Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 12 Rumours and Discussion

So, who could be the fifth female? Assuming all the gender specific terms are correctly translated ("man", "guy", "wizard"), I'd guess it's between the Dino Tracker and the swashbluckler/adventurer.

I don't think the Rock Star or lifeguard is likely, as we've gotten female versions of those.

Space miner or Prospector are possibilities, though these aren't stereotypical female roles; and if they happen to be mistranslated more generic characters, well, we've gotten a generic female astronaut and a cowgirl before as well.

Please please please let the wizard to be red (or dark red). The red wizard hats are something like 20€ on Bricklink and I'd love the get few for Discworld wizards.

I thought there have been many wizards in dark red, such as Mallock.

IWe need to be a bit careful because these are simply translations from Hungarian. I don't know about Hungarian, but in English, the word "swashbuckler" isn't gender specific. In literature and film, however, swashbucklers have mostly been men, e.g. the Three Musketeers, Cyrano de Bergerac, the Scarlet Pimpernel and Zorro.

Yes, that's why I said that a swordman isn't fresh anymore for this theme. If it won't be a lady, just hope that the design is creative enough.

I do not understand all this concern about female figures... a female swashbuckler or a female jester would be totally historically inaccurate and a waste of a minifigure.

Judging from experience, if the list is true and the names are correct, I'm afraid it wouldn't be a female jester. But it's true that we haven't got a female entertainer from this theme (Sad Clown, Circus Clown are basically not identifiable women). Also a female musketeer wouldn't be a bad thing.

So, who could be the fifth female? Assuming all the gender specific terms are correctly translated ("man", "guy", "wizard"), I'd guess it's between the Dino Tracker and the swashbluckler/adventurer.

I don't think the Rock Star or lifeguard is likely, as we've gotten female versions of those.

Space miner or Prospector are possibilities, though these aren't stereotypical female roles; and if they happen to be mistranslated more generic characters, well, we've gotten a generic female astronaut and a cowgirl before as well.

Exactly what I thought. Four ladies are confirmed in this list, better than that Simpsons series :tongue:. Dino Tracker and Swashbuckler have better chances to be female. If there are actually two miners in this series, it's nice to see them in opposite genders.

There have been both female and male music-related characters under this theme, so it doesn't matter which gender would be the next one. I guess "Rock Star" is more likely to be a guy.

lego-rock-band-3.jpeg

Edited by Dorayaki

Wow. The Space Miner does indeed sound like a Rock Raider-esque character. I hope it features a recolored version of Psyclone's helmet or something similar.

The Dino Tracker would be awesome no matter whether it is supposed to be a paleontologist or more of a Jurassic Park-type thing. If the latter, I hope for a new version of the T-Rex baby, or perhaps a dino egg.

Either of these characters could be the fifth female minifig of the series.

Of the rest, the Battle Goddess, the Wizard and the Genie Girl (due to the possibly purple pieces) sound the most interesting to me.

Judging from experience, if the list is true and the names are correct, I'm afraid it wouldn't be a female jester. But it's true that we haven't got a female entertainer from this theme (Sad Clown, Circus Clown are basically not identifiable women). Also a female musketeer wouldn't be a bad thing.

Why are you afraid?

If someone wants a female jester, just pickup one of the previous isntalled jesters, and put a female face on it.

After all, isn't it what Lego is about?

I thought there have been many wizards in dark red, such as Mallock.

Yeah, but red/dark red wizard hat has never been released on a set; there's a few test pieces around though, but they are getting rare and expensive.

Yeah, but red/dark red wizard hat has never been released on a set; there's a few test pieces around though, but they are getting rare and expensive.

Well sorry I didn't notice "hat". Wish that we'll see a new color for the hat.

Why are you afraid?

If someone wants a female jester, just pickup one of the previous isntalled jesters, and put a female face on it. After all, isn't it what Lego is about?

Uh, I was just replying to a question from others. And since new facial prints are also the stars of CMF series, I don't really think customization is the answer to asking for female minifigures. Edited by Dorayaki

Please please please let the wizard to be red (or dark red).

Do you mean something like the MOC on the left of this picture?

wizards_witch_and_druid.jpg

Why are you afraid?

If someone wants a female jester, just pickup one of the previous isntalled jesters, and put a female face on it.

Or just get one of the Harley Quinn minifigs. She's a female jester: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=sh024 or http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=bat026

Edited by AmperZand

Uh, I was just replying to a question from others. And since new facial prints are also the stars of CMF series, I don't really think customization is the answer to asking for female minifigures.

Ah ok, since you quoted me :)

By the way, I don't think facial prints are stars of CMF (apart from some cases like the cyclop or the evil knight), accessories and headgears are to me.

IMHO it's really a waste of a minifigure if you do a female jester, since there hasn't been any notice of female jesters in the middle age.

IMHO it's really a waste of a minifigure if you do a female jester, since there hasn't been any notice of female jesters in the middle age.

Not a lot of dudes with red eyes, either, but we got one of those. I'm not really sure calling it a "waste" for being historically inaccurate is the position to take on a theme that regularly includes things like monsters and space robots.

Regardless of the gender of the jester, I hope he or she looks less cartoonish. Despite my focus on history and fantasy in my collection, I have skipped the Castle Jester and Wizard. I will continue to do so unless they are more detailed and fit better with the worlds I am trying to build. I expect they will since the Collectible Minifigures line has always impressed me.

LEGO likes to pay for new molds in this line and introduce them to their existing lines later. The most recent example I noticed is that the new Winter Village uses the holiday elf mold several times.

I hope this means that we get an upgraded wizard hat mold that will then go back into the Castle line. Perhaps this one will have hair attached to the hat.

Meanwhile on Brickset:

Oh, heads up, to all of you guys curious about how the video game guys looks. From what I have seen, he has a grinning head with "nerdish" glasses, a version of the hairpiece which features headphones with the headphones in silver and dark brown hair, a black shirt which says "PLAYER 1" and features the multicolored arms cast in black and dark gray, a white 1x2 tile printed like a "classic" video game controller, and sand blue jeans.

When another poster scolded him for breaking the NDA on the Beta of the game, he said that he saw it in a video clip on Youtube.

Edited by Blakstone

Do you mean something like the MOC on the left of this picture?

Yeah, pretty much, with or course more details as usually in collectable minifigs (or today's minifigs anyway). Runes robes, new scroll or bottle or something like that. Light bley fisherman beard would probably be too much to ask, but we can always hope.

Heard anyone heard anything about when these are coming out? First the exo suit, and PR, now the spaceship, Spaceship SPACESHIP and piggy guy.....why lego, why...... :cry_sad:

Why are you afraid?

After all, isn't it what Lego is about?

We have had female Jesters before. Above and beyond the obvious Harley Quinn, I know there have been classic red and white Jesters with a female face print. I have one or two. Maybe from the Dacta fairy tale set?

Regardless of the gender of the jester, I hope he or she looks less cartoonish. Despite my focus on history and fantasy in my collection, I have skipped the Castle Jester and Wizard. I will continue to do so unless they are more detailed and fit better with the worlds I am trying to build. I expect they will since the Collectible Minifigures line has always impressed me.

By "less cartoonish", do you mean less stylised shapes? If so, I have to disagree. The wizard's hat - and to a lesser extent, the fool's cap - are classic pieces. I'd hate to see them go. If you mean more detailed printing, I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, more detailed printing looks great on the minifig for which it is designed. On the other hand, it makes the printed part harder to match with other parts and therefore less versatile.

I wonder if the "Mongolian" hat might be used?

http://www.bricklink...Item.asp?P=x261

I was thinking that too or maybe the Laketown Guard's helmet from The Hobbit: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=15806pb01

Edited by AmperZand

We have had female Jesters before. Above and beyond the obvious Harley Quinn, I know there have been classic red and white Jesters with a female face print. I have one or two. Maybe from the Dacta fairy tale set?

Good points.

Back to my statement, I'd like to see a female "entertainer" following previous clowns that are all probably male, and I wasn't referring to this jester. Accuracy is okay but creativity is also important.

Heard anyone heard anything about when these are coming out? First the exo suit, and PR, now the spaceship, Spaceship SPACESHIP and piggy guy.....why lego, why...... :cry_sad:

We just got a rumor list and it doesn't necessarily come true. :look: And as mentioned in Toy Fair, it's planned to be released in fall.

I don't think regular sets and CMF series would affect each other. The current problem is whether anything else would come before series 12.

Edited by Dorayaki

I was thinking that too or maybe the Laketown Guard's helmet from The Hobbit: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=15806pb01

The fishtail top would look weird for a Hun, IMO. Though the Huns did use whatever equipment they laid their hands on...

Not that Id be against it, its a great piece, and it probably wont get used elsewhere.

Good points.

Back to my statement, I'd like to see a female "entertainer" following previous clowns that are all probably male, and I wasn't referring to this jester. Accuracy is okay but creativity is also important.

Well, we have several female musicians, and you could intepret the "Kimono Girl" as a Geisha or female entertainer. Though it did occur to me that we might see a female clown someday. (And an evil clown after that!).

We just got a rumor list and it doesn't necessarily come true.

I really like this list; I sure hope it's true. I dunno whether this series sounds that good on its own merit, of if it's just because it's good to finally look forward to a normal CMF series after such a long gap.

I would love more Norse and Scandinavian-inspired characters in the CMFs, so far all we have for that is the S4 viking.

Valkyrie with a Thor style winged helmet? YES PLEASE.

I would love more Norse and Scandinavian-inspired characters in the CMFs, so far all we have for that is the S4 viking.

Valkyrie with a Thor style winged helmet? YES PLEASE.

Well, we also got the viking woman, in s7 if I am correct. And you could pretend the Highland dude from s6 as a viking. So that makes 3. Still way to little. Also, the gladiator from s5 could be used as a viking/barbarian kinda guy. Just replace that helmet with a hair piece and you got a viking.

I would also love the Battle Goddess to be Vikingish.

I hope the video game guy comes with printed tiles to moc an old school arcade

pizza delivery guy; my favorite food. Want!

Not a lot of dudes with red eyes, either, but we got one of those. I'm not really sure calling it a "waste" for being historically inaccurate is the position to take on a theme that regularly includes things like monsters and space robots.

Monsters are actually accurate because they represent something about mythology or licterature.

Which is just the same jester with a female face, no different torso print, no different hat, nothing new.

This is why it would be a total waste of a minifigure slot.

A nicely detailed jester torso and/or legs, and/or printed jester hat would be something new, apart from the gender of the fig.

Maybe the jester will have a more colorful version of the CMF S10 sad clown conical hat. It would make sense to reuse that part.

Tricky, someone on this forums posted a link to a lego catalog pdf for the year 2014. If I find the link I'll post it here.

Whatever, the catalog says series 12 comes out in October!

HA! Found it!

http://www.jeditempl...lBook_LoRes.pdf

Page 79 is about CMF!

And for the ones who don't want to scroll through the pages:

15eu1xh.jpg

Edited by KCMatze

$4? Aw...thought that was Simpsons only. The Pizza Guy sounds like he will be very useful in TMNT MOCs. Though he better not be late, because never pay full price for late pizza. :tongue:

Edited by Tolkien