legoaddict

MOC-Tiger's Nest Monastery, Paro Taktsang

Hi,

I've been a member of Eurobricks for a few years now, and have been building for about 7-8 years. I've posted my MOC's on Flickr and MOC pages before, but this is the first time I'm posting my MOC here.

This MOC is based on an actual Monastery, located in Bhutan. 10754362014_eb82a831c2_c.jpgTiger's Nest Monastery, Paro Taktsang by anupehr, on Flickr

Here is a photo of the actual Monastery.10754430256_3271c576dc_c.jpgThe Tiger's Nest Monastery in Bhutan by anupehr, on Flickr

Feedback and comments will be appreciated!

Edited by legoaddict

It's a first, but I am officially without speech.

By all means, keep putting those bricks together, 'legoaddict'.

Wow. This is amazing, and so true to the original. Well done!

i fell off my chair when i first saw this... this is art

how many pieces?

how long to make?

Edited by glendo

Wow, truly a spectacular build! All the details are there of the original and that rock work :wub: amazing!!!

Great work and happy building :laugh:

This is truly amazing legoaddict and i think you must be an addict to create something like this. The hours of planning alone, not talking about building, rebuilding and re-rebuilding. For an fist MOC publishing it is tremendous. My compliments my lady

Amazing design and construction tehniques! I love the way rock is constructed.

It's a first, but I am officially without speech.

By all means, keep putting those bricks together, 'legoaddict'.

I'm sorry, I meant I'm posting my MOC on EB for the first time, not that this is my first MOC. Sorry!

i fell off my chair when i first saw this... this is art

how many pieces?

how long to make?

For pieces, I think, around 2,00,000, but I really wasn't keeping track, this is just a rough calculation. As for time, it took around 8-9 months

This is truly amazing legoaddict and i think you must be an addict to create something like this. The hours of planning alone, not talking about building, rebuilding and re-rebuilding. For an fist MOC publishing it is tremendous. My compliments my lady

Thank you! I'd also like to make a slight correction, I've published MOC's before on Flickr and MOC pages, this is the first time here, on EB

Amazing! The detail is astonishing, i cant even imagine the time that must of gone into that. How long did it take?

Thank you! It took around 8-9 months.

HOLY MEGABLOCKS! That is amazing. I could sit here staring at that for hours just absorbing the details. My only question. How big is it, and how on earth does it fit in the house? Does it require its own room? Simply Astonishing.

HOLY MEGABLOCKS! That is amazing. I could sit here staring at that for hours just absorbing the details. My only question. How big is it, and how on earth does it fit in the house? Does it require its own room? Simply Astonishing.

:-) it is approximately 7 feet x 4 feet and 3+ feet high. It is modular so, the section are in several places around the house. :-).