Sandy

Heroica RPG - Cruel Angel's Thesis ~ Day One

Elin Surefoot wobbles around, trying to find an empty seat in this overcrowded Hall

"Being cooped up in here sure reminds me of the yester years in my underground village, spending my time drinking rum and mining."

Elin Surefoot found an empty seat and sat down, heaving a sigh of relief

"Phew, age is definitely catching up on me, thanks to whoever that gave this seat up for me! :thumbup: My legs definitely need a much needed rest."

Doesn't seem like a consistent stat boost, then. No thanks.

"Yer loss. Cappriccia here is probably woman enough for both of ya'. We'll try not to make too much noise and wake the kiddies ya' keep mentioning."

Sir Rubinstein replies to Legion, his voice hearty and booming. "Indeed sir, it heartens me to see another experienced warrior here. Too many of these so called 'heroes' have not seen the horrors of war. They would rather drink themselves silly in this tavern. I tell you, the day the Orc matriarch allowed all heroes to drink for free here was the day it became meaningless to call oneself a hero. Although, no we are locked in, it would seen churlish not to partake in an ale. Care to join me?"

Luridan's bacon arrives and he settles down for his meal, completely unable to avoid hearing everything said in the saloon.

:pir_yoda:

The halfling's face fell, and she sank back into her chair with a grumble. "Juice. Orc lady at the bar won't serve me any ale..."

Eris looked surprised "Are you sure no one slipped somehting funny in that juice of yours?"

Swinehurst was annoyed that so much happened while he was trying to speak and yet he was not notified before he opened his mouth.

He turned to greet the little gremlin at the bar and beckoned Kob over.

Greenies, come droink! Strength in numbers, plus ale!

Bacon make you strong. Bacon cure sickness. Bacon is best stat boost!

A look of hate came to the Orcish lady's face. "You disgust me. If you really want us green skins to be considered normal then you should stop talking as if we are unique!"

Eris quickly got up and went to a table as far away from Swinehurst as possible.

Sir Rubinstein replies to Legion, his voice hearty and booming. "Indeed sir, it heartens me to see another experienced warrior here. Too many of these so called 'heroes' have not seen the horrors of war. They would rather drink themselves silly in this tavern. I tell you, the day the Orc matriarch allowed all heroes to drink for free here was the day it became meaningless to call oneself a hero. Although, no we are locked in, it would seen churlish not to partake in an ale. Care to join me?"

Indeed! If there was ever a need for a good ale, it was now.

Werther stands to one side letting the two veterans pass. The wraith nods in agreement to the evoker before signing, {Indeed, I fear we are as an XX Bomb, bottled up only waiting to detonate.}

"I can't say I've heard of the device... Have you encountered it, Mister...?"

"Nope. Can see the resemblance, though." Calico was remarkably unfazed by the goblin's appearance.

"Ay imagine you wood..." He paused and looked around the Hall mumbling to himself, "Dam cultiztz... It waz harrd finding dam in Murkwood, end we new hoo to luke four... Nau, we luke among ourselvz..."

Skrupp yawns.

"Torrik's ars.e, I'm tired. Can't keep staying up these late nights and still have strength for all these lovely girls. I'm done for the night, well, nearly done."

The nord grabs hold of one of Cappricia's strong arms and tugs her gently towards the stairs.

"Come, honey. I've had a bed made up in one of the wine cellars. It's bloody cold down there, even a nord like me could freeze without a warm lass by his side! There's also a shedload of ale for us to help ourselves to if we can't keep it up. I'm ready for you, Cappriccia, don't keep me waitin'. I bet you my shiny metal hat that this is a night you won't forget."

Oxstrong leads the ancient vampiress away and down into the chill of the cellars. Many noises can be heard, but they cannot be relayed in order to preserve the innocence of young ears.

A look of hate came to the Orcish lady's face. "You disgust me. If you really want us green skins to be considered normal then you should stop talking as if we are unique!"

Eris quickly got up and went to a table as far away from Swinehurst as possible.

"Fool, ye're bein', sound, what he says tis, xenophobia, common tis, unique, all are, safe wi' our kind, we're."

"Hope the vampire's got some Remedies on her," snickered Calico, taking another gulp of juice.

"Well then," says Zelphie. "Time to get to it, I suppose. Anyone got any ideas? The faster we get these megablocks, the faster we're out of here. I had just seen a quest departing for Ennon, I'm anxious to get moving again."

"Hope the vampire's got some Remedies on her," snickered Calico, taking another gulp of juice.

"Dinnae talk a' such, makes me sick, it does.

Enya's expression jumps from confusion, sudden understanding, concern, awkwardness, disgust, and then finally settles on simply staring ahead in consternation as she listens to the sounds in the wine cellar. The sounds of ..."love...? causes the spirits droning in her head to flare up a bit. A hand gingerly raises to Enya's skull, the evoker nearly stumbling out of her chair. She bites her lip, hoping nobody noticed.

"...Am I the only one who heard that? The cellar, I mean...

I already know for fact I hear "things"."

"Well then," says Zelphie. "Time to get to it, I suppose. Anyone got any ideas? The faster we get these megablocks, the faster we're out of here. I had just seen a quest departing for Ennon, I'm anxious to get moving again."

"I had an idea, Wings. The peddler downstairs...think he's got some useful tools we can use to root out these Snifphlegm. If a couple people pooled together some gold, we might be able to buy a Magnifying Glass."

Luridan looks in the direction of this voice, seeing another fashion disaster he turns back to his meal.

"I had an idea, Wings. The peddler downstairs...think he's got some useful tools we can use to root out these Snifphlegm. If a couple people pooled together some gold, we might be able to buy a Magnifying Glass."

Luridan listens as the two fashion disasters plot.

Edited by Lord Duvors

Foolish, he thought to himself. She'd alienate those wishing to befriend her, just because they were seeking safe haven among themselves first?

Silly orc, he mutters, as she walked away. He turned to see two men take seats at the bar nearby. Having been enough of an extrovert for one day, he quickly turned his attention back to his acquaintances.

Silly paladin, too! Bacon best cooked. Crispy, crunchy.

Zelphie snorts laughter. "Calico, my darling halfling, how are we to decide who gets to hold onto such a beautiful item? You haven't forgotten the quarrel the two of us had over that lovely gemstone in Baltarok, have you?"

Enya's exp<b></b>ression jumps from confusion, sudden understanding, concern, awkwardness, disgust, and then finally settles on simply staring ahead in consternation as she listens to the sounds in the wine cellar. The sounds of ..."love...? causes the spirits droning in her head to flare up a bit. A hand gingerly raises to Enya's skull, the evoker nearly stumbling out of her chair. She bites her lip, hoping nobody noticed.

"...Am I the only one who heard that? The cellar, I mean...

I already know for fact I hear "things"."

"No, lass, we can all hear that sterling example of a Nord. All they think about is the battle and the spoils afterwards. And this whilst Heroica has lost one of the Veterans. It's despicable."

"I can't say I've heard of the device... Have you encountered it, Mister...?"

The mute assassin answered hastily, his undead limbs moving jerkily but intentionally. {Ah, we haven't had a chance to quest together as of yet my good lady? It's Werther. Yes an XX Bomb, an incendiary device I ran across on one of my previous quests, almost literally blew me to pieces.}

Zelphie snorts laughter. "Calico, my darling halfling, how are we to decide who gets to hold onto such a beautiful item? You haven't forgotten the quarrel the two of us had over that lovely gemstone in Baltarok, have you?"

"I still think it should've been mine," squeaked the rogue. "You may have pointed it out, but who's the gal that slipped the thing out of the display when nobody was looking? My point is, it'll help us find the rats that killed that Veteran."

The goblin looks at the two ladies fighting and steps up, nodding his head excitedly.

"Nayz leydiz have good plan, Ay help them two! End az for d glass - one dey one leydi haz it, one dey oder leydi, one dey mee, end zo on. Zound good?"

This is the most progressive thing I've heard all evening. That racket downstairs most certainly does not count. The issue is how to make sure that it's in the right hands.