The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

11 minutes ago, BrickFit26 said:

Wider base plate?

This has me puzzled too… I think he meant to say/speculate 1 32x32 baseplate and 1 16x32 baseplate but not sure?

I'm pretty surprised they've gone for a single use building. It certainly makes a statement (hopefully), but having recently built the Grand Emporium, it felt more basic than the modern multi-building ones. I realize that it's pretty old now, and modern techniques in the new one will be a lot better. Maybe it will be lots of rooms or wings to it for that same multi-building feel.

If we are getting Natural History Museum for real, then what about an unknown Modular GWP set? That’s kinda tough one to guess… I could think a few:

1.) School Bus - Prety unlikely since it needs pieces more than 300 to build a bus. Regardless, it would be fun addition for a field trip!

2.) Transport Trck - Some vehicles could carry artificats, such as mummy, shield, vase. However, it’s Natural History Museum, not Human History, so it’s kinda unlikely in my opinion for Transort Truck to happen. 

3) Police Car - Like, we need a security to stop crooks from breaking in and stealing?
4.) Random Car
Now, if it’s not a vehcile set at all, I think I have two I can think of:

1.) Hot Dog Vendor 

2.) Flower art

1 hour ago, legomaniacj said:

I will get it regardless, this would have made more sense to have as the 20th anniversary set though. I am still hoping to one day get a post office, but a museum would be cool too. My question, is there or were there any clues in the Jazz club build to suggest the next modular? 

To answer your quesiton, honestly, no I don’t think I saw any clues that point to the next modular building. Nothing realtings to museum, it seems. 

Of course, we have Moving Van (GWP set) that has a painting directly from the art gallery. I don’t think it tell us about “natural history” as well. 

27 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I'm pretty surprised they've gone for a single use building. It certainly makes a statement (hopefully), but having recently built the Grand Emporium, it felt more basic than the modern multi-building ones. I realize that it's pretty old now, and modern techniques in the new one will be a lot better. Maybe it will be lots of rooms or wings to it for that same multi-building feel.

To be honest, I would be happy to have a single-purpose buidling set. 

1 hour ago, Lion King said:

To answer your quesiton, honestly, no I don’t think I saw any clues that point to the next modular building. Nothing realtings to museum, it seems. 

Of course, we have Moving Van (GWP set) that has a painting directly from the art gallery. I don’t think it tell us about “natural history” as well. 

When I saw the symbol on the moving van, I thought we had that somewhere before, like a cargo train car or the cargo plane, so I was thinking more like package delivery and therefore post office. (yes, I really want a damn post office)

GWP could be an exhibit in the museum, because "natural museum" screams all sorts of things.

Edited by legomaniacj
put national instead of natural.

26 minutes ago, legomaniacj said:

When I saw the symbol on the moving van, I thought we had that somewhere before, like a cargo train car or the cargo plane, so I was thinking more like package delivery and therefore post office. (yes, I really want a damn post office)

That’s competely understandable you want a post office! Eveyone demands school, post office, hospital, and some random buildings, such as apartment building.  Speaking of which, there is an empty box in the “green room” on the second floor of the jazz club. Plus a package box with “To Jazz Club” label  from the moving truck. I did assume they are relating to a post office. Ah well… we keep dreaming!

4 minutes ago, Lion King said:

That’s competely understandable you want a post office! Eveyone demands school, post office, hospital, and some random buildings, such as apartment building.  Speaking of which, there is an empty box in the “green room” on the second floor of the jazz club. Plus a package box with “To Jazz Club” label  from the moving truck. I did assume they are relating to a post office. Ah well… we keep dreaming!

It will happen one day! I will keep dreaming for one. 

16 minutes ago, Borex said:

Botanical friends house, natural history museum, next thing we need is a zoo

Botanical friends hosue? You mean Botantical Garden from Friends theme?

22 minutes ago, legomaniacj said:

It will happen one day! I will keep dreaming for one. 

For sure, keep dreaming! :)

More leaked details from Promobricks. Brachiosaurus skeleton in the atrium. First floor has natural history exhibits. Second floor has space, science, and LEGO exhibits. Roof is the curator's office and two skylights.

Sounds like plenty of fun details.

I would imagine the atrium to be two stories tall, and maybe even three, with a braccio skeleton. So you need the extra width to fit the galleries in the wings.

36 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

More leaked details from Promobricks. Brachiosaurus skeleton in the atrium. First floor has natural history exhibits. Second floor has space, science, and LEGO exhibits. Roof is the curator's office and two skylights.

I would imagine the atrium to be two stories tall, and maybe even three, with a braccio skeleton. So you need the extra width to fit the galleries in the wings.

That gotta be amazing!

I would imagine that there is an opening in the 2nd floor so brachiosaurus’ head skull could go through that gap. But it would be more difficult. I think each floor would be taller for sure. 

11 hours ago, Chris10 said:

The site suggests 7 minifigures, I wonder if there will be extra ones to use as part of historical displays?

I think it will be the other way around, with maybe 4 "real" minifigures and 3 of them being statues and mannequins

Edited by PGBQW

3 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Maybe there will be tons of references to next year's releases, especially the space theme!

10 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Brachiosaurus skeleton in the atrium

Was hoping for the mould instead, however even I assumed that was very slim chances of that happening:tongue:

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Was hoping for the mould instead, however even I assumed that was very slim chances of that happening:tongue:

Maybe there won’t have the new mould that you are searching for, but you surely will find some old molds 😆in that museum !

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

They might do a printed skeleton on it, like the T.Rex set...

I don’t think a molded Brachiosaurus would be used as a fossilized verison for this museum set…

I'm so happy we got info on the 2024 modular so early. It's a pain to have to wait. I wonder what color palette they went with this time.

29 minutes ago, BrickFit26 said:

I'm so happy we got info on the 2024 modular so early. It's a pain to have to wait. I wonder what color palette they went with this time.

Since it will be a natural history museum, a little touch of earth green (too rarely used) for accents with gray for the stoneworks and brown for wood would go with the concept

4 hours ago, Hippocampe said:

Since it will be a natural history museum, a little touch of earth green (too rarely used) for accents with gray for the stoneworks and brown for wood would go with the concept

I like yoru ideas. Fro me, I would imagine the museum would have color scheme - white, tan, and a dash of sand/earth green. Gray color for steps. Architectural eateries would be a classical one, which it woul be very nice for natural history museu. I don’t think art deco would do right. 

I would be happy to see a light gray statue of the existing maned lion (from City theme in 2021) in front of the museum. But i don’t think it will happen. 

Edited by Lion King
Typo

3 hours ago, Hippocampe said:

Some good options there.

On 10/6/2023 at 11:44 PM, Borex said:

Botanical friends house, natural history museum, next thing we need is a zoo

I imagine the museum in the same style of the botanical with the arched plates as accent, but in tan or light grey

A building with a large amount of sand yellow (aka dark tan) as the primary color would be great and would certainly fit with the style of any number of museum buildings around the world.

Also remember that modulars don't normally get new molds (the double bass in the jazz club was an exception because it wasn't technically a "new mold" since it was created already for canceled Vidiyo product)

Edited by jonwil

56 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Also remember that modulars don't normally get new molds (the double bass in the jazz club was an exception because it wasn't technically a "new mold" since it was created already for canceled Vidiyo product)

I think Police Station does have a new arch piece?