XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

So far I've stayed away from the Rebels subtheme. Mostly to limit myself but also because I'm worried that the sets will no longer have any appeal after the show is over. I like the show but I doubt I will ever watch it again in the future. Some of the sets like the Wookiee Gunship and Rex's AT-TE were only featured in one episode and might never be seen again. I watch all of the movies at least once a year so I know I will enjoy having those sets long term. Do any of you feel this way about the Rebels sets? Do any of you feel this way about the Clone Wars sets now that the show is over?  

14 minutes ago, jdm44 said:

So far I've stayed away from the Rebels subtheme. Mostly to limit myself but also because I'm worried that the sets will no longer have any appeal after the show is over. I like the show but I doubt I will ever watch it again in the future. Some of the sets like the Wookiee Gunship and Rex's AT-TE were only featured in one episode and might never be seen again. I watch all of the movies at least once a year so I know I will enjoy having those sets long term. Do any of you feel this way about the Rebels sets? Do any of you feel this way about the Clone Wars sets now that the show is over?  

I worry sometimes about set/theme longevity. Generally though if I like the theme/characters then I don't have a problem using them in related themes. I frequently use my OT figures with my rebels figures and don't feel bad about posing them together or setting up a diorama with all of them bunched up. 

My general view of Rebels sets is that they are close enough to the OT to freely flow in and out. Since we are getting a few connections with Rogue One and Rebels (and thereby the OT given EPIV's immediacy after RO) it should be possible to enjoy these well into the foreseeable future. The vehicles in particular should hold up well as long as the OT remains a thing people want. 

As for TCW I can't say. I've only been out of my Dark Age a year this month so I missed out on all of that and everything before it. But I imagine since we are still getting prequel sets that the same principle applies. Those who enjoy the prequel theme will find ways to mix in what they need with older and future releases. 

1 hour ago, Japanbuilder said:

Looking at Brickset recently some terminology caught my eye. Namely under a set's availability. Some sets have it as Retail-Limited. What does the Limited refer to? Is it a limited time frame? A more finite than usual number in stock? Does anyone know specifically what the term means? I tried Brickset itself but can't find anything like a glossary page there. 

Looking at the sets marked as "Retail-Limited" ... it could mean different things.

The set could be limited to certain retail shops only like the LEGO shop and LCS (LEGO Certified Store) exclusive or partner exclusive (Target, Walmart, TRU). TRU Bricktober, the latest modular building (i.e. Brick Bank) and IDEAS fall under this category. 

For the general sets currently on sale  - I can see why some Star Wars sets are marked as 'retail limited' because not all toy shops that usually carry LEGO sets have them at this time. Most likely due to limited supply for the time being, or regional release strategy. I am also puzzled why LEGO choose to release the sets at different timing but the most logical reason is the supply chain network bottleneck. For example the 2017 Star Wars sets are already available in EU, Australia, Malaysia and some other parts of Asia now... but not yet in the US.

The other items such as magazine gifts that comes in foil packs -- I think the reason why they are marked as retail-limited is because not all the LEGO magazines are distributed worldwide and very limited to bigger markets only. 

So yeah.. not a very specific answer but I think you can break it down to 3 sub-categories of "limited release".

Edited by makoy
forgot to quote... :P

20 minutes ago, makoy said:

*snip*

Thanks for the answer. It actually does help a lot. It makes it easier to narrow down the reasoning behind some of the prices I am seeing in my region for these sets marked as limited. Thanks again!

33 minutes ago, jdm44 said:

I think it all depends on your approach to buying/collecting in the first place.

For me, my PT & CW collection was always about force/sabre-wielding minifigs and droids/clones - the sets were whatever the sets were unless it was easier to just BL minifigs. I didn't really buy a set for the model. As for OT, I am really only collecting imperial forces (ie TIEs, ATs, officers & troopers etc) & Hoth sets. No interest in the characters, I don't even have a Leia (I think). For TFA I went for most everything, except the OT character sets, but the primary focus was first order forces. When it comes to Rebels, I am again looking for imperial forces but also the hero ensemble. I've skipped the 2 sets you mention, but nothing else if I think about it (except the Frigate - yet. $50 for Ahsoka vs $200 for the whole set is still a difficult decision).

I also pick up all the battle packs & micro/planet sets (whatever is going). So any set I bought for the model, it was a TIE or AT and who ever gets over that sort of thing?:wink: Meanwhile I have a whole bunch of models I didn't care about in the first place.., but don't mind. They are piled up in a box, the minifigs kept separate.

Yeah, I only buy sets if it's a nice design and is sufficiently distinct from my other sets, unless it has minifigures I want for a reasonable price. That's why I only have a couple of jedi starfighters - I bought my first for the build, and numbers two and three were to get Plo Koon, Shaak Ti, and Even Piell. I'll buy anything Imperial though. For Rebels I got the Ghost & Phantom because they are relatively unique, feature the main character minifigures I didn't have, and are pretty important to the show. I plan on getting the Assault Carrier too, as it's Imperial. The rest I don't touch.

Arguably 75060 is the definitive Lego interpretation of the Slave I, and very close if not exactly minifigure scale.  I do not collect UCS sets and have not yet picked this one up -  partly because of the price, but mostly due to the size and my limited display space.  I don't have any version of Slave I in my collection, and I got to wondering if we would ever see another System scale Slave I, along the lines of 8097/6209 but with updated minifigures and building techniques.  Not wanting to rehash any debates over what is true "minifigure scale", I'll just say that personally I am not super picky about size and always prefer a nice looking model to one that is precisely in scale.  

What does the community think of this?  Is 75060 the last Slave I we ever need, or is there room in the line for a smaller version with comparable quality?

I don't own 75060, although I agree that it's a beautiful model. I own the previous Slave 1 (8097), and although smaller and less detailed, it has a functional cockpit, storage for Han, and all sorts of weapons. It doesn't look particularly out of scale either. The thing that bothers me about the UCS set is that it wastes some of the space inside - the "real" Slave 1 has small crew quarters and a holding cell as well, which are absent here. A smaller Slave 1 is a lot more "swooshable," as well as more in scale with other LEGO ships, so I'm sure we'll see another eventually.

I think there's definitely room for a smaller Slave I. The UCS version is a fantastic set but it doesn't really fit in with the "system scale" models and its size takes up quite a bit of space. I do hope any future versions will have a drastic redesign to make them better proportioned like the UCS one is. The fat base and low hanging wings on the system versions don't really hold up well anymore.

The site feels really disjointed at the moment. Here in the UK I've been able to pick up a few of the sets such as the Y-Wing and various battlepacks etc (I could have bought them all but went for my priorities) while they're not available until March in the US/Canada whereas over in the Licensed Forum people are buying up their Lego Batman Movie sets but there's none of that available in Europe.

The thing I like about the site is chatting and sharing with people about the sets we've seen, bought and enjoyed but the way things are delayed across various continents is taking that away a little for me. 

Is Lego even aware the amount of cash they are losing with a late release of Star Wars sets? 

At least TFA had their stuff released in NA january first, we have jack this time. Europe even had enough time to buy the stuff before christmas ... ( December 15 I think?)

Is everyone happy that this year's advent calendar didn't have a single weapons rack? 

:laugh:

Actually, apart from the desert skiff and the 'snowman', all the minibuilds were pretty darn good. 

Yeah, the Advent Calender was amazing this year, it really took a step up in terms of what it was offering.

I also think the minifigure range is one of the best we've seen so far.

Wondering if you think we'll get more rogue one sets in the future? On a budget but don't want to miss out on the main characters.

Also first post on Eurobricks even though I've been watching for the last 3 years.

47 minutes ago, OuchBrix said:

Wondering if you think we'll get more rogue one sets in the future? On a budget but don't want to miss out on the main characters.

Also first post on Eurobricks even though I've been watching for the last 3 years.

I think an AT-ACT is inevitable. There's also a good chance that we'll get one of those transport ships ( I don't know the name). There's a few other vehicles and locations from the movie that could end up as sets in the future but I don't want to spoil anything. 

4 hours ago, OuchBrix said:

There's an "Imperial Hover tank" listed on brickset for summer 2017, god knows what it can be. Could it be the clone hover tank?

In any case I really hope they expand on the movie with other sets, even if it's only an excuse to release X wings ( blue leader would be nice, though I would prefer red leader ), a new OT TIE ( last one was released back in 2011 and looks dated ) with missing movie characters.

In the pics & rumours thread we ended up working out who the imperial officer in light grey is. Does anyone remember or have a pic of the guy from the film?

11 hours ago, Calanon said:

In the pics & rumours thread we ended up working out who the imperial officer in light grey is. Does anyone remember or have a pic of the guy from the film?

From the Death Star? I think he was the chap that walked past the turbo lift as Han/Luke/Chewie got out to head to the detention centre. Did we find out if he actually had a name?

Edited by Robianco

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

From the Death Star? I think he was the chap that walked past the turbo lift as Han/Luke/Chewie got out to head to the detention centre. Did we find out if he actually had a name?

Ah yeah, the guy that's literally in it for under a second.

38 minutes ago, Calanon said:

Ah yeah, the guy that's literally in it for under a second.

Yeah, well so was ice cream maker-guy from ESB. They gave him a name and a backstory and everything. Point is; nerds gon be nerds. :wink:

5 minutes ago, Only Sinner said:

Yeah, well so was ice cream maker-guy from ESB. They gave him a name and a backstory and everything. Point is; nerds gon be nerds. :wink:

I can't find any name or backstory or anything for the light-grey uniformed officer though. :tongue: I did find the Legends name for one of the ISB officers who walk by though when I had a quick look.

On December 21, 2016 at 0:38 AM, jdm44 said:

I enjoy my TCW sets still and would probably jump on any that will come out. I have a couple Rebel sets and I'll enjoy having them even though the show may be finished whenever that may be.

This is related to collecting Star Wars Rebels... I  missed out on the Ghost because it wasn't in my priority list. I already have every main characters in SW Rebels except Zeb and I'm almost ready to Bricklink Zeb....  Should I even hope that Zeb will be included in a new set?

Edited by makoy

31 minutes ago, makoy said:

This is related to collecting Star Wars Rebels... I  missed out on the Ghost because it wasn't in my priority list. I already have every main characters in SW Rebels except Zeb and I'm almost ready to Bricklink Zeb....  Should I even hope that Zeb will be included in a new set?

If you Bricklink a Zeb, he will probably come out in a future set.

If you don't Bricklink him, he probably won't.

Based off Murphy's Law :laugh: