Simon_S

Winter Village: Fondue Bar

Hey Eurobrickers!

I wasn't sure what to build for the "Expand the Winter Village Contest IV", I wasn't sure if I even build anything. But now, I'm proud to present you my *chauvinist :laugh:* entry:

Fondue Bar

11529647615_4ed365c387_c.jpg

It consists out of two modules:

First, the bar itself

11529767813_93232a3208_c.jpg

A detail shot of the vendor and the lettering on the bar:

11529774133_0829f8c3fb_c.jpg

Second, a Family eating Fondue in front of it:

11529736256_1a25152e57_c.jpg

The minifigs:

11529766273_ff0ee3366a_c.jpg

Would a Winter Market be complete without a good Swiss Cheese-Fondue? I don't think so.

The Fondue Bar also makes a nice addition to the original set, because of the colours used in it: In the original, we find a lot of dark red and dark blue, but only a few dark green :wink:. So in the end, it makes the original look more complete (sadly I don't have a pic of it).

Thanks for looking and enjoy your holidays!

Merry Christmas!

Simon_S

Wonderful entry 'Simon_S'.....melted cheese.....ah, perfect if it's cold eh ? :wink:

Great stall design too.....very Swiss, good luck....Brick On and Merry Christmas 'Simon_S' ! :sweet:

Excellent entry. Looks like you stocked up quite well on cheese. I like the little mouse/rat detail in the front and the use of antenna's for cheese dip sticks.

Merry Christmas and good luck in the contest.

Yummy ..... Would love to take a trip to your "hut" before going to my parents for the christmas dinner. ( I mean, i can eat all day on christmas day. Its not that i dislike my moms food. ! :P )

Wow, this is great idea and a great entry! I love your stall, so many great details; the 'Fondue' sign, the rat in the cheese, the wheels of cheese, the general colour scheme, I could keep going but won't... And then the pot of Fondue being eaten is just the icing on the cake!!

Good luck and happy building :laugh:

Great looking MOC! Cool SNOT lettering, very effective color scheme and a perfect Christmassy winter theme.

Good luck in the competition.

This looks great! It has nice details and now I want to have a cheesefondue too.

Is this something of your own imagine or do you really have this sort of stands?

Very nice entry Simon!

I ate one two days ago but am sure the ones sold in your stall are much better! I like the details, such as white wine bottle and bread to go along, the building techniques used and the overall look of the MOC!

As a fellow swiss citizen, I do appreciate the flag :blush:

The minifigs are quite great (especially the castor hat!) but they seem more north-american than swiss, besides the german cook that looks german... :wink:

Very well done and good luck.

Thanks for sharing and insiring!

Un autre Simon de Suisse romande ("chauvinist" was the hint)

Wonderful entry 'Simon_S'.....melted cheese.....ah, perfect if it's cold eh ? :wink:

Great stall design too.....very Swiss, good luck....Brick On and Merry Christmas 'Simon_S' ! :sweet:

Thank you lightningtiger!

Excellent entry. Looks like you stocked up quite well on cheese. I like the little mouse/rat detail in the front and the use of antenna's for cheese dip sticks.

Merry Christmas and good luck in the contest.

Thank you :classic:.

Yummy ..... Would love to take a trip to your "hut" before going to my parents for the christmas dinner. ( I mean, i can eat all day on christmas day. Its not that i dislike my moms food. ! :P )

Thanks LEGO Family... I'm not sure how good melted ABS smells :laugh:

Wow, this is great idea and a great entry! I love your stall, so many great details; the 'Fondue' sign, the rat in the cheese, the wheels of cheese, the general colour scheme, I could keep going but won't... And then the pot of Fondue being eaten is just the icing on the cake!!

Good luck and happy building :laugh:

Thanks for the very kind words!

Great looking MOC! Cool SNOT lettering, very effective color scheme and a perfect Christmassy winter theme.

Good luck in the competition.

Thanks eurotrash :classic:.

I love how vibrantly colorful the MOC is and the lettering! Good luck, and Happy Holidays! :classic:

Thanks man! Happy Holidays to you too.

This looks great! It has nice details and now I want to have a cheesefondue too.

Is this something of your own imagine or do you really have this sort of stands?

Thanks Wout :classic:. In the village we used to live, there actually was a small fondue and raclette bar, so this inspired me to build this. But this one is of course very clichéd and so not really realistic.

Very nice entry Simon!

I ate one two days ago but am sure the ones sold in your stall are much better! I like the details, such as white wine bottle and bread to go along, the building techniques used and the overall look of the MOC!

As a fellow swiss citizen, I do appreciate the flag :blush:

The minifigs are quite great (especially the castor hat!) but they seem more north-american than swiss, besides the german cook that looks german... :wink:

Very well done and good luck.

Thanks for sharing and insiring!

Un autre Simon de Suisse romande ("chauvinist" was the hint)

Hey Simon!

Thank you for the kind comment, it means a lot to me! The minifigs are almost always the problems in my builds, as I tend to sell them and buy bricks with the money, so I only have a very few compared to my overall amout of parts (~150 figs / ~50k parts).

Have a merry Christmas!

Simon

Loving the lettering.

Thank you wonderpuddle :classic:.

Looks yummy! I love the way "FONDUE" is done. The cheeses look very delicious!

Thank you, it's actually a pretty old technique already, but I think it still works in MOCs.

Mmm mmm, now that is a lot of cheese! Interesting detail with the swiss cross and "FONDUE" lettering.

Thank you. Who doesn't love to overdo everything possible in LEGO builds?

Fantastic work! The SNOT logo and the flag with the white cross are just perfect!

The cheese is great!

Thank you King Aragorn :classic:

Wow this is just the cutest. Love the anot letters. Great job!

Thank you!

Very nice! So much cute details. Yellow slopes are so cheesy! :sweet:

Thanks. Yeah, they work great as cheese :classic:.

Awesome idea, beautifully executed. Love it! :wub:

Thank you Kristel :classic:.

I like the little mouse/rat detail in the front and the use of antenna's for cheese dip sticks.h11.jpgg11.jpgmor.jpg

11uk.jpg12ce12.jpg

Thanks. The antennas were a pain... they always kept falling down (minifigs can't hold them in their hands so they just rest there by gravity). But I think it was worth the effort

Really nice detailing on this, especially the lettering of course, but all that cheese looks so yummy :drool:.

And it brings back memories of reading about Asterix going to Switzerland :laugh:

Good luck in the contest! :sweet: