Klaus-Dieter

Ideas for new City sets

Optician's shop/clinic. I was just thinking about how many minifigs wear glasses and how bad the general state of minifigs eyes must be. Yet they don't have anywhere to get their eyes tested or buy their glasses.

I guess the ground floor would need a reception desk, walls with racks of glasses (stickers) and a mirror or two. couple of chairs, big windows and a fancy sign outside the shop with a big opair of glasses cleverly made from two magnifying lenses.

Upstairs would be the clinic with eye test equipment and the letters chart on the wall. examination chair and the funny glasses that they slip different lenses in and out of to get a diagnosis of eye strength/problems. Only that would have to be a one piece accessory. and a tile printed with a clipboard showing a lot of scribble and the numbers 20:20.

I want a LEGO oil rig, LEGO park in City and LEGO city military vehicles. Those are all unexplored new concepts in LEGO city.

I want a LEGO oil rig, LEGO park in City and LEGO city military vehicles. Those are all unexplored new concepts in LEGO city.

True an oil rig for Octan would be different, a park too has been on peoples wish lists for a while as well. But Lego has a policy of not designing military stuff, unless it's for something like Indiana Jones, Castles/Pirates/Western or sci-fi either space (Alien Conquest) or action (Agents).

Keep those suggestions comming ! :grin:

How about a Highway or Freeway set? Such as this commands a very high price only for 300 parts.

Freeway: $30-50 250+ parts

I think some new elevated road plates that can align with the current road plates would be good. Also could come with a new designed road plate that has a designated on/off ramp? (single lanes divided in the middle? Curves? At least 1-2 of the incline and decline ramps. The elevated road plates included could be 2+? The bricks to build the supports of course. Now for some vehicles could be anything, cars, trucks, motorcyles etc. Also some nice printed freeway signs would be nice and printed street signs as well. Maybe a new cypress tree aswell? Minifigs 3+

Seeing as there's the rumours floating around about a Girl's subtheme...

Hair Salon

Price: £24.99

Minifigures: 2 female hairdressers, 1 woman with her hair being styled, 1 woman with a 'stylish' haircut

Includes: small-ish building with big windows and a colourful sign. Has pavement outside with street light on it. Inside is two chairs that recline and spin around. There is a mirror sticker on the wall in front of each chair. There is a basin behind the chairs, and there is multicoloured bottles around the building. There is a till/register at the front of the shop, and there is plain heads with various hairpieces on them. There is drawers with a new scissor mould inside. Across from the chairs there is a waiting room, with a table, chairs, a cup and a new printed magazine.

Fashion Store

Price: £29.99

Minifigures: 1 female Shop assistant, 1 male customer, 1 female customer carrying shopping bags, 1 little girl, 2 mannequins.

Includes: medium sized shop, with bright sign and pavement with streetlight outside. There is big windows with the mannequins in them. Inside at the door there is theft detectors (brick built) and there is a counter with a till at the front. There is racks with new torsos that show no flesh on them. There is a few hat racks and a jewellery stand by the counter. At the back there is two changing rooms (similar to those in the Gramd Emporium).

And here's a couple of sets for the regular city theme...

Restaurant

Price: £44.99

Minifigures: 1 chef, 1 waiter, 2 female customers, 2 male customers, 1 child.

Includes: 2 storey building with pavement etc... On the ground floor there is a desk with a piece of paper and a till/register. There is a pot plant next to it. There is a table with two chairs. On the table there is two sets of cutlery, 2 White dishes with food, 2 glasses, a PotC bottle in new colour and a 1x1 round brick in a transparent colour (a lantern). There is also a door to the kitchen. Inside it there is counters, pots, pans, food, a cooker, an oven, a microwave, a fridge and a spinable silver thing with printed 1x2 tiles on it (orders). Beside the door is stairs to the 1st floor. In there is 4 tables which are the same as the one on the ground floor. There is a couple more pot plants.

Cafe

Price: £19.99

Minifigures: 1 cafe owner/waitress, 1 female customer, 1 male customer.

Includes: small building with bright sign, pavement etc... Inside is 3 small tables with chairs. They all have cups/mugs and one has a dish with a croissant on it. At the back there is a counter with a till. There is a 6 wide windscreen on white bricks with croissants, cakes and other food in it. On top of the windscreen is a dish with grapes, cherries and an apple in it. Behind that is a gap for the waitress, then behind that is a few cupboards, a microwave (silver cupboard with trans-blue door) and a coffee machine.

Personally, I'd love to see these made. I love cooking and food, and I love female minifigs and I'd like to see the everyday side of life LEGO city.

Edited by Gregorovich

How about a Karate Dojo and other sets you could base around the collectable mini figures

Magic Shop ETC ! Workout Gym !

How about a Highway or Freeway set? Such as this commands a very high price only for 300 parts.

Freeway: $30-50 250+ parts

I think some new elevated road plates that can align with the current road plates would be good. Also could come with a new designed road plate that has a designated on/off ramp? (single lanes divided in the middle? Curves? At least 1-2 of the incline and decline ramps. The elevated road plates included could be 2+? The bricks to build the supports of course. Now for some vehicles could be anything, cars, trucks, motorcyles etc. Also some nice printed freeway signs would be nice and printed street signs as well. Maybe a new cypress tree aswell? Minifigs 3+

I like this idea and agree with the high price of 6600-2.

Transportation and construction are my favorite parts of Lego city.

We've been lacking a freeway or highway set since the Town Jr. days.

TLG could put addition pieces such as ramps, road decks, and curves etc. on PaB.

That way you can expand your expressway no matter how big or small your layouts.

I can see the sign: 'Lego City. Exit Only' :sweet:

I am agreement with the City Park idea. In fact I bought the PotC Fountain of Youth set just so I could use the fountain parts for one I plan to build for my daughter. It will also have a tennis court. Actually, I was thinking of an entire City Park subtheme similar to Harbour, Fire, Police.

Some ideas for a City Park theme which could vary in size and price, and would coordinate together.

• City Park Fountain
  • Dog Park
  • Skate Park
  • Zoo (as others have mentioned)
  • Tennis Court
  • Baseball Diamond
  • Playground
  • Pond
  • Picnic area
  • Outdoor concert area

I like what others have mentioned about taking inspiration from the collectible mini figures such as karate dojo.

What my city really needs is more shops.

They could also make more Town essentials like the pizza corner set.

I was going to say more houses, but i guess that's what creator is for :laugh:

lego city needs some apartments, too (I mean it is a city after all)

True an oil rig for Octan would be different, a park too has been on peoples wish lists for a while as well. But Lego has a policy of not designing military stuff, unless it's for something like Indiana Jones, Castles/Pirates/Western or sci-fi either space (Alien Conquest) or action (Agents).

Keep those suggestions comming ! :grin:

indiana jones series selling much only because afol.

they are buying these sets for german and soviet soldiers i think.colonel etc ...

i think this is the best.maybe they can sell minifigs of indiana jones in other set but tlg doesn't want to sell military stuff

Given how many Lego animals there are, and how many there are yet to do, I'm kind of surprised Lego hasn't done a series of zoo-themed sets in the City line. They could have an aviary, a bear enclosure, a monkey enclosure, a reptile enclosure with crocodiles and snakes, and an aquarium with sharks and octopi. Also, redeco the horse mould to make it into a zebra. And to top it off, bring back the elephant from Adventurers and toss in some all-new animals like giraffes, lions, and tigers.

Thoughts?

I would love to see theme release a theme like this and I think it would be attractive to kids as well.

I think Lego will release something like this, many people, also ourside Eurobricks, have been talking about such a sub-theme. Maybe Lego listens to this. Even tough I wouldn't like such a theme :laugh:

I'm sure this theme has been discussed many times before, and I have to agree, it really is a no brainer, kids love animals as well.

I was more surprised to see Lego bringing back the Dino theme next year (maybe something to do with another Jurassic Park film) but from memory the last Dino theme from a few years ago was a bit of a flop, I seem to remember most of the sets being sold off really cheap in the bargin bins. I think a series of 6 or 8 zoo based sets would have been much more desirable.

You could have had a main zoo set, circa £70 and then they could have had many add on sets, like a monkey enclosure, and aquarium enclosure, a zoo keeper set with a 4x4 like ranger vehicle

A real missed opportunity :-(

Fingers crossed either 2nd half 2012 or 2013

Edited by paul_delahaye

Im all into planes, and I remember something in an airport LEGO has never done: HANGAR, maybe to big, needs useless big parts. but just enough baseplates with a little bit of SNOT I think it can be achieved. Then an airport fire brigade with 1 ATV and 1 mini fire truck like next year's forest fire truck. A logistics center. An elevated train station. and a pilot boat. Also City minifigure battle packs.

I know there is no way it will happen, but I would love some sort of sets with (although they involve police) a action-show type theme. Think the the TV show 24 when I say this. From Chevy Tahoe-esque to helicopters to FBI Hostage Rescue Team operators (I can see a battlepack of them :laugh: ), it would be an interesting theme. But I would not want it all around vehicles. The sub-theme would need buildings, whether an HQ or a place to perform a hostage rescue.

We've been stuck with creating our own minifigures and vehicles for this sort of stuff, unless we use the Dino Attack/2010 torsos, but this is all wishful thinking.

Anybody think an oil refinery? How about some more houses, such as two story with furniture and interiors? Or even an exit ramp for a highway? I don't think I've ever seen a MOC for that, so why not?

I like the zoo idea with various smaller sets to composite a larger zoo perhaps? That way different animals could be purchased instead of having to purchase one giant zoo. Duplo did something similar to that since we purchased that for the little one.

A strip mall might work better than an actual mall that is all indoors. But the strip mall would be really basic since you can see what happens with their modular buildings that have a lot more detail.

'Or even an exit ramp for a highway?'

Wasn't there a TownJr set eleven or so years ago that built up into a ramp/freeway arrangement ? :wink:

A construction supply depot would work - a fork lift for lifting pallets or pipes, a front end load for loading gravel, etc., a warehouse/showroom with supplies on shelves and racks of hand tools (tool wheel's, shovels and pick axes.

It can also double as a good old hardware store too. :wink:

'Or even an exit ramp for a highway?'

Wasn't there a TownJr set eleven or so years ago that built up into a ramp/freeway arrangement ? :wink:

I'm not sure about the TownJr set. I'm just suggesting it because we have all of these road plates, but no highways! How do the figures get from one town to the next? :tongue: All of the cities are not metropolises. :laugh: It be quite a hefty amount of pieces, I bet just for even a section, but it would be interesting to see how LEGO makes it.

I'm not sure about the TownJr set. I'm just suggesting it because we have all of these road plates, but no highways! How do the figures get from one town to the next? :tongue: All of the cities are not metropolises. :laugh: It be quite a hefty amount of pieces, I bet just for even a section, but it would be interesting to see how LEGO makes it.

Here it is.....the 11 year old 6600 Highway Construction set.

6600-2.jpg

Thank goodness city vehicles have improved 1000% in that time ! :laugh:

One thing I've noticed that LEGO City is missing is a good snowplow. Being up at college in Vermont, I see quite a few of these as winter approaches. Perhaps it's too seasonal to be a sustainable set in the main City line, but I can see LEGO adding one of these to next years Winter Village set.