Tacker

Technic 2014 Discussion and Speculation

Found 1 42030 at a TRU in the next major city about 80 miles east from me. I called around and funny thing is I live in a huge metro area, but none of the TRU's had any of the 2014 sets in, although I got most of the 1H ones I wanted from Amazon. Out of the 2H models, all I wanted was the 42030 anyway. But when I called they said they had 2 and I wanted 2, but when I drove all the way there (through a 30 minute construction wait) they only had one. Ah well, at least I have 1. They had every one of the 2014 models in stock, but selling fast from what I could tell.

The price of this set (42030) at the lego shop, i mean, what are they thinking...

US price = $ 250 = € 185

NL price = € 250 = $ 337

DE price = € 220 = $ 296

You tell me how this set is worth € 65 more only because i live in the Netherlands?

And i'm sure the Americans here are not going to pay $ 337 for this.

The US price is getting close to what I want to pay for this set...

I wouldn't pay that much for a newly issued set, maybe a retired one on BL or Amazon, you rather expect markup after retirement. I recently shelled out $300 for a new 8265 Front Loader from 2009. That exchange rate stinks indeed. Nice thing about TRU's, at least for now, is that they charge MSRP when sets first come in. Give them a couple months and it will have a nice fat markup.

Checked out two more TRUs in my area; still no luck. One didn't have any of the 2014 sets in stock, not even the four small sets, but they still had four 8110s!

Checked out two more TRUs in my area; still no luck. One didn't have any of the 2014 sets in stock, not even the four small sets, but they still had four 8110s!

That's really odd to have 8110 since we're released in 2011 and were retired long ago. Maybe a dist center employee found a case or 2 of them hiding somewhere. Since April the local TRU's have had the 42020, 42026, 42027 and the snowmobile (can't recall the set#). Still didn't have the 42030 or 42029 or any of the medium size sets from 1H2014, but I found all of them in a smaller metro area TRU abt 80 miles east. The 42029 was sold out, but I called Tues 7/22 evening and they had had 2 of 42030 and even though their policy is only to hold until end of day, it was 8PM and they agreed to hold the 42030's until close on 7/23 as I said I had a long drive to get them. I mentioned this in some topic that I got there late morning 7/23 and they only had 1 42030, after they told me they had 2 and still some on the shelf. I was kind of pissed, but figured well at least I got 1 anyway.

Edited by DarkShadow73

Aren't we all? Time to open a 2015 topic I'd say! Let's have another prediction round :laugh: I can already imagine allanp and davidmull going 'LAs suck pneumatics rock bring them back!!' :wink:

No 42029? Figured that'd be your cup of tea.

She said that they didn't have that or the Hot Rod... She wanted to get the truck for herself to build, but like I said, they didn't have it...

All of these sets are going into her bricklink store...

She got a couple of Hot Rods last week at another Toys R Us...

All of the prices were actually what they were supposed to be and not jacked up yet....

I hope that you bought all 4 of them... :laugh:

My stores haven't had any in a long time...

Edited by Paul Boratko

Man, you guys are all making me jealous that you were already able to get them at your local LEGO stores/TRUs lol. I've had no luck finding any of them in my area thus far. This now calls for more runs to my local TRUs!

Aren't we all? Time to open a 2015 topic I'd say! Let's have another prediction round :laugh: I can already imagine allanp and davidmull going 'LAs suck pneumatics rock bring them back!!' :wink:

I have recently merged the 2015 topic with the wish list topic:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=72349

We will create a 2015 topic when there are actual rumors instead of creating a topic starting with "I would like a supercar" and "I hate construction equipment models" posts :tongue:

I just looked at the NZ 2014 2nd 1/2h catalogue and while the new sets release date is 1st Sept, I was surprised that the 42028 bulldozer is pictured as the B version, trencher. No pics at all of the A model dozer. Reminds me of 8274 tractor being marketed in the states as a dune buggy. Strange though because unless they have a different box, people wont recognise it on the shelves.

Just got myself the 2014 2nd 1/2h catalog (Romania Edition) and the Bulldozer is advertised thru the main model. There is a little picture of the B model beside it !

All the 2H sets are now available on the Australian S@H site.

Typical though, I ordered the new mini and 42024 container truck the day before......

Edited by OzBen

All the 2H sets are now available on the Australian S@H site.

Typical though, I ordered the new mini and 42024 container truck the day before......

Very cool, sadly none of them appeal to me at all :(

Yesterday the 42030 came in. Sorted all the parts out last evening and today I will start building it and take it apart for modifications. I really don't like the steering, that will be replaced with 2 mini AL's and a M-motor. I will also built the B-model with my own parts and heavily modify it to a 6x6 dumptruck. Both sets will be displayed at Legoworld the Netherlands. In the kids section they can play with the real 42030 sets and at my stand they can see what is possible with extra parts to motivate them as well.

Last year was a success with my modified Unimog and Jurgen Krooshoop's PF 42009.

Toysrus.de has the frontloader for 176, pickup for 72, and bulldozer for 32 until the 6th or so.

I recently shelled out $300 for a new 8265 Front Loader from 2009. That exchange rate stinks indeed. Nice thing about TRU's, at least for now, is that they charge MSRP when sets first come in. Give them a couple months and it will have a nice fat markup.

I tried to sell my extra one for like 100 or 120 euros and nobody wanted it, if I had known.