Tacker

Technic 2014 Discussion and Speculation

Any more updates on 42030 it's gone very quiet on the topic :)

I'm pretty sure that if someone on the forum is in posession of some news worth sharing, they would do so in this very topic :wink:

EDIT:

And there is still a dedicated 42030 topic where I think it would be less frowned upon if you want to continue asking "any news yet?"

Like Error404 says in the post below, everytime someone posts something useless in this topic and it lights up on top of the forum, we all think there are some actual news..

Edited by D3K

And here I thought new posts actually contained news... Y U DO THIS?! :angry::laugh:

Things could change, but from what I've seen so far, I'm not overly pleased with this year's sets with the exception of 42025, which I plan on getting once it's released here in Canada. Since coming out of my dark ages, I've picked up the past three flagships (8110, 9398, and 42009), but I think I'll be passing on 42030.

hi, i'm new member. just get my lego technic 2014, set 42021 & 42023 last weekend. the 42030 have 4 types motor , 2 receivers ,2 controller and a battery box. good for get the power function parts.

Personally i think i'll skip most Technic sets for now. I'm feeling kinda tired of building official sets anyway. BTW where is the news on the bulldozer? Was hoping for pictures of the alternative model.

I'm pretty sure that if someone on the forum is in posession of some news worth sharing, they would do so in this very topic :wink:

EDIT:

And there is still a dedicated 42030 topic where I think it would be less frowned upon if you want to continue asking "any news yet?"

Like Error404 says in the post below, everytime someone posts something useless in this topic and it lights up on top of the forum, we all think there are some actual news..

This topic is pinned which is why I asked here. I didn't want to bump the 42030 topic and the whingers would be out complaining!

This topic is pinned which is why I asked here. I didn't want to bump the 42030 topic and the whingers would be out complaining!

Valid point, but I still think it's unnecessary to ask, when it's pretty certain that any news will be posted by anyone having any news :classic:

When official news are posted, someone will post them here as soon as they find it. Relax and have a hot dog :laugh:

Supposedly one unnecessary post asking for news, and then 10 even more unnecessary posts -including mine- complaining about the first one. Do you see the irony?

However as the thread title is 2014 discussion and speculation and not 2014 news I guess all is good.

I think Conchas, Sariel and Eric will get the sets first (offically) for reviewing.

I look forward to this. Always love Conchas review and live builds every year. As far as i remember it's normally around June or July this happens.

Maybe Conchas might have an idea!

Wonder who will be next to have a licensed flagship... maybe a caterpillar bulldozer in 2015?

Yeesh, relax! :laugh: We haven't even had this year's bulldozer yet!

Things could change, but from what I've seen so far, I'm not overly pleased with this year's sets with the exception of 42025, which I plan on getting once it's released here in Canada. Since coming out of my dark ages, I've picked up the past three flagships (8110, 9398, and 42009), but I think I'll be passing on 42030.

I'm not thrilled with this year's selection either. I got 42023 'coz it's pretty cool and gives me 8453-related nostalgia, but as for everything else, I'll sidestep it with the possible exception of 42028. I'm not hating on the designers, by the way, who do excellent work, but I just think Technic's getting too hung up on zany colours and simple functions, and it's becoming far too repetitive. ENOUGH FRONT-END LOADERS ALREADY!!!! :grin: At least we haven't had a bulldozer too recently.

Spotted in the wild, at the Westfarms CT Lego store: 42020,42021, 42026 and 42027, but no 42025. Place was too crowded to ask why these were put out ahead of schedule, maybe I will go back during the week.

Spotted in the wild, at the Westfarms CT Lego store: 42020,42021, 42026 and 42027, but no 42025. Place was too crowded to ask why these were put out ahead of schedule, maybe I will go back during the week.

but these sets are already released? i have them all except 42027.

but these sets are already released? i have them all except 42027.

You don't live in the USA :tongue::wink:

I just picked up the snowmobile at my local TRU. I think it was the only 2014 Technic sets they had.

Edit: Sorry, meant TRU instead of TLG.

Edited by dhc6twinotter

I just picked up the 4 smaller sets at TRU. They didn't have any of the larger sets yet. No sign of any of the 2014 Technic sets at the LEGO Store in Washington, USA.

I work at a Lego store in the US, and I'm not allowed to discuss any release details until the sets hit the US site. Speaking of which, the 2014 sets seem to be available everywhere but the US. Any ideas on why that is?

Gad I hope we're not going to be facing a 1 year delay like we did with the PF L and Servo motors. That could make a lot of people upset.

Edited by Saberwing40k

I just picked up the 4 smaller sets at TRU. They didn't have any of the larger sets yet. No sign of any of the 2014 Technic sets at the LEGO Store in Washington, USA.

This is very weird - here we were able to buy e.g. 42025 in mid-February. And Poland - as far as I know - is not strategically important market.

I believe this was a strategic decision by TLG to free up shelf space for "The LEGO Movie" merchandise in North America. There is a limited amount of space in the retail stores, so I think they needed to delay some other 2014 product. Why Technic? Probably because it is not very popular in the USA so they figured the delay would not cost them much. But it sure is painful for some of us! I need my cargo plane.

But it sure is painful for some of us! I need my cargo plane.

I feel for you, We have had the cargo plane and all the 1H 2014 sets here for months, all the retailers who sell LEGO have them.

Edited by Paul B

I live on the East Coast and I can confirm that they have hit the Toys R Us stores here as well... As Eric said it was just the 4 smaller sets...

I work at a Lego store in the US, and I'm not allowed to discuss any release details until the sets hit the US site. Speaking of which, the 2014 sets seem to be available everywhere but the US. Any ideas on why that is?

I would imagine it would be kind of odd if someone comes in to use their V.I.P. card and asks you if you know when the new sets are coming out and you tell them that you can't disclose that information and they say "But they are already on sale at Toys R Us"

I suppose since Toys R Us is the largest distributor of Lego that they can do what they want... They always have sets way before Lego does.. I remember at Brick Magic a few years ago they were sneak previewing the new Lego Miners sets to the public, but they wouldn't give a release date, meanwhile you could go to Toys R Us and buy them...

I would also like to add that Toys R us is currently selling the new sets at the price they are supposed to be and not jacked up yet. The 2013 Pullback racers are $24.99 and the new 2014 ones were $19.99 and I believe the snow mobile was as well....

Edited by Paul Boratko

Haven't seen any the 2014 Technic sets available in Canada yet.