Finally my build is complete, I will post pictures and video soon. :excited:

I wonder why there is no Mindstorms contest entries?

P1030313.jpg

P1030312.jpg

P1030311.jpg

P1030318.jpg

P1030322.jpg

P1030331.jpg

P1030328.jpg

P1030327.jpg

P1030334.jpg

Edited by Omikron

No Mindstorms entries....yet! Maybe they will come.

Hah, I was considering almost the exact same, with a robotic arm, conveyor and a car body!:-)

Looks great, looking forward to the video!

You forklift looks to be very good. It's neat an tidy. I too look forward to your video. A good entry for the comp.

H

Indeed, a nice entry! Very original.

Good Evening Everyone

Hope all's well with everyone.

I think this entry is great!

I had an idea similar to this but haven't been able to get any further than starting the build on LDD due to a prolonged spell off Ill health.

My idea was to recreate part of the old Fiat Strada TV ad, one I always found very memorable.

I was thinking of the last part of the ad with the body shell being sprayed by the robot sprayer. That'd be be 2 of the required 3 parts. For the 3rd I was thinking of the guided 'platform' the car sits on as it progresses through the assembly hall.

Just in case you're not familiar with the ad or just want to refresh your memory you can view it here:

I can see from Omikrons entry that it would've been a workable idea so that makes me feel better about not getting mine done.

Good Luck to all who enter.

Quick update. There is a bit missing in the video.

Forklift Steering capabilities.

Edited by Omikron

Hah, I was considering almost the exact same, with a robotic arm, conveyor and a car body!:-)

Looks great, looking forward to the video!

You stole my idea too!

Those wheels for forklift looks tiny!

You stole my idea too!

Well it isn't stealing. Sometimes idea is in the air, and couple of parties consider it as good option before at least one shows up with their product.

Edited by zux

Wow, this is amazing, I love the arm's functions and orange color scheme. :wub: I have no idea how you fit so many functions into that arm, and to have it all RC! :wacko: Also, the four-wheel steering on the forklift looks great, but I agree the wheels are a bit too small. Awesome job! :thumbup:

This is a great entry! Well done.

Super video too, love all the mechanisms and controls. Awesome job. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you =)

I've never seen a forklift with big wheels in my life. I know that they maybe exist, some say there's photos and even videos of them! Mad men!

I've seen things like these

elec-forklift-new.jpg

Forklift_Truck.jpg

The wheels are not so tiny as they may look in video or on photos. Maybe it's because of the shooting angle. There's a good example of their size - Black gear on the rear part of the forklift.

Edited by Omikron

The video is very nice! It was fun to watch! I really like the robot arm, with the welding nozzle. You proved that bigger is not necessarily better :thumbup:

Maybe the wheels look tiny, because they stick out. In the real life examples you posted, the wheels are more integrated in the body/chassis.