe even better.

Rich blood? :grin:

I have like 45 of them. When I bought the most of them, they were a lot cheaper :wink:

I have about 96 of those #3's in red. :)

I only have 41, now I feel inadequate :cry_sad::laugh:

The reason I pointed that out is because these connectors have become scarce recently (I blame Sheepo's Mustang).

Rich blood? :grin:

The reason I pointed that out is because these connectors have become scarce recently (I blame Sheepo's Mustang).

Not rich, that's for sure.Like Balrog said, they used to be a lot cheaper!

Not rich, that's for sure.Like Balrog said, they used to be a lot cheaper!

Right now they have some worth. Even with "only" 40 of those connectors you have some easy 120-160€ or even more in parts.

And now you know why some Bricklink sellers buy up a lot of parts every time a new MOC from a popular builder (like Crowkillers or Sheepo) is released ...

Edited by jantjeuh

what should i say? i have only 38... i feel really poor... :cry_sad::wink:

what should i say? i have only 38... i feel really poor... :cry_sad::wink:

And what could I say? I can't have two of my own MOCs built at a time... All my 12 pieces went into the Audi and I can feel myself a bad designer 'cause I used that much. Maybe I have lost 50% of my potential "customers" (2-3 people) for that reason. :cry_sad::drunk:

Edited by Lipko

Wonder if any of the new sets will have any #3's in it? Prices are crazy and the only bricklink store that has any at a reasonable price has a minimum order of almost $130. :sceptic:

From the crappy pics I've seen, it doesn't look like any new #3's are coming soon. Better stock up while you can :laugh:

From the crappy pics I've seen, it doesn't look like any new #3's are coming soon. Better stock up while you can :laugh:

Something fishy is going on with red #3's. The front bumper of 42029 mysteriously uses light gray #3 connectors instead of red even though the rest of the bumper is red. I'm sure they need to have a certain amount of need before producing more, and maybe they have a huge stock of other colors to use.