7 minutes ago, PlopiNinetySix said:

Also jeeps. The Technic line should have way more jeeps imo. Especially for the suspension. Licensed or not a jeep is always cool.

I second this :) I think an entire series of classic off-roaders could be done, in about 1:12 scale, and I guess it would even be popular. The only thing is that those cars have live axle suspension, which is neglected by TLG, but are great fit for 1:12 scale. It would be a great opportunity to improve the selection of related suspension/steering parts (like links in various lengths). Whether RC or not, I'd totally dig this.

48 minutes ago, PlopiNinetySix said:

I'd love to see more motorized vehicles built in the 1:8 scale without a speed-transmission gearbox, just motors and a fake engine, that are based on Lego's own designs, basically unlicensed vehicles; also, that these could include a new Technic minifigure or two in every set like that. Technic minifigures are awesome and deserve a comeback in some way or another. I know some people have probably thought of this idea earlier so I have another to suggest: Maybe a 42008-like scale trucks again? But more unique ones, not just crane or dump trucks with included Control+, and RC. 

Also jeeps. The Technic line should have way more jeeps imo. Especially for the suspension. Licensed or not a jeep is always cool.

I also wonder if the Technic line will do some unique stuff like Technic houses or something similar to accommodate for the sets [like a bus stop for a future bus set or maybe similar things to Lego City...?]. That won't really happen but one can dream I guess.

I dunno, I've seen a few clone branded 1:8 cars like this and they look very boring, nothing but bodywork and a couple of very weak motors. Better to leave that sort of thing to the proper RC companies such as Tamiya, Traxxas or Arrma. I really don't mind technic being RC but I hate it when the RC is used as a replacement for the far more interesting and realistic mechanical novelties of a model, such as with the majority or control+ sets. I liked the Zetros because it still has much of that mechanical novelty, and RC is there to compliment it rather than to replace it.

1 hour ago, gyenesvi said:

I second this :) I think an entire series of classic off-roaders could be done, in about 1:12 scale, and I guess it would even be popular. The only thing is that those cars have live axle suspension, which is neglected by TLG, but are great fit for 1:12 scale. It would be a great opportunity to improve the selection of related suspension/steering parts (like links in various lengths). Whether RC or not, I'd totally dig this.

Agreed :P

1 hour ago, AVCampos said:

I think the added complexity and friction of a fake engine would reduce performance, which is already weak for LEGO vehicles when compared to dedicated RC cars.

I see

1 hour ago, allanp said:

I dunno, I've seen a few clone branded 1:8 cars like this and they look very boring, nothing but bodywork and a couple of very weak motors. Better to leave that sort of thing to the proper RC companies such as Tamiya, Traxxas or Arrma. I really don't mind technic being RC but I hate it when the RC is used as a replacement for the far more interesting and realistic mechanical novelties of a model, such as with the majority or control+ sets. I liked the Zetros because it still has much of that mechanical novelty, and RC is there to compliment it rather than to replace it.

42114 combines both functionality and Control+ fantastically. Now I know most Ctrl+ sets don't do it justice so... you're definitely right. I've thought that motors-only [without that many gears] set would be beneficial [because 42100 is pretty good for all its dozen motors, but it depends according to the actual set?] but in the end it's not truly Technic if it doesn't have some sort of gearbox or a mechanical feat to it.

18 hours ago, Mikdun said:

Please don't give them silly ideas. ;-) 

:innocent:

12 hours ago, PlopiNinetySix said:

built in the 1:8 scale without a speed-transmission gearbox, just motors and a fake engine, that are based on Lego's own designs, basically unlicensed vehicles; also, that these could include a new Technic minifigure

I sometimes think/wonder if it would be a good idea to have 1:8 scaled (Technic-)brick-build-minifigs as sets. Like the Marvel/DC ones just with F1/Rally Drivers, f.e.?! And sell these next to 1:8 scaled Formula1 or Rally cars?! Like the Minifigs that come with the Speed Champions. I would expect 1:10 scale to work too - smaller would look too weird!

The original Technic Minifigs are more 1:16 scaled - I guess? And yes i loved them as a child and like them even today! We need them back! And these figures would need different skin tones and women versions of course!

7 hours ago, pow said:

:innocent:

I sometimes think/wonder if it would be a good idea to have 1:8 scaled (Technic-)brick-build-minifigs as sets. Like the Marvel/DC ones just with F1/Rally Drivers, f.e.?! And sell these next to 1:8 scaled Formula1 or Rally cars?! Like the Minifigs that come with the Speed Champions. I would expect 1:10 scale to work too - smaller would look too weird!

The original Technic Minifigs are more 1:16 scaled - I guess? And yes i loved them as a child and like them even today! We need them back! And these figures would need different skin tones and women versions of course!

Good point ^-^

Edited by PlopiNinetySix

7 hours ago, pow said:

and women versions of course!

Belville figs are the same scale as techfigs, and early ones have the exact same articulation. They're a lot less blocky, though.

1:8 RC car would be exceedingly boring if made of current Lego. The scale matters here in feeling how fast it is and also affects a lot on turning radius etc. which makes smaller RC vehicles more fun to play with. at 1:8 scale the car would be just empty shell with motors and battery box, something that could be fitted in much smaller space if we think of the current motors. Significantly more powerful motors to drive the large scale cars faster on the other hand would require much stronger power transmission and suspension parts, and step well into the territory of dedicated RC vehicles and I don't think that's feasible or even desirable for Lego.

Now the Jeeps and other offroad vehicles would be nice, there's indeed much too little of those as opposed to race cars and such. Of course I'm not very interested in cars at all and I'd like to see more of other kinds of machinery.

2 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Belville figs are the same scale as techfigs, and early ones have the exact same articulation. They're a lot less blocky, though.

...and most of them look super creepy.:pir-grin:

Thanks for the hint on this funny chapter of Legos history. In knew they exist but i thought they where much smaller.

9 hours ago, pow said:

The original Technic Minifigs are more 1:16 scaled - I guess?

1:20. They're 90mm high

Cheers,

Ole

Edited by 1974

If I'm allowed to add more data; first technic minifigures were introduced in 1980.

https://blog.minifigures.com/bigger-lego-figures-taller-than-four-bricks/#:~:text=Technic figures arrived on the,into the Technic sets perfectly.

Minifigure height is 9 bricks (9x9.6mm is 86.4mm let's say...)

Average man in europe at that time (in 1980) was 179cm

https://www.theglobalist.com/striding-tall-us-vs-ussr/#:~:text=The average height for a,%%2C in one hundred years.

Original text:

1.The average height for a male in the United States who was born in 1980 is 179 cm (70.5 inches). In contrast, a man born in the United States one hundred years earlier, in 1880, was 169.5 cm (66.7 inches).

2. That is a difference of 9.5 cm (3.7 inches), or 5.6%, in one hundred years.

Finally 1790 /86.4 ~~ 20.7, so @1974 was correct :thumbup:

Ole, well done :sweet:

I suppose (due to look of technic minifigure) that first idea was not to present ladies

This is way convoluted and wrong

The Tech fig was introduced in 1986 with the Arctic theme

It's 9cm high, an average male is about 180cm, 9/180 = 20, therefor the scale is roughly 1:20

Nothing in the LEGO world is really perfectly scaled, there are other hobbies that does that much better

A hundred years ago not even Hillary Page was thinking of "LEGO" ... :pir-huzzah2:

I suspect Aston martin Valour as the new 2024 UCS supercar. V12, 6 speed manual, Aston martin's 110th anniversary, 2023 reveal make sense that this model would be proper for it. I wish they put the gear box in the right way just like the general FR sports car drive train. 

C29C4431-8616-4B58-9718-5E510F4A8094.jpeg

2 hours ago, zodegrees said:

I suspect Aston martin Valour as the new 2024 UCS supercar.

I think it would be something that uses the newly introduced dark orange though.

Actually, dark orange has been around for a while. The new colour is reddish orange, a.k.a. "Tomato Soup".

Just now, AVCampos said:

Actually, dark orange has been around for a while. The new colour is reddish orange, a.k.a. "Tomato Soup".

I think 42056 would have looked cool and more accurate in it. 

I still bet on Mclaren. It has lot of car which will fit well on those orange. And currently TLG make lot of Mclaren technic sets.

20 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

I still bet on Mclaren. It has lot of car which will fit well on those orange. And currently TLG make lot of Mclaren technic sets.

Yes McLaren uses that kind of color indeed

The McLaren is a good guess, but I'd rather have it in teal, because with reddish orange it would be too close to Ferrari's red.

More of a general wish than a specific model:

Reading through the complain about the upcoming 42167 John Deere Forage Harvester, I really wish Lego would pick some of the mechanisms of such real models and display them with real fotos before a building step to give an insight of how real machinery works. I think they did this for some super cars, but never build one, so I may be wrong. In my opinion, this would enhance the building experience and also give kids+adults a better sense for technical aspects and solutions.

On 12/4/2023 at 11:17 AM, zodegrees said:

I suspect Aston martin Valour as the new 2024 UCS supercar. V12, 6 speed manual, Aston martin's 110th anniversary, 2023 reveal make sense that this model would be proper for it. I wish they put the gear box in the right way just like the general FR sports car drive train. 

Since it has to be modern super / hypercar I would like this one

murrayt50_105.jpg?scale=down

The only car today (in that class) that I like.

...it has V12 and 6 speed manual transmission...

I’d like to see a front engine car for a change.  Maybe a Ferrari 812 GTS or something.  Or TLG could do an old classic.  An old Mercedes gullwing with silver metallic panels would be quite stellar.  

1 hour ago, dhc6twinotter said:

Or TLG could do an old classic.  An old Mercedes gullwing with silver metallic panels would be quite stellar.  

That would need new panels. 

1955-Mercedes-Benz-300-SLR-Uhlenhaut-Cou

Modern ftont engine cars are simply not elegant as this one.

4 hours ago, 1gor said:

Modern ftont engine cars are simply not elegant as this one.

True, but I think the recreation of such beauties (Jaguar E-Type, Ferrari 250 GT SWB or Shelby Cobra) would be impossible to achieve in a elegant way to please the fans. We would complain, how all the elegant lines were lost within panel-work or we would get many new single-use panels in a unique color... I don't think this would be nice.

Newer cars are better suited for the edgy look of the panels. I really hope for a C8 Corvette Convertable in white or yellow.

2023-Chevrolet-Corvette-70th-Anniversary

I do hope we get the new Yamaha parts in the next car, plus a few more gear sizes. It has taken so long to get to three! But I'd also love to see a traditional stick shift, 6 to 8 speeds but with the nice ball joint action of 8880, not the clunky and sticky sliding axle approach that began with 8480. I could be wrong but I think some, or even most, modern supercars with a stick shift also have flappy paddles. Would be interesting to see how they could integrate both. Like, with the stick shift, you could go from any gear directly to any other gear. Then with the paddles you would be able to sequentially move up/down through the gears from wherever the manual stick shift was in. I don't know if that's how it works in real cars with both stick and paddle shifters. Maybe there's a button you have to press to select which shift option you want to use?

Edited by allanp