Tacker

Technic 2014 Discussion and Speculation

1626 pieces - 200euro

thanks, roundabout the partcount of my loader. where did they hide all of the parts?

Lots of pins and axelpins?

Both models look interesting to me. Let's see what the "reverse-builders:" come up with...

What are the functions (eccept for the obvious winch) are there for the red Pick-Up?

What are the functions (eccept for the obvious winch) are there for the red Pick-Up?

It appears to have reclining seats :thumbup:

I like both models, although I must admit that I am disappointed with the loader's steering and acceleration. The L motor operate's in a very abrupt way (same issue as the Crawler imho), just like the servo. Not too happy about it. But looking very much forward to it nonetheless.

The front section of the loader does look a bit odd. The rear looks very realistic. The bucket is awesome!! Looks just like the real deal.

It appears to have reclining seats :thumbup:

I like both models, although I must admit that I am disappointed with the loader's steering and acceleration. The L motor operate's in a very abrupt way (same issue as the Crawler imho), just like the servo. Not too happy about it. But looking very much forward to it nonetheless.

The front section of the loader does look a bit odd. The rear looks very realistic. The bucket is awesome!! Looks just like the real deal.

exactly the same issue as on 9398. But honestly yellow wheels racing medium is what I was waiting for at least 7 years. Now patience payed off. just have to wait if there is fake engine or just green block to act as fake engine. Never the less everything I want from set is there - Yellow rims, yellow rims, yellow rims, yellow rims, and a number of parts. It would be great august this year.

Igor

exactly the same issue as on 9398. But honestly yellow wheels racing medium is what I was waiting for at least 7 years. Now patience payed off. just have to wait if there is fake engine or just green block to act as fake engine. Never the less everything I want from set is there - Yellow rims, yellow rims, yellow rims, yellow rims, and a number of parts. It would be great august this year.

Igor

Could not agree more :thumbup:

The pick-up looks unfinished to me, kinda thrown together. There's been a lot better looking trucks by MOCers on this 'ere forum. Also, what's with the negative camber at the rear?

The loader looks good, but I echo the sentiments about the steering and jerky acceleration.

Can't see me buying either to be honest. I'll wait and see what the bulldozer is like.

Anyone seen where they've hidden the receivers in the loader?! Are they both V2 btw?

Both receivers are behind driver's chamber. V2 or not there is no way to see that.

I think we should all stop complaining as someone can always mod it with mini LAs . Lego will always make errors in the models they create and its up to the buyers to fix these things.At least for me that's part of the fun of Lego--having the satisfaction of improving a model

Im pretty alergic to post like this, this is lego fault not added fun for me.

I expecting for 200 euros]flawless set, interesting that every flasghips for few years back have almost one bad mechanical solution or mistakes that even Dokludi replica based on preliminary photos doesnt have.

This problem is most seen in fully motorized sets, this can be secribed in two words-Slow(Based on real counterpants) and shaky(Saving pieces in every way to fit in price range given by economics not engineers).I was thinking that this loader doesnt have any mistake based on fan models in same piece count, but usage of servo for steering in this kind vehicle is hmmm stupid?I think there will be many child, that will be confused with this solution...

Also Im disspointed that they dont fit 4X4 in pickup, because its looks like designers must make room for m-motor and that room is located in place where is normally cardan located.Thanks marketing guys, you probably cut off 4X4 that everybody will love and you are expecting that there will be enough customer that buy expensive set for motorization only for winch...Yes there is logic in this, but logic that I never can fully understand...

Edited by Ondra

The loader is 99% definitely on bang-bang remotes in that video, jerky acceleration and steering is inevitable. And no I don't like the jerky performance either, but hold your horses until some reviews of it with a train remote appear. :wink: The use of servo with train remote might work well, as it holds the dial position afaik.

Try a city train with bang-bang remotes sometime, that's jerky. Massive wheel spin. :classic:

If RC vehicles are going to keep being a thing, a third controller with proportional control might be nice. Either 2 sticks (maybe on x and y axis), or a y-axis stick and a dial with return to centre. Dreaming.

Edited by andythenorth

I like the bucket arm on the loader. The use of studded beams and plates gives it a very solid look. Sure modding can be done but for ones i would like a flagship that doesn't need any major modding. While i buy models more for parts than for display it would be nice to be able to play with them as well. The problem is that most have something that makes play a lot less fun than it could be. Unimog anyone? I said earlier that i don't like the servo and i don't yet having another one would be nice as well. Beyond that controlling the model will be difficult.

I hope the production Volvo will ship with a new "three-step" controller or something, else this is just ridiculous.. But I imagine there must be a reason for the inclusion of servo steering, maybe someone higher up the chain of command said it had to be implemented? I just don't buy the "Kids will not be able to wait 3 seconds to go from left to right"-statement. Using two small LA's, geared up ever so slightly from an M-motor gives a nice, smooth, strong, not to mention precise, steering solution! :thumbup:

As it is in the video, I just can not believe that will be the finished product.. :thumbdown:

That being said, converting it to LA-steering shouldn't be a problem in a model of this size.

Anyhow, I' pretty sure I will not be buying the set.. :sceptic:

The pick up on the other hand, looks promising, though I'm disappointed it hasn't got 4WD.

Also curious to see the bulldozer! :sweet: Maybe using four Pneumatic Brackets for aestethics? :laugh::thumbup: :thumbup:

Also curious to see the bulldozer! :sweet: Maybe using four Pneumatic Brackets for aestethics? :laugh::thumbup: :thumbup:

:laugh: Agree. That would be really nice and pull back prices to earth.

Anyway, is there any chance for a pneumatic bulldozer? Has anybody seen it yet somwhere?

I just don't buy the "Kids will not be able to wait 3 seconds to go from left to right"-statement. Using two small LA's, geared up ever so slightly from an M-motor gives a nice, smooth, strong, not to mention precise, steering solution! :thumbup:

As it is in the video, I just can not believe that will be the finished product.. :thumbdown:

100% agree :thumbup: - but can it be that a company like Lego demonstrates on one of the most important toy fairs of the world such a bumbling (in certain aspects) designed and clumsy performing top model which looks and performs like an early prototype (in certain aspects)? Can't believe this...

well, saves me some money passing on this loader... for this money i can buy all missings parts for some outstanding MOCs out there... :wink:

While i haven't seen it i doubt it but wouldn't mind if it were pneumatic. So any news on alternative models. :tongue: Ultimates doesn't count. :devil:

Thanks for posting the videos :) Will probably be getting both of the sets. Going to be an expensive Lego year for me

Using two small LA's, geared up ever so slightly from an M-motor gives a nice, smooth, strong, not to mention precise, steering solution! :thumbup:

But it stresses parts.

LA's do not move symmetrically is such a configuration. Lego can't accept that in its models.

[:thispostisobviousproof:]

The pick-up looks unfinished to me, kinda thrown together. There's been a lot better looking trucks by MOCers on this 'ere forum.

MOCers will always make better looking creations than LEGO. MOCers does not have to worry about stuff that LEGO has (cost, playability, stiffness...)

But it stresses parts.

LA's do not move symmetrically is such a configuration. Lego can't accept that in its models.

[:thispostisobviousproof:]

then we should try to do it better with the servo. with a 8 tooth gear on the servo and a 20 tooth on the steering linkage would make the best compromise. or simply do it with one la or a gearrack

Edited by efferman

MOCers will always make better looking creations than LEGO. MOCers does not have to worry about stuff that LEGO has (cost, playability, stiffness...)

Maybe but mocers sets in most cases don't look official at all. Lego always come up with great designs. Look at 8110. Magnificent set.

True, I take that comment, but I fail to believe it would've made it significantly more costly or affected playability to make it a bit better looking. Perhaps it's just me...

8110 may look good, but it's fundamentally flawed vis a vis the steering and suspension, almost to the point of being unplayable.

Edited by Gee

But it stresses parts.

Build this (from jorgeopesi's Komatsu WA-800), and tell me which parts are stressed:

steeringunit.jpg

If you have the time, run it from left to right a couple of thousand times, and see if anything breaks down.

If it against all odds would break the parts due to being non-symmetrical in design, then why not use just one LA ?

I'm not necessarily saying this is the best setup, but it has to be way better than the servo idea! The LA's aren't even that important, the main improvement will be in preventing the jerky motion caused by the servo, as well as more or less eliminating the backlash caused by having to gear the servo. I'm pretty sure it would be as easy, if not easier, to drive in a straight line with an alternative steering solution, rather than a geared down servo.

tell me which parts are stressed

LA (whatever their are big or small) do not move simmetrically with a build like that. I mean, when one deploys, the other should theorically not retract with the same pattern/speed.

But as they are connected (with gears), they are compelled to work together. And this is incorrect mechanically speaking.

then why not use just one LA ?

This is indeed a possibility.