The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

12 hours ago, CastleRail said:

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I'll be doing the opposite of @Lion King and placing classic smileys on some of the newer sets.

48 minutes ago, arnoldtblumberg said:

I definitely would have preferred them to keep the classic smileys for the modulars, but eh, what can ya do. Time marches on....unfortunately.

This is my sentiment! It was tradition and a nod to the company's history. We have "normal" heads in just about every other in house iP, I felt it was disrespectful to scrap it from the only line that held the tradition of that legacy. Especially given we only get 1 single new modular a year. It's not like the classic smiley living on in this theme causes much of an issue because that amounts to just 1 single set a year that pays homage to that and getting rid of that tradition felt dismissive. As dramatic as that sounds lol.

23 hours ago, Mr_Pepi said:

I understand your point but, for me the new heads give more personality to the minifigures. With the different faces we can create new and diverse situations, where the expressions of the minifigures give a very special and more realistic touch.

I too, like the new heads.

Some of the older sets, with the default smiley faces I do have. I could have got more, but, I was, undecided too long, due to default smiley, then they went out of stock, totally. The sets were Parisian Restaurant, Detective's Office. Maybe someday I'llbricklink the parts in the future.

The default smiley Modular sets I do have, are Palace Cinema, Brick Bank and Assembly Square.

In my opinion, the new heads, give more life to the modulars.

Edited by Shiva

1 hour ago, BrickFit26 said:

11 more days until October is gone. Will there be an official reveal in the next few days like Brick_Clicker said...

If he is proven wrong, we (and the modular city citizens) shall start a mob. 

On 10/12/2023 at 12:48 PM, Sunseeker21 said:

while on the floor above a collection of space and science artifacts can be admired. Some references to the LEGO story are also supposed to be housed here.

Anyone think we'll get a Black (or Completed Purple) Classic Spaceman as a display piece in the space section of the museum?

On 10/20/2023 at 11:50 PM, Lion King said:

You are fond of mobs, but I do not think AFOLs are the "best" mob crowd, so maybe you have better luck building a MOC next time with minifigs :tongue:

On 10/20/2023 at 6:10 PM, upliftingbricks said:

Anyone think we'll get a Black (or Completed Purple) Classic Spaceman as a display piece in the space section of the museum?

Hmm, maybe a different color this time? You can complete a purple space fig with parts out there. OTOH, we are yet to see a formal light bluish gray air tanks. The one out there is the old light gray. It would be nice if Lego comes up with a bright light blue spaceman once and for all.

On 10/20/2023 at 2:50 PM, Lion King said:

A minifig mob.

18 hours ago, Roebuck said:

You are fond of mobs, but I do not think AFOLs are the "best" mob crowd, so maybe you have better luck building a MOC next time with minifigs :tongue:

>:) I think it’s a great idea, lol.

My bet is that the museum will include a NASA/Apollo style suit (but not actually NASA licensed)

Quite a bit of info put out there by Brick Clicker a few mins ago. I’m excited! December 1st release date? 🤔

35 minutes ago, Westbrick said:

Quite a bit of info put out there by Brick Clicker a few mins ago. I’m excited! December 1st release date? 🤔

Yeah! The olive green color scheme should look great, although hope not too spooky or halloween'y. Would love to know where did he get the info

per Brick Clicker:

1. potentially release Dec 1st (take with caution)
  2. Main color is OLIVE GREEN
  3. staircase leading up to the double doors with huge white overhang behind held up by two white pillars
  4. small garden on either side of the staircase with two gray minifigs and a large blossom tree on the right 
  5. two fabric banners hang from the walls with advertisements for the space and dino displays using JW Brachiosaurus for artwork
  6. Gray roof with skylights and dome in center 
  7. Looks like a mix of Disney Haunted Mansion and clocktower from Back to the Future
  8. reveal later this week!

I can’t wait for an offical reveal! But the release day is December 1st? If it’s true, what is the best reason Lego has for the early release instead of the traditional January 1st release. 

I can’t decide if I believe the 1st December release date? I thought the reason we were getting leaks was because it was expensive and they wanted to give people time to budget/save. But in any case I’m super excited for the set. I saw a natural history MOC on here ages ago that I fell in love with and ever since then I’ve been buying random historical CMFs to serve as exhibits in a future build of one if I’d ever got to it!

2 minutes ago, Lion King said:

I can’t wait for an offical reveal! But the release day is December 1st? If it’s true, what is the best reason Lego has for the early release instead of the traditional January 1st release. 

A wild guess supported by some rumors: a second modular could be relaesed next year. 

Let's see.

25 minutes ago, Kallego said:

A wild guess supported by some rumors: a second modular could be release next year. 

Let's see.

Seeing as they shelved the original 2023 modular in favor of the Jazz Club, it's fairly reasonable to assume they'll release it at some point.

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-original-2023-modular-building-scrapped

Brickset has it listed that the Police Station and the Daily Bugle are both set to retire by the end of the year, along with AS and BS. Theoretically this would free up a second spot for a newspaper press... :look:

Edited by Brick387

33 minutes ago, Kallego said:

A wild guess supported by some rumors: a second modular could be relaesed next year. 

Let's see.

I would LOVE to see a second Modular building next year! That’s a quite wild guess for sure. 

Certainly sounds promising.  Potential clash with the Parisian Restaurant colour scheme, but the Fire Brigade and Jazz Club seen fine, so hopefully it's all good. I hope that the blossom tree isn't too anemic.

A question - has brick clicker actually SEEN this, and is deliberately reporting it as 2nd hand info for some reason? Or genuinely just relaying info he’s been told?

1 hour ago, Brick387 said:

Brickset has it listed that the Police Station and the Daily Bugle are both set to retire by the end of the year, along with AS and BS. Theoretically this would free up a second spot for a newspaper press... :look:

As a journalist, man I hope you are right about this. Was so pissed we missed out on it to begin with, Daily Bugal does not fit the modular town astetics at all. 

7 minutes ago, FrkW said:

As a journalist, man I hope you are right about this. Was so pissed we missed out on it to begin with, Daily Bugal does not fit the modular town astetics at all. 

Agreed.

Interesting details. So excited to see the reveal. I just hope the inside is not a lot of empty space, kind of like the Book Shop, which was missing a lot more book shelves and books.

I doubt they're moving to releasing 2 modulars a year.