Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 12 Rumours and Discussion

Am I the only one who's having issues with clutching power of the hats on several of these figs? They just won't stay on in any sort of sturdy way, as LEGO hats usually does.

I know they make the figs in China and that the plastic is different, but one should still expect them to uphold rudamentary quality expectations. I'm dissapointed.

Hit and miss for me. I've noticed it has been very poor with the CMF series for the Knight's helmets and the racing-style helmets - as in, turn the minifig upside-down, and the helmet falls off. The Knight's helmets as well don't have as good a clutch for the feather pieces in the top hole.

But I've also noticed that in other production sets as well. The blonde and dk red grey ponytail hair seems to have less clutch power as well.

I wonder if it's variations in plastic quality, or if even older duplicate molds and tooling (that should be replaced) have been relocated to the China production facilities for use.

Bummer. :sceptic: Especially for $4 figs!

Contact Customer Service in the Bricks and Pieces section. They sent me a completely new hair piece for the Island Warrior from Series 11 when it had the same problem.

Really? I thought I read somewhere sometime back that LEGO customer service weren't honoring replacement parts for the CMF line. Or am I just making stuff up?

At any rate, that's awesome they did that.

In your opinion, wich one/s will be the most valuable of the series? I'm thinking of buying some more for future tradings, since they are so easy to find around here.

Smart move. I recommend Battle Goddess, Hun Warrior, and Pizza Delivery Guy for future trades.

In your opinion, wich one/s will be the most valuable of the series? I'm thinking of buying some more for future tradings, since they are so easy to find around here.

I would say the Wizard and the Spooky Girl since they are pretty unique in the LEGO world.

One would imagine Hun would be a good army builder type. But I am surprised how many Huns were left in the store. I went back recently and the rack was picked clean, but there were a handful of pizza delivery guys, Huns, and wizards. I was hoping to find a second Warrior Goddess, but no such luck.

One would imagine Hun would be a good army builder type. But I am surprised how many Huns were left in the store. I went back recently and the rack was picked clean, but there were a handful of pizza delivery guys, Huns, and wizards. I was hoping to find a second Warrior Goddess, but no such luck.

Funny, I visited the Lego Store today, looking for Hun Warriors, and was surprised by how many Warrior Goddesses were left. I felt like ten Goddesses, but only found one Hun.

Really? I thought I read somewhere sometime back that LEGO customer service weren't honoring replacement parts for the CMF line. Or am I just making stuff up?

I found this in their Terms and Conditions:

We generally replace parts that were missing or faulty in a new LEGO® set free of charge. In the rare case that your LEGO® part is faulty or broken, we’ll replace it free of charge or reimburse you for the cost of the affected parts, in accordance with consumer law.

Can't hurt to try with CMF.

EDIT: @ritzcrckerman

You were right. Customer Service got back to me. They are sending me two completely new packets because they stopped sending individual parts out sometime after Series 11. Looks like this problem will stick, but, like I said, it can't hurt to ask :wink: .

Edited by Master_Data

@Blakstone, @Robert8, 8bBrickMario, thanks for your answers. I will grab some of these plus several pig suit guys as well.

I call shenanigans on that. I've contacted LEGO customer service about faulty CMF either items being damaged (probably from the feel method) or printing off and once on items not having clutch power and they said I'm sorry but we don't replace any of those. LEGO customer service really is hit and miss and dependent on who you talk to. That is unfortunate.

I call shenanigans on that. I've contacted LEGO customer service about faulty CMF either items being damaged (probably from the feel method) or printing off and once on items not having clutch power and they said I'm sorry but we don't replace any of those. LEGO customer service really is hit and miss and dependent on who you talk to. That is unfortunate.

Lego quality is great. I am positve that the damage is due to feeling method.

I really dont like when people use such a method, by doing this they will not leave good minifigures for other fans/buyers and they will leave a damaged few parts.

So those who do that, think of others....nothing personal..:-)

I have one damaged series 12 CMF that is most definietly not to feel method. I have the goth girl with the goth teddy bear, her skirt is missing about 2mm off one end, making it useless. Try telling me that is not factory error, yes I checked the seams the missing piece is not there. If I had cut it, the piece would still be there. So it had to be a bad cut at factory.

SAM_1254_zps5a8afaa8.jpg

Lego quality is great. I am positve that the damage is due to feeling method.

Except that doesn't explain the instances that have happened to people who just bought a whole case and didn't feel them before opening them.

Except that doesn't explain the instances that have happened to people who just bought a whole case and didn't feel them before opening them.

And how can the head stud/inside of the hat problems be from feeling parts? Plus unless people are pinching the parts with a vice grip force, I doubt feeling would be damaging parts.

Lego quality is great.

Not in their CMF series, not really, no.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed with this series, I only stumbled across it by accident yesterday when I lifted up one figures arms, they no longer have the square so are they still made in China or back in Denmark?

Not sure if anyone else has noticed with this series, I only stumbled across it by accident yesterday when I lifted up one figures arms, they no longer have the square so are they still made in China or back in Denmark?

I heard they're still made in China.

Not in their CMF series, not really, no.

That's true

I got a S1 Circus Clown with a black spot in the back, a S4 Sailor with something in his arm (I'm not sure but it looks like burned) and a S8 Conquistador with fitting issues in the helmet.

I hope my S12 minifigures will be ok :look:

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you had the Rock Star, Swashbuckler, Space Miner or Hun Warrior. Just2Good has generously given me most of his codes, and I have everything else, but he can't seem to find the other codes. If you guys don't mind sending me codes via PM, I would appreciate it.

And yes, this is on-topic, because the codes are from the sets.

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you had the Rock Star, Swashbuckler, Space Miner or Hun Warrior. Just2Good has generously given me most of his codes, and I have everything else, but he can't seem to find the other codes. If you guys don't mind sending me codes via PM, I would appreciate it.

And yes, this is on-topic, because the codes are from the sets.

I have those but no doubles sorry :/

I threw away all of my codes since I don't play the game..sorry. Otherwise I'd have those for you.

And I know the feel method "may" damage some things, but it definitely doesn't damage a good portion of the figure quality. It comes from the factory in lower qualities than they used to be. I did read numerous times that LEGO changed the way they color things, meaning the plastic in general is different (and by different I mean, more transparent and most likely cheaper).

It is a shame. I know some people believe TLG poops out gold, but they definitely have some nuggets of poor quality.

FINALLY Series 12 is available in my country! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I just got Piggy guy, Genie Girl, Spooky Girl, Video Game guy, Wizard, Swashbuckler, Battle Goddess, Prospector and the Jester.

And all of them are all right! No fitting or printing issues!

Edited by Robert8

I have been finding many more battle goddesses than Hun's myself. I have 10 battle goddesses so far and 15 Hun's, but I have passed on at least 15 more battle goddesses in the process of getting my Hun's.

The extra dollar has definitely limited which figures I am getting multiple of. If it were $3 a piece, I would be picking up 10-15 of the space miner for the arbor alone, and a few more princesses for parts, but now that they are $4 a piece, I won't be buying any CMFs for parts anymore. I would've spent $165 - $180 for 55-60 figs, and now it will be $160 for 40 figs. I have to see this as a loss for Lego. I'm not the typical consumer though.