Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 12 Rumours and Discussion

Well, we have several female musicians, and you could intepret the "Kimono Girl" as a Geisha or female entertainer. Though it did occur to me that we might see a female clown someday. (And an evil clown after that!).

Under a circus theme, I'd like to see a female trapeze similar with the Duplo version. Male kabukis would also be interesting.

I would love more Norse and Scandinavian-inspired characters in the CMFs, so far all we have for that is the S4 viking.

Valkyrie with a Thor style winged helmet? YES PLEASE.

That sounds nice. I'm wishing for a female dwarf, though the chance is pretty small. :tongue: It's the third female warrior coming so wish that she's unique enough.

I think we'd already figured it would be $4... I went ahead and got the simpsons, but with 11 complete series, plus the simpsons, I might look for specific figures, but won't "collect" anymore. I'm sure TLG is weeping.

Europeans can complain about an American complaining, but no matter how you look at it, it represents a 100% increase in 4 years.

In Germany The Simpsons series was 2,49€, just like the other CMF series' before...

In Germany The Simpsons series was 2,49€, just like the other CMF series' before...

The same in Hungary.

So maybe US is evening out to how the rest of the world was? Since our price has increased. I agree, with the price change it is tough to swallow a complete set, let alone extras. This series may have some good extras too, but I'll probably still want a complete set. It just cuts into buying other LEGO sets, so I guess TLG still gets my money, just from a different theme.

But I also began just buying minifigures from the Licensed sets by themselves and skipping the set all together, which I used to buy the set just for the figures. So TLG is losing my business to an extent.

It would be interesting to know if the increase in price for the non licensed CMF's is to in part basically bundle in a $.99 "paid character DLC" for the new Online game?

It would be interesting to know if the increase in price for the non licensed CMF's is to in part basically bundle in a $.99 "paid character DLC" for the new Online game?

The "DLC" explanation is possible.

But it's also entirely possible that they're pricing them more according to demand. While I've seen a lot of people argue that the price increase will cause a loss in sales, frankly the CMFs have been such reliable sellers that I can't imagine it'll have too much of an impact. There are few other sets that I have to worry about missing out on completely if I don't buy them as soon as they come out, but the limited supply of CMFs coupled with the high demand means that from my experience, CMF displays are often empty (or left with only a few figs) for months before a new series comes around to replenish the stock. In this sort of situation I can imagine decreasing demand through price increases would actually be beneficial overall, since it would lengthen the amount of time that the sets are widely available on shelves and discourage hardcore AFOLs from buying as many at a time. That would mean more kids would have a shot at picking them up, including new customers, widening the customer base. So in this case I think what's bad for us AFOLs (or at least inconvenient) could be better for sales of the theme and for The Lego Group in general.

I hope the battle goddess is Athena or strongly based on her. My profile pic is my attempt to do a purist custom of her. I image LEGO could do a shield with Medusa's head printed on it and still keep it generic enough. TLG likes to give the figures a generic name even though it is obvious who it is.

I had the exact same idea (on the Brickset discussion), and made a very similar custom!

I wonder what this "Spooky Girl" is. Many think she's goth, but I would hope for her to be a ghost or some other supernatural figure. The Genie Girl styled similarly to "I Dream of Jeannie" would be excellent, and maybe we'd get a stylized bottle instead of the S6 lamp (or even the existing one in solid purple with a gem in the end and gold detailing). If she does have the "harem-girl" genie style, she should come with the smoky tail and a pair of legs with puffy pants printed on them.

Edited by 8BrickMario

This Series 12 sounds really promising...

Since the list says "Fairytale Princess" rather than "Damsel in distress" I'm thinking she will be Snow White, Sleeping Beauty or Rapunzel.

And maybe the Rock Star will be a KISS fashioned minifigure.

I'm really hoping the jester will be a "carnival jester" rather than a re-make of the medieval jester already seen in the Castle sets. That would be glorious!

Do you think any of these appeared in The Lego Movie?

Maybe the prospector in the Wild West scene?

^

Your statement about the fairytale princesses is an interesting point, but is it not worth considering that all of those princesses you named are, in one way or another, damsels in distress in their respective stories? I reckon she will have a large, pointy hat like medieval princesses are typically stereotyped to have.

The Rock Star could be a yellow suit Freddy Mercury-esque figure.

I'm excited for the Jester and the princess. I'm pretty sure the Jester's printing will be pretty unique and more ornamented this time! And a new face too! Not just a huge grin like the one in the Castle series (still loved it though)

And the princess. I'm just hoping it's a different princess now, cause we have several already and they're meh. But guessing by "fairytale", it can be either a Disney looking princess or the typical princess with a cone hat. Maybe she'll have a new dress mold, who knows. :look:

^

Your statement about the fairytale princesses is an interesting point, but is it not worth considering that all of those princesses you named are, in one way or another, damsels in distress in their respective stories? I reckon she will have a large, pointy hat like medieval princesses are typically stereotyped to have.

That would be great to see that hat piece again, but most modern princesses aren't known for that. I'm thinking she'll be really pink. I would want the Jester to get a new hat with three tails instead of the existing piece.

Looking at some other sites, I hope that the princess is based on one of Alexandre Boundon's designs. The pink Marie Antoinette looks good though she is more famous for being queen. There is also a very cool blue one was a great head covering.

Believe it or not, that's the first thing I thought of when I first saw "fairytale princess". Wow. Unfortunately it will probably be a pink "magical" princess :(

Neither of those two fit the description very well. The blue Lady would be in a Castle theme, but not as a "Fairytale Princess".

Thanks for bringing up Alexandre Boudons concepts. Looking at them now, my attention was drawn to the "Artemis/Diana" minifig, below the statue of liberty in the lower right corner (at least thats how I identify her based on the crescent moon she wears). Could it be the inspiration for the Battle Goddess?

Possibly, but Diana/Artemis wasn't known for battle. She was the goddess of hunting, nature, and the moon. Considering that they do research on their concepts, I don't think they would make the mistake of characterizing her as a battle goddess. Athena is more likely, but it may be a typical RPG-style character.

This Series 12 sounds really promising...

Since the list says "Fairytale Princess" rather than "Damsel in distress" I'm thinking she will be Snow White, Sleeping Beauty or Rapunzel.

Do you think any of these appeared in The Lego Movie?

51uaFhC2i7L._SY300_.jpg

Fairytale princess's always remind me of Playmobil because they're very good at this. :tongue: The "princess's" TLG have made in Castle lines are mostly damsels-in-distress with generic hairpices (from Hermione and Emma). I suppose that TLG would reuse Calamity's one this time. And she might have a new cape and magical stick.

And we should remember that TLG already made their generic fairytale princess's --- in Belville. Unfortunately TLG never planned to add such kind of princess scenarios in Castle lines (meanwhile, Disney Princess line is a seperate license so it's not in the discussion.) I'd really like to see Princess Vanilla make an official return as a CMF.

During the TLM theatrical time, it's been discussed and no obvious character had appeared in this film. Yes, maybe one of the western guys was the Prospector, but the result could be that his/her design is not eye-catching enough.

Edited by Dorayaki

Ironically, Playmobil fans complain about their fairytale princesses being done to death! C. Drone's hair would be welcome for a second usage, but LEGO doesn'y do pink and poofy princesses. Theirs have always had a regal-ish dignity (besides their tendency to get kidnapped).

Unfortunately TLG never planned to add such kind of princess scenarios in Castle lines (meanwhile, Disney Princess line is a seperate license so it's not in the discussion.) I'd really like to see Princess Vanilla make an official return as a CMF.

No?

70403-1.jpg?1

Possibly, but Diana/Artemis wasn't known for battle. She was the goddess of hunting, nature, and the moon. Considering that they do research on their concepts, I don't think they would make the mistake of characterizing her as a battle goddess. Athena is more likely, but it may be a typical RPG-style character.

All true, though Artemis/Diana was quite the fighter. And the names arent official, so we dont know how accurate they are. But yes, an Athena lookalike would suit the "battle goddess" image much better.

I assume a Greek-style battle goddess is more likely than a valkyrie, as that slot is more or less filled by "the" Valkyrie of series 7.

Edited by Ardelon

No?

Uh... sorry, may you differ "fairytale princess's" from "damsels-in-distess"? :look:

Ironically, Playmobil fans complain about their fairytale princesses being done to death! Theirs have always had a regal-ish dignity (besides their tendency to get kidnapped).

Yeah, that's why they're good at this. :tongue: Castle has been a pretty frustrating theme for gender balance. Fighting or magical female members are too rare in LEGO royalties. There are exceptions (eg Princess Storm), but it seems like that TLG would only make the female ones as particular characters or CMFs rather than putting them in a generic army.

I hope that the princess is based on one of Alexandre Boundon's designs. The pink Marie Antoinette looks good though she is more famous for being queen

Well this one looks like a sophisticated aristocrat, while a typical (fairytale) princess might be younger and more inexperienced.

Edited by Dorayaki

I assume a Greek-style battle goddess is more likely than a valkyrie, as that slot is more or less filled by "the" Valkyrie of series 7.

In addition the Mythology world in the game has Zeus. I think it would be interesting to see an Asgardian CMF though.