Kayne

Draconians-Book 2 Challenge 1 Category C

indexed.gif

“When I was a youth, the previous MoonLord brought me on a raid near the Nocturnus border. There were some political prisoners being transported through Nocturnus, and we elves were going to set them free.” Kha’s eyes seemed to be glazed over as he recalled the events.

11143731333_8ff5a098f5_c.jpg

“That was the first time I had run across the Draconians. They are a fierce tribe from Nocturnus….twisted. Half man and half dragon, they say that they were created during the height of Nocturnus’s power by clerics of some forgotten deity through rituals that were unspeakable.” Kha was visibly shaken, and we got the impression that he knew first hand what those rituals were.

“That, is who we are going to find in the swamps and recruit to help us fight the Black Spire.”

“But Kha, how do you know they will join the fight and not just kill us?”

“I don’t….but they were fiercely loyal to Ssilyrrlith. He allowed them to prosper under his rule. They don’t want much, as twisted and ugly as they look, they lead a simple life. They are not enough in numbers to challenge the rule of all of Nocturnus, but their territory is sacred to them. We will just have to very convincing in why the Black Spire will not leave them be.”

11101543894_9d2a44c2dd_z.jpg

We journeyed deep into the Moruth Swamplands, and we came across an ancient tower. Kha signaled us to a halt as we approached. He knew we had found the place, although how was beyond me. I can’t picture those dragonmen building anything, but the tower was definitely theirs. We approached the tower and were met by several of those beasts. Kha hailed them and spoke to them so quietly that none of us could hear what he said. Based on the emotions that I saw cross that twisted half man/half dragon face he struck a nerve. And seeing those almost human emotions on that nightmarish face will haunt me for the rest of my days.

11101653323_4b7f53c254_z.jpg

Now, we have an army of these dragonmen….Draconians with us as we march to the Spire. I’m not sure if that is a help or a hindrance…..I can’t even sleep at night with these things near me.

11101697353_0ff9021b11_z.jpg

11101496875_cf1251d846_z.jpg

By the way, I would like to claim UoP credit for the following categories: SNOT'ted Tile work, Round Walls for Architecture, A third tree design here for Landscaping, and Life in Nocturnus for Anthropology.

Edited by kabel

Excellent landscape in every scene, you really nailed a Nocturnus atmosphere, the trees are especially cool :thumbup: The tower is sweet (I'm glad that you rebuilt it), am I right in guessing that it's not a perfect circle, but more of an oval?

I like your window designs in the tower and the flying towers look great!

Thanks SK! Yes, it is an oval not a circle in shape. Mr. Cadarn heavily influenced this build, and those window were one that was definitely a DC style.

Great story! I really like the Draconians, they fit perfectly in nocty. Your builds are excellent too! the tower is very cool with its oblong shape and the tree next to it looks awesome. Nice entry! Its too bad your on the wrong side...

Very pretty build, I love each 'episode' of it.

The tower is drop dead gorgeous, love the slave chariot and the use of winged Chima crocs a great idea

Excellent landscaping! My favorite parts are the tower walls and the plate built tree next to it. Nice job on the story too.

This is awesome. I love the builds, especially the tower (maybe because you didn't use any AltBricks in this one? :wink:) and your Draconians look pretty cool :thumbup:.

Those wings are 3rd party right and not from the new bat-Chima sets coming next year? These builds are amazing. Great story, great pictures, great builds, great everything! My favorite part has to be the tree by the tower. Love the beefy tree branches!

A set of excellent builds and a well-written story to accompany them!

UoP +1 for all the claims :classic:

Where did you get the green wings from? They look great on the crocodiles.

They aren't official LEGO products, they are Brickwarriors. Check it out, there are lots of cool Castle accessories :wink:.

Holy... This is just so great Kayne! Those Draconians are so cool! Love the combos!

The mocs are as always perfect! Great work!

Edited by de Gothia

Yes, that is the demon armor and wings from brickwarriors.com. I have enough for 10 draconians, but I need more chima crocs first.

DG-thanks!

Simon-i like the alt bricks, but I agree that if they are overused it takes away from the moc

Stunning tower Kayne, especially because of the small towers on it! Also great tree, even better because of the angle! :classic: And the swamp vignette, those (I assume) bubbles are a nice touch!

Stunning tower Kayne, especially because of the small towers on it! Also great tree, even better because of the angle! :classic: And the swamp vignette, those (I assume) bubbles are a nice touch!

Thanks Ecc! Yes, those are swamp bubbles! I was hoping they wouldn't blend in too much with the wings being lime green too

Great stuff Kayne! I really like the action and the range of foliage in the first moc. The tower is cool too - very substantial looking with those high butresses supporting it, and the squat tree next to it complements it well. :thumbup: But the dragonmen steal the show for me - super combos! :wub:

UoP: +1 for all cats.

I want to sit and stare at this more, awesome job.

UOP: + 1 SNOT'ted Tile work, Round Walls for Architecture, A third tree design here for Landscaping, and Life in Nocturnus for Anthropology.

Wonderful job, you really hit the Nocturnus feel- the landscaping is spot on.

Great work on the Dragons, they fit perfectly. I think you already have all the votes for the UOP, but I would give my +1 for all of them too. You really pulled out all the stops on this one!