Rick

10243 Parisian Restaurant

I'm mainly into Castle, Pirates and Star Wars but have to admit this is one awesome looking set - lots of nice techniques and it looks like a great parts pack with dark red, dark blue and olive green in abundance.

The problem is once my wife got a hand on this I would probably never be allowed to break it down.

Wow ! :cry_happy:

I have to admit that the first time I read about the Parisian Restaurant, I was exited but also afread. I have so many hopes for a very nice modular buildings, so my deception could be as important ! Even the last two modular buildings weren’t so bad, I didn’t like them like Café Corner or Green Grocery : less architectural details, less special construction bidlings. :sceptic:

I’m so happy with those first pictures! I can’t imagine having such a nice set ! hi sis definitly my favourite modular building ! Sorry Café Corner, it seems that there is finnaly a chalenger for the first place !

The architectural details are really great, the general look is very clever. There are so many things to look at tha you don’t know where to start looking at !

The terrasse on the street, the entrance of the restaurant, the menu (written in feench !) the « chez Albert » logo with a Eiffel Tower A looking, the details on the facades, the lovely roof, the firts floor terrasse and all those details inside ! Everythings look cossy, smart, giving you the envie to leave here ! This set has its own story and ambiance. I did’nt have this feeling for a set since a ling time !

Jamie and his team have made a very incredible peace of art for me !

As a French guy, I really like the « cliché » put in this set : in each picture, there is a bottle of wine, we find some croissants, some cheese in the fridge, the artist studio in the roof ! :grin:

But why no bagette, no frogs in the dish, no beret ! But these are really minor things of course !

Even if I really like the olive green, it’s not really a parisian color (more tan, dark tan, caramel, brick) but it’s very welcome for me !

I need two of this set for sure, to have a second floor and give it a more impressive look.

Can’t wait to put my hand on it ! :wub:

Now I just want to build again some modulars, after a poor year of envy !

And a scooter, so nice!

Well you will be able to build it this year since it will get a VIP early release on the 16th. of December!

I'm really happy with the set. :classic:

I think Jamie did a perfect job on this restaurant and in my mind is on the same level as Green Grocer.....

That is my birthday!!! I'm crying right now. :grin_wub: I love this set soooo much. And yes, it will be an awesome set. Maybe I try to build up my GG while I'm waiting form the 16.12....

it is a beautiful set, and i'd buy it today if it was for sale :wub: ... the colours the interiors and the detail is WOW!

I love the quality of the set, but im a bit concerned about the quantity of it. It is clearly the smallest modular released to date, and it is a whole floor less than it should be, with little price change. the part count is high, but obviously the part count is not in bricks. the ground floor looks like a standard modular ground floor, the first floor is only half the depth of a normal modular and the second floor is the roof. there is a one and a half floors missing more or less.

it appears they have bedazzled us with detail, and new printed stuff in one hand, and removed the size with the other

Edited by glendo

Thats cheap for all thoose pieces, normal its about 1 dkk Kroner .Per piece, now its under Danish cent.Cheap

Albert doesn't sound French at all......or does it ? :blush:

It depends on how you pronounce it. :tongue: It even was the most popular name in 1920. :wink:

awesome building ! but one thing that maybe have been said already, don't lego minifgs need to go to the bathroom ? has there been any modular apart from pet shop that features a bathroom ? toilet, shower, bath etc etc ?? why lego ? why? or maybe we'll get a nice public bath modular one time :D

There is enough room in the back to build an outhouse if your figs have to go. :laugh:

I was waiting so long for the pics, and it's beautiful!

So many clerver and cute accessories and details. Everything is beautiful here, and that Scooter :wub: I have to pick this up

Beautiful! Even if I won't buy it (I prefer building MOCs) it's giving me some good ideas for my modulars :) I hope to see that scooter in another set soon :D

Lovely. The olive green looks great against the blue and white. Loving the new parts and the scooter is awesome. I bought a few of the arealight one's from Brickforge but it'll be cool to have an official one or two. Hopefully it shows up in City sets in other colours soon.

The round tile with hole is cool and very useful. The bowl / plantpot / lampshade piece is really nice. Good to have something smaller than the large ball turret socket from the star wars Republic gunship.

I don't buy the modular buildings as they're too expensive for me but this one is outstanding and very attractive. I may attempt to save up for it and if i don't I'll certainly be looking to buy a bunch of parts from it on bricklink.

Very good addition. I was skeptical when I heard that it was going to be a restraunt. I also tend to not like Astrud's models as much as Jamie's so that goodness he is back! He did a great job on this build.

I am glad that Jamie is back doing the modulars and it shows because this set is simply beautiful. I like that they continue to make these modular buildings different from each other by not following the usual square/rectangular patters of the buildings themselves by the inclusion of the outside stairs. I also like that by taking away that wall they used the bricks to give us more details inside, but the second floor doenst seem to have much detail though. I notice some new bricks in the front mainly the brown ones that the plants are on as well as the new shorted chains. The dark red tiling od the front pathway is a nice touch too.

Lastly the grey baselpate and NO STICKERS is a must buy for me.

Any chance that we can get this early in december for V.I.P members?

Edited by kermit

I love the unique surfacing, 'texturing', and framing of this beautiful creation. The use of feathers and so many Technic pieces, plus some Bionicle fins on the exterior are quite original and they simulate the baroque flourishes that define much of Parisian architecture. I think that Jamie Berard has been inspired by fan designers to create new methods for designing interiors, furnishings, etc. This set seems to be heavily influenced by many of the fan or AFOL designed 'modular buildings' that are being sold on eBay and Bricklink like: Modulars by Kristel, Brick City Depot, Brickbuilderspro, Snaillad, etc. For example, the dumpster, rear vines, the chimney, and the 'snot' flooring on the first floor are all features found in some fan-designed modular buildings. -------- I wish that it was larger so that the dining room would be bigger and that there would be room for a bathroom on the 1st & 2nd levels. I am going to have to figure out a way to expand the footprint of the Parisian Restaurant.

What a neat modular! Definitely not the best so far. I don't know what took Lego so long to make a restaurant in this line! The early release in January means I can get it for my birthday!

It would be hard expanding bottom floor of the building unless you can get your hands on more of those olive green bricks without buying a second building,

Yeah, on December 16. :-)

Where does it say dec 16th?

Well you will be able to build it this year since it will get a VIP early release on the 16th. of December!

I'm really happy with the set. :classic:

I think Jamie did a perfect job on this restaurant and in my mind is on the same level as Green Grocer.....

Here.

GRogall said it on a previous post. :-)

Thanks. Now Im glad that I took advantage of the double V.I.P points as I have $200 in points....will be picking up this one early.

Also includes a rat, seagull and 2 clams

Uuuh.... I think this one flew away.. haha

:sceptic: Hopefully it will land on the roof before the set hits the shops :wink:

It looks like a fantastic model! Probably at least a top three, but I have to build it before I can rank it among the other modular’s :grin: