Not sure if this is just confirmation bias, but I see that before the release of a supercar, there are sets that use the same color, probably to exploit the economy of scale or something. Before the Porsche there were the 42038 and 42052 that use panels in orange. Before the Chiron there were the 42070, 42074, 42077 that use dark azure, and 42055, 42064, and 42079 that use dark blue. So maybe in 2020 we will get a supercar in DBG, medium azure, or purple :laugh:

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

3 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

@Jim What is that thing...

A gross version of an otherwise beautiful Pagani Huayra.

I would love TLC to do a Pagani one day. But I wouldn't be surprised if, after a rear-engine car and a mid-engine car, the third supercar in the series might be a front-engine car.

Yup, Purplegani Huayra! :tongue:

1 minute ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Is there any iconic car whose native, original color is purple?

Plymouth Prowler lol

4 hours ago, Jim said:

Yup, Purplegani Huayra! :tongue:

Huayra BC, named after Benny Caiola, a businessman who was the first to ever buy a Pagani.

4 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Is there any iconic car whose native, original color is purple?

Both the Nissan R33 GTR and R34 GTR came in what is called Midnight Purple (I, II, III). Iconic cars indeed. Also, front engined. Sadly, not in production anymore though.

Anyone would think you guys actually want a purple supercar :laugh: perish the thought!

Yeah, a trans-neon-green supercar with glow-in-the-dark trimming is the way to go! :grin:

[edit] mental note: get an LDraw file of the 8880 and change its colours.

Edited by AVCampos
Mental note afterthought

7 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Also, still waiting for small sets with pneumatics :cry_sad:

And I'm waiting for madium set with smaller tractor tires :cry_sad: (at least we ageee about face)

7 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Also, still waiting for small sets with pneumatics :cry_sad:

Does the 8049 count?

I wish there was a limited technic category called "Legacy for the future" with the best technic sets from the past remade with modern parts.

30.jpg?l.r2=-1689341667

8880-1.png

8462-1.png

8286-1.png

8446-1.png

8714-1.png

I really miss these guys

By the way never seen an official set with a garbage truck. Probably because kids, garbage and stereotypes don't go well together. TLG could name it like RECYCLE truck. Makes a lot of sense and deals with potential of being discarded.

6 minutes ago, Omikron said:

By the way never seen an official set with a garbage truck. Probably because kids, garbage and stereotypes don't go well together. TLG could name it like RECYCLE truck. Makes a lot of sense and deals with potential of being discarded.

Check B-model of 42078.

12 minutes ago, MegaRoi said:

@Omikron:thumbup:!

Can someone tell me the original set numbers please?

I should also add this one 8479

8479-1.png

Edited by Omikron

Studless remakes could be good, but not just where they replace a studded beam for a studless beam and call it job done. 8880 for example would be a black supercar (resembling an anventador) with yellow stripe, V8 in the rear, 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steering, pop up headlights, white interior and a minimum of 4 speed gearbox, though could also be 5 + R. But redesigned from the ground up so it's sleeker, lower (if we're honest, the ground clearance for the original 8880 was redicolously high for a supercar), and yes, completely filled in with panels. Thinking about it, maybe the yellow stripe should be changed to silver. 

8480 ide make a little larger to accommodate a satalite with two or three stage folding wings and a canadarm with an  extra pivot point, filled in with panels and more comprehensive control surfaces. 

However I think the most interesting remake could be control center 2. It would be great to remake the helicopter with full cyclic and collective rotor controls,  still mounted to a control arm like the original and counter balanced perfectly with battery box and a complex set of control levers so you could turn on the rotors and with only the collective controls it would actually "take off", and using the cyclic it can move forward and backward. It would also come with a winch, the aim would be to be able to "fly" the helicopter and lower the winch to collect a load of some kind. This would certainly be the most difficult. Anyone care to try?!