peter_m

41999 from shop.lego.com - problems, concerns, questions, answers

Ijust a an email to lego group. Im gonna send it back. They make another lego fanatic happy!

There is still hope for humanity!!!

Congratulation for take the righ decision and I hope LEGO will reward you for your kindness and honesty.

It's sold out!

This is an email I received a few minutes ago:

"It's great to hear you're interested in 41999 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition. The demand for this particular LEGO® set has been high. That's the reason why this set is now out of stock. Unfortunately, since this item is in limited production we will no longer be offering it thorough LEGO® Shop At Home. It will now only be available through our LEGO Brand Retail stores."

Well, that was quick...

I only bought a scond one as it was cheaper than 9398, so if my order is filled I may sell it for the price of 9398 or swap for a new 9398.

Wow, what a rush. Sold out in roughly 9-10 days?

Some people predicted it would sell out within the first couple of hours, so 9-10 days is not too bad.

In Austria there is only one store, that had his first opening on the 2nd August. I was there in the afternoon and was told that all 41999 they had where sold within 30 minutes after opening. Some days later a store emplyee with a hamburg T Shirt told me hat there where 4000x 41999 for Germany (including Austria I think).... I ordered mine online... expecting delivery next week.

That is not what the CS-rep told me... He told me there were only 4000 sets available for Europe (Germany and Austria included)

That would be over 200 per lego store, I thought the 4k was the stores + online.

Meh. Nearly two weeks has passed now since placing an order for this set as soon as it went live. Have received one automated email saying my set is on backorder and one (very polite) response from customer service saying I might get one, or I might not. Order status is stuck "in process", while I read posts on Lego reseller forums from people boasting about getting 20-odd sets. Not the best online shopping experience I've had.

Meh. Nearly two weeks has passed now since placing an order for this set as soon as it went live. Have received one automated email saying my set is on backorder and one (very polite) response from customer service saying I might get one, or I might not. Order status is stuck "in process", while I read posts on Lego reseller forums from people boasting about getting 20-odd sets. Not the best online shopping experience I've had.

I had read a story as well that made me quite disappointed by the dishonesty of some people in order to exploit their fellow person; looking at ebay now is enough to make one quite mad. I hope Lego reads those forums to see what kind of subversion of their processes and good will goes on... I'm going to have to stop talking about this now, and simply be happy I got a set.

Is your crawler now set to "in process" though? Hopefully so, that is a good sign as was recently explained to me.

I had read a story as well that made me quite disappointed by the dishonesty of some people in order to exploit their fellow person; looking at ebay now is enough to make one quite mad.

But without resellers, people that are just getting into lego technic wouldn't be able to buy past glories like 8043.

Sure, someone wanting to buy one now pays more than when lego was still selling it, but that's still preferable over not getting an 8043 at all.

I can see though how the very fast profit is annoying, someone selling past glories might make money but had to spend much more time waiting for their profit. But for most of the other sets, the resellers are doing us a service, and also, keep in mind that the more resellers there are, the lower the price will be.

(PS. About the honesty of returning something when you received something that isn't yours, that's more common than you might expect. My wife lost her wallet 3-4 times since I met her, and she's always gotten it back with everything still in it. But I think this mostly depends on where you live, there are places where that wouldn't happen. If a store clerk accidentally gives me too much money back, then I tell them so they can correct it. I think more than half of people would do that).

But without resellers, people that are just getting into lego technic wouldn't be able to buy past glories like 8043.

Sure, someone wanting to buy one now pays more than when lego was still selling it, but that's still preferable over not getting an 8043 at all.

I can see though how the very fast profit is annoying, someone selling past glories might make money but had to spend much more time waiting for their profit. But for most of the other sets, the resellers are doing us a service, and also, keep in mind that the more resellers there are, the lower the price will be.

(PS. About the honesty of returning something when you received something that isn't yours, that's more common than you might expect. My wife lost her wallet 3-4 times since I met her, and she's always gotten it back with everything still in it. But I think this mostly depends on where you live, there are places where that wouldn't happen. If a store clerk accidentally gives me too much money back, then I tell them so they can correct it. I think more than half of people would do that).

I agree with you, I'm not actually annoyed by people buying up freely available sets to sell at a later date for profit - they are value adding in the way you describe. (I've also been a happy customer of them too, having gotten a 10179 and 8880 for reasonable prices).

I'm really just specifically referring to this set, but maybe it's just an imagined problem, and those with a yet to be shipped order will have their orders completed in due course. Doh! I was going to stop winding myself up about this and enjoy my set when it arrives :blush:

If you see the sets on bricklink, boycott those sellers, or better yet make a list of them here. Because it is very wrong to do this type of business. I ain't into technic just to be a collector I am a engineer in training (lego engineer), I couldn't give a stuff about collecting what other people came up with. Sometimes when I buy a set, I don't even build it, just want it for parts.

Looks like this set won't be released in South Africa :cry_sad: Also been trying to source it internationally but with no luck. I'm definitely not paying double the retail price on ebay and the like :sick: If any kind soul here can hook me up with a trusted source that has this for a reasonable price, let me know ASAP :laugh:

Edited by phool

So my freebie MiniMech arrived today.... in a big box!

I'm expecting it to be shipped by pouch but Lego is too kind to include 95% Billund air nicely packaged in two separate plastic bags :laugh:

So, I'm still waiting for the 41999.....

BTW, here's the pics

120820131023_zps228c4a2c.jpg

Edited by francisalmario