Just download the supplied Brickstore inventory, and upload that as parts list for a private MOC @ Rebrickable. Then you can check if you have the parts required.

Just download the supplied Brickstore inventory, and upload that as parts list for a private MOC @ Rebrickable. Then you can check if you have the parts required.

Thank you! I have 90% of the parts!!!! y

yeah, just checked - i have 95% of the RC version... the main bunch of the missing ~ 200 parts seems to be quite cheap...

Just finished a marathon session ordering all the parts (hope I haven't missed any). Fortunately most of the parts are reasonably common, the only things I had a little bit of trouble with were the soft axles (red 14L the main culprit).

Edited by Darth Kram

Just finished building it last night. I may do a separate review, but for now I'll just say that the amount of effort that both Sheepo and Jurgen put into this is incredible. Highly detailed, complex model with perfect instructions.

Here is the huge pile of nearly 4000 parts I started with. The number of axles, in particular, seemed like it could not possibly be right. But I used them all! There is also a tremendous number of angle connectors.

640x478.jpg

Here is the completed frame sans axles or transmission. Very rigid and robust.

640x478.jpg

The real magic of this thing is the 5 speed sequential transmission with reverse. Without saying too much about it here, I'll point out that it functions very differently than the one in the Land Rover.

640x478.jpg

Here's the rolling chassis. Rear live axle suspension, front Macpherson struts, disc brakes, transmission. Next up would be the interior including dash and seats.

640x478.jpg640x478.jpg

Finally here are a couple of the completed car. It looks just as good as the renders predicted! There are some really complex things going on there to generate all the angles. The area just behind the door is particularly dense.

640x478.jpg640x478.jpg

In case you wondered what it looked like in comparison to other models, here is Nathanael Kuipers' Pony Car which also resembles a Mustang. You can see the significant scale difference. The GT500 is among the largest cars I own.

640x478.jpg

Many more and larger pictures at my Bricksafe.

I'm really in love. :wub:

A review would be very nice. Blakbird, you built the RC version, right? It would be very helpful (for me) to have an additional comparing review of the manual version, since I'm not sure whether to build the "cost-effective" manual version or the more "wow" RC version. Hopefully, there is someone building the manual one and who does a review. Thanks Sheepo and Jurgen for these great MOCs and instructions! :thumbup:

edit: Is the manual version also going to be added to rebrickable?

Edited by Krize

The real magic of this thing is the 5 speed sequential transmission with reverse. Without saying too much about it here, I'll point out that it functions very differently than the one in the Land Rover.

640x478.jpg

thanks a lot for the impressive pictures.. may i repeat my question about the reliability of the shelby seq. gearbox to you you, Blakbird? you have build both, the landy and now the Shelby Mustang... could you already play around with the Mustang and so: can you already justify the reliability of the 3rd gen seq. gearbox? because driven by the servo motor i would assume that it should work at 100% - is this right?

Wow. The manual version has just been released on ReBrickable. I am now already trying to compile a parts list for ordering.

thanks a lot for the impressive pictures.. may i repeat my question about the reliability of the shelby seq. gearbox to you you, Blakbird? you have build both, the landy and now the Shelby Mustang... could you already play around with the Mustang and so: can you already justify the reliability of the 3rd gen seq. gearbox? because driven by the servo motor i would assume that it should work at 100% - is this right?

I can discuss this more when I do my review, but I've had no issues with the gearbox. So far it works perfectly. I can imagine that fresh batteries are probably required, but I have used it quite a bit so far with no problems. I think the issues with the Land Rover gearbox were primarily caused by wiring. When the body was installed, it could interfere with various wiring which would then in turn bind the shift mechanism. It is not easy to resolve because there is no wiring length to spare and it is difficult to see where the interferences are. The GT500, on the other hand, uses extension wires and routes them away from the gearbox.

can't wait for your review blakbird. Do you plan to show us a video of it in action ? Would love to see that.

Edited by kevman

can't wait for your review blakbird. Do you plan to show us a video of it in action ? Would love to see that.

I don't have a video camera, but Sheepo has already posted a great video in the first post of this topic.

In my experience the Mustang gearbox definately works better than the one in the Defender. And is a magical piece of technique :classic:

According to rebrickable, I have 99.9% of the parts needed to build it (ignoring color), needing only 2 small parts. Awesome. :thumbup: :thumbup: Thanks for posting this, Sheepo.

Edited by SheepEater

Not only thanks to sheepo but also to Jurgen for this really excellent BI because otherwise no one of us would be able to build this marvel

Big thanks to Sheepo. Jurgen and Blakbird to make this amazing car available for the community! Just purchased the RC instructions, they're in, and now slowly start wil BL'ing all the parts :tongue:

just ordered my instructions, how long does it usually take to get them? super anxious to get this started

Hmm, I wonder if Sheepo could produce instructions, for just the gearbox, cause while I like the car, I'm more interested in the gearbox and how it works.

Its just so incredible how a pile of Lego bricks can be transformed into something so recognisable as a Mustang! Incredible work. One day I hope to own a real one! Must start saving my pennies......

Just started my build. I have to say the instructions are absolutely wonderful! On page 100 or so. Despite having 90% of the parts the hardest part for me is inventorying them and figuring out what I need to buy from BL. Any tips ?

The mustang is brilliant and quite a size too!

I have a large volume of red at the moment so I may give this a go :-)

Just started my build. I have to say the instructions are absolutely wonderful! On page 100 or so. Despite having 90% of the parts the hardest part for me is inventorying them and figuring out what I need to buy from BL. Any tips ?

Do you have Brickstore installed on your computer?

You can export parts list from rebrickable to brickstore, remove items from the brickstore list that you own then upload to bricklink as a wanted list, well at least that's what I do..........

The mustang is brilliant and quite a size too!

I have a large volume of red at the moment so I may give this a go :-)

Do you have Brickstore installed on your computer?

You can export parts list from rebrickable to brickstore, remove items from the brickstore list that you own then upload to bricklink as a wanted list, well at least that's what I do..........

Thanks- I'll take a look at that.