xwingyoda

Castle Reviews !!

I think that's also black, just the lighting makes it look like green. :-/

Thanks!

God Bless,

Nathan

So they changed it since this was taken? Or are my eyes deceiving me?

God Bless,

Nathan

Yep, that's definately that stupid eyes-deceiving lightning Lego shouldn't put in their sets' box art.

Shakar

Super review Yoda *y*

"Must have shiny pieces....must have...must" *wub* *wub* *wub*

The new castle theme looks even better "real time" than I expected. This is a MUST COLLECT theme :'-(

KimT

I will be in France (Rennes) until Friday, but didn't find a decent toy store yet. I visited nearly every board game store downtown, but there was no Lego around. :'-) So where do French AFOLs typically get their Lego fix?

I think what Shakar is asking is if we can see a picture of a skelehorse wearing a barding. And could you please also show us pics of the 7009 Crownie's face and the back of the skull buckler?

I was looking through my dictionary but that darn thing was short on words, so pardon my lack of medieval vocabulary but could you tell me what barding & skull buckler are ? Many tks and I will answer all that ;-)

How many Crown shields does 7091 come with? The picture shows one of the soldiers holding a shield. Is this a third shield, or simply one removed from the catapult? Still, this line is looking good.

Only 2 shields unfortunatly |-/ lousy price reduction !!

Even better that it will be only 4,99

I was looking through my dictionary but that darn thing was short on words, so pardon my lack of medieval vocabulary but could you tell me what barding & skull buckler are ?

Barding == the armor/decorative 'blanket' the horse is covered with.

Buckler (aka. bouclier ) == small round shield

You should have played more Diablo II ;-) Whatever you think about the game, it is a good show-and-tell dictionary for medieval arms :-)

You should have played more Diablo II ;-) Whatever you think about the game, it is a good show-and-tell dictionary for medieval arms :-)

He he OK, thy shall post these pics tomorrow morning ;-)

BTW, on a side note, my shop should receive other Castle sets this wednesday/thursday (day of my much anticipated Eiffel Tower :-D )

*yoda*

Nice review Yoda!

Army building on :'-) *sweet* :-D

Your new avatar is also nice (yoda with achtyping french clothes), Have you the whole picture somewhere?

On Classic castle is now a thread about the great castle (7094) with pics from pieces.

One thing that I don't like with the new squeletons are the arms: we see thay don't look like suqeleton arms but they are too long, giving the squeletons a strange look... Don't you think so?

OK here are the requested pics ;-)

img_4235.jpg

img_4237.jpg

img_4242.jpg

One thing that I don't like with the new squeletons are the arms: we see thay don't look like suqeleton arms but they are too long, giving the squeletons a strange look... Don't you think so?

Oh Alex, I trotally agree with you !! It also makes them bulkier |-/

*yoda*

good idea to show us the backside of these shields *yoda* ... i wonder if the handle of these shields are stronger than the old ones. many of my old shields didn't survive my childhood because of those things breaking off...

the long shield ... hm... can they hold it to the side of their body *yoda* ?

good idea to show us the backside of these shields *yoda* ... i wonder if the handle of these shields are stronger than the old ones. many of my old shields didn't survive my childhood because of those things breaking off...

the long shield ... hm... can they hold it to the side of their body *yoda* ?

Breaking shields handles..that's the first time I hear something like this.

Thanks for the horse pics, Yoda. Now I know why Lego didn't give to the skeleton horses bardings...maybe they could look good with a battle helmet (the existing one doesn't fit in their heads, does it?), but with just the barding on they look wierd.

Yoda, since you're so kind, could you post pics of:

1)The white skellie with the skellie knight's armour, helmet and weapons (sword+shield).

2)Same thing with the black skellie.

I think they would look pretty cool.

Shakar

This new line looks awesome. I love the blue/gold colour scheme and the skeletons, and the skeleton horses! I just ordered the entire line, but most of them are on pre-order, except for the king's castle seige and skeleton tower.

Youy review was excellent *yoda* . I definitly like the skeleton figures and horses. I would agree that I thought the black looked weird too. I also thought the Kings figures were really *sweet* too. After this review, I may think about these small sets. Thanks again *yoda* , Model On.

What I really like about those skeleton horses is that you can attach things to their heads, for example if you take this piece:

6029a.png

and place it here:

02qj9.jpg

the horse looks like a... bull? Giant goat? Hard to tell. In fact the head reminds me of Satan:

satanicramheadwf2.jpg

Viking horns look good too... You can also experiment with the eyes. Unfortunetely I can't post any pictures right now as my home computer is down and I can only use the one I have at work.

Breaking shields handles..that's the first time I hear something like this.

Thanks for the horse pics, Yoda. Now I know why Lego didn't give to the skeleton horses bardings...maybe they could look good with a battle helmet (the existing one doesn't fit in their heads, does it?), but with just the barding on they look wierd.

I do agree, the barding looks pretty nasty on those Skelorse (G I invented a word :-D ). Also its not a natural fit, you have to push to have it fit properly ;-)

1)The white skellie with the skellie knight's armour, helmet and weapons (sword+shield).

No problemo, will post those tomorrow ;-)

*yoda*

The arms are a bit long too. Makes them look vaguely monkey-like.

Steve

Here you go ;-)

img_4279.jpg

img_4280.jpg

img_4282.jpg

img_4283.jpg

Enjoy !!

*yoda*

Great pics Yoda, however looks like I wasn't very clear. What you did was fine, but I would've liked if the two knights you built also had the the black Euro Armour the evil Knight has (two different pics, of course). Oh well, I guess I'm annoying you now. :-D

Shakar

Great pics Yoda, however looks like I wasn't very clear. What you did was fine, but I would've liked if the two knights you built also had the the black Euro Armour the evil Knight has (two different pics, of course). Oh well, I guess I'm annoying you now. :-D

Indeed >:-) :-P

Okie will do that, no probs at all ;-)

*yoda*

Thanks Master Yoda. When my army of skellies will rule the planet, I shall spare your life. Maybe I'll apppoint you captain, or something like that. *skull*

Shakar

These sets really are great. I'll be getting these, along with the skeleton's wagon set.

You can see the skeleton's sword is actually used as a scythe in some of the sets. Also, the skeleton horse remains unposable, to keep in line with the normal horses. I think.

I really like these new weapons, and minifigs, in fact, I really like the sets in general. The skeleton baricade is niiice. *wub*

I have spent a long time drooling over these sets, I can't wait for there release in New Zealand!

Thanks *yoda* !

Thank you for taking time out of your busy reviewing schedule to review these sets, yoda. ;-)

I have but one question which I think was asked earlier in this thread, but has remained neglected:

Do the two knights in the Jousting set have blank torsos or not?