Tacker

Technic 2014 Discussion and Speculation

I just received Lego's summer catalogue and it has the summer 2014 sets in, though not available till August 1st. It also has the first image of 42029's b-model... it appears to have articulated steering and a simple claw arm crane on the rear, and some sort of plow blade on the front, using one of those 11x3 panels.

Looking at it, it's fairly close to what rm8 posted above.

Edited by Wiseman_2

I think this is only a silly point of view

I don't.

1) The back arm is too far back from the articulation point.

2) The whole model looks too wide.

3) There is no front grill.

4) The way they attached the ROPS looks ugly.

5) Look at at beacon.....

I don't.

1) The back arm is too far back from the articulation point.

2) The whole model looks too wide.

3) There is no front grill.

4) The way they attached the ROPS looks ugly.

5) Look at at beacon.....

I agree with that, but overall, it's not bad. It's nice to see LEGO offering something different for a change. :thumbup:

Now all we need is a forwarder flagship model...

I agree with that, but overall, it's not bad. It's nice to see LEGO offering something different for a change. :thumbup:

I totally agree with you,but why could they not spend a little bit more time refining both the A and B models?

Now all we need is a forwarder flagship model...

That would be a very good C model for the wheel loader...

I totally agree with you,but why could they not spend a little bit more time refining both the A and B models?

Yeah, the B model could use more refinement, but I think I'm in the minority with the A model…I actually kinda like it. It reminds me of the old Power Wagons.

That would be a very good C model for the wheel loader...

It's going to be hard. I have never seen a forwarder with just four wheels, and to make one in scale of said wheels, would require a lot of parts..

That being said, I would love to see an official forwarder flagship! :thumbup:

Still the B model looks better than A?

True, true. :sweet: We haven't had a skidder since 8459's B model (and its re-releases), so it's quite refreshing, I guess. Still not keen on the set, though. :laugh:

EDIT: Actually, the most recent skidder was 8416's B-model (I'm not sure if 8069's B-model counts). Funnily enough, 8416-B was the only one before now to have an attachment at the front. :laugh:

Edited by Maaboo35

Do we know yet whether or not the 2H14 sets will be released along with the 1H14 sets in North America in August? I don't see them listed on S@H on neither the Canada nor the US sites, but hopefully they will be there soon!

Do we know yet whether or not the 2H14 sets will be released along with the 1H14 sets in North America in August? I don't see them listed on S@H on neither the Canada nor the US sites, but hopefully they will be there soon!

I haven't heard anything official on that matter. The shelves will be flooded with new sets if they put all of 2014 out at once. I think they would have to retire all the older sets to make room. I think they will all be available at S&H, but I'm not sure about the retail stores. My guess is that they will be released slightly more gradually than predicted. For example, the smaller sets are already available even though they were not predicted to come out until August. Maybe this means others will be a bit early as well.

I haven't heard anything official on that matter. The shelves will be flooded with new sets if they put all of 2014 out at once. I think they would have to retire all the older sets to make room. I think they will all be available at S&H, but I'm not sure about the retail stores. My guess is that they will be released slightly more gradually than predicted. For example, the smaller sets are already available even though they were not predicted to come out until August. Maybe this means others will be a bit early as well.

Thanks, that sounds reasonable. It's definitely been an agonizing wait for those of us who want the new sets now (I need my Cargo Plane! :sceptic:). I wonder if there will be any impact to upcoming 2015 sets as well in North America.

So what are the odds of the new sets being available July 1st in Germany and the UK?

I recall form previous years sets were spotted at the Lego Stores and Argos...

You can purchase all of the 1H2014 Technic sets in North America on Amazon.com, but be prepared to pay a premium since they have been imported. I just got the Cargo Plane this way. Otherwise you have another month to wait.

That's because they don't get released until August!!

Yes i know that but u would think they would have them up a few weeks before there released.