Digger1221

MOC - Freedom's Final Stand

14035473756_bc6c844f5f_z_d.jpg

Teaser story:

The King was dead. An evil Count had gained control of the Estairian government, and ruled the helpless populace with a terrible iron fist. But there was hope for the struggling people…

Having gathered around him an army of desperate peasants, a lone Estairian nobleman prepared a desperate rebellion. Everything was in place, plans were made and people were ready. A day was set for the rebellion to rise up, and many of the main conspirators gathered for a final celebration at an inner-city tavern. But something went wrong…the wife of their nobleman leader arrived suddenly to warn the party of an impending raid from the Count’s soldiers.

14035485376_8734c9efdd_z_d.jpg

14035497626_e72d5dba88_z_d.jpg

Desperate to save his only child from a brutal death, the nobleman revealed a hidden trapdoor and told his wife to escape with the baby, and raise him to appreciate Freedom!

READ THE COMPLETE, 2100 WORD STORY ON CLASSIC CASTLE!!

This is the first half of the prologue for a large-scale castle-fantasy story I’m hoping to write/build. A much longer story for this build is posted on Classic-Castle.com, because it was a bit lengthy to put in the description here. Hope you enjoy! :)

Soli Deo Gloria!

Good MOC :thumbup:

I like secret hideout under the floor and minifigures!

Edited by Balthazar

Lovely work.

The candles are great. I've not seen that before.

How did you do the legs on the bench chairs?

Edit: the rolled back rug is very clever. Really nice detail on this one.

Edited by frumpy

Very clever window technique ... I'll catch it :-)

Floor made with plate is outstanding!

This is a wonderful build. The simplicity of the basic shape is complemented very well by the lovely detailing. Great work

:classic:

Wow, stunning build. That wood floor looks incredibly real. So many great little details - too many to count actually. The walls and folded rug are very clever. Beautiful scene and story!

Very good. Nice wall texture. I love chaotic scenery like this one, lots of things happening.

I also would like to know how you did the benches legs.

Fantastic, in each and every detail! The rolled hug as people have also mentioned, and the candlesticks (are they skateboard wheels btw?..), and esp. the inner wall building/decorating style are awesome! And the scene as a whole is very dramatic..

Wish you the best of luck with the rest of your story (and designs, of course!) which I am looking forward to see more of. :classic:

I thought I already commented on this.. maybe on flickR.

I think this is my favourite MOC from you Digger... Its awesome... Very carefully made!

meltdown - when its the correct english translate :laugh:

Stunning picture!

So many lovley work at the complete MOC with this many details and great technics!

WELL DONE :thumbup:

markus

Superb work! The floor is fantastic (it looks as if it were real wood) and the stonework is of the highest caliber. The windows are also both innovative and spectacular too.

This is a really good story, and I love all the textures you put into this MOC. From the walls to the rug and the wood floor, there is great detail everywhere.

Great moc, I especially like the stone walls and the rolled up rug. The story I'd awesome too!

Great moc, I especially like the stone walls and the rolled up rug. The story I'd awesome too!

Definitely one of the best interiors we've seen in a while. Great job mate!

Such a fine excellent build, the minifig posing, the colors and the story are great.

This looks great! I too love the rug and the stone wall looks fantastic!

P.S. How did you do the baby? I know its an elastic band, but what is it wrapped around? It's definitely one of the best designs I've seen, others are in bad scale.

Thanks everybody!

@Lord Tyrus - The baby is a fleshie minifig arm wrapped in white LEGO rubber bands. Yeah, the scale was important, thanks! :D