Jim

Generic Contest Discussion

Contest Setup  

312 members have voted

1. 2. Publish result list including...?

2. 3. Preferred building period?

3. 4. Preferred voting period?

4. 5. Favorite voting scheme? (multiple answers allowed)

• 20 points (distribute all, max 10 per entry)
    • 10 points (distribute all, max 5 per entry)
    • Old Formula One style (distribute 10, 6, 4, 3, 2 and 1 points)
    • New Formula One style (distribute 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6 ,4, 2 and 1 points)
    • Eurovision Songfestival style (distribute 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 points)
  5. 6. Public or private voting?

6. 7. Should we allow digital entries?

I would say both the A and B models.

Yup!

Should have been this week, but I haven't found the time. It will be online shortly.

Actually....let keep the pullback motor for a next contest :wink:

(I will add no pullback motor to the list)

Pneumatics is allowed.

Will other spring-loaded mechanisms be allowed? I'm thinking of shock absorbers, and things like Competition Cannons:

lego-dark-stone-gray-arrow-shooter-with-flat-bottom-57796-27-439999-50.jpglego-medium-stone-gray-arrow-with-soft-black-rubber-end-57028-27-341901-64.jpg

I'm fine with that.

I really need to get that topic online :sadnew:

:laugh::thumbup:

(I saw this video for the first time last week, hilarious)

Sounds like a cool comp, and given the size limit not putting PF in there seems fair (most Lego sets which either include PF or are PF-able wouldnt fit in a 10k cube stud box), not sure what i would do with pneumatic though..

Ill probably try to build a small MOC for this comp, but i doubt ill have the time for a proper A+B model of appropriate size, itll be a nice exercise though

Okay, the topic is online:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=117656&st=0

I need to work on the promotional image, but we can finalize the instructions.

I will also add an example image of the stud measurement.

Just a suggestion captain Jim: I think it may be useful to illustrate the volume limit in a graphic (of 2 different objects) within the description.

Coming soon...

Nice setup for the TC9, Jim. It provides a nice balance between model freedom and technical challenge. I will try to find the time to enter.

I was wondering if there's an overview available of the past (Technic) contests and if not, there might be a need/wish for a central location with a summary of the contests and the links to the relevant topics. Last night, I was trying to find an entry of the MINI contest, but it took me some time to dig for it.

Just an idea.

I was trying to find an entry of the MINI contest, but it took me some time to dig for it.

I searched an entry of old contest, and was able to find what was looking for in first try via google. Just typed tc6 eurobrick entry topic.

I'm bringing this topic up because of Jim's statement in the TC9 discussion topic, saying "I will (most likely) never limit a contest to studded or studless.". I wanted to reply to this but did not want to steer that topic off course, so here we are.

I will (most likely) never limit a contest to studded or studless.

I dunno, some mini-contests can be held limited to studded/studless building for fun. Or they could be small 1-2 week challenges like "Build an (insert your favourite machinery here) with less than X studded parts". Challenges would not have a prize, therefore only simple voting could be used, just to show members' favourite build.

I would be happy to see any contest,even if no prizes or votation will be included.

Maybe like erelender stated before - some kind of challenge?

What about a walker contest?

Like something that can not have wheels and has a minimum of two legs?

What about a walker contest?

Like something that can not have wheels and has a minimum of two legs?

Well, out of experience (don't know if you get the joke :grin: ), I would recommend to word it like:

'Something that has no rolling wheels (including custom brick-built wheels) or tracks, that it uses to move in any direction, touching the ground'. :laugh:

Yea I guess I could have worded that better :blush:

Yea I guess I could have worded that better :blush:

I don't mean it negative. It's a joke, but I think most people here don't get it though :laugh::grin:

But, a little more on topic: i'd like to see a contest that doesn't cover any vehicles (cars, excavators, trucks, wheel-loaders etc.), but machines. I personally find these much more interesting lately, because I've already seen so much of the other stuff. Think about things like PG52's spirograph (amazing!), or Nico71's clocks or mechanical calculators, or that ancient machine that wen viral a couple of years ago, or the airplane folding machine more recently, or all of uefchen's (or something like that :blush: ) creations. Stuff like that, there are still sooooo many possibilities (and on a side note, machines are easier to build, since you often don't have to replicate some real-life curves or shapes :wink: ).

Does the Porsche contest conflict with a potential new Eurobricks Technic contest? The Porsche contest closes on the 1st of Aug, so maybe we can start on the 1st of Aug.

Did you post this it the wrong place?

I don't quite get what you mean. :look:

The contest runs until August 1st at 10:00 a.m. CET
Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Did you post this it the wrong place?

I don't quite get what you mean. :look:

And I don't get what you don't get :laugh::tongue:

Does a potential new Eurobricks Technic Contest (you know....the one we have secretly been talking about) conflict with the Porsche contest? In other words; do people have enough time for an EB contest.