The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

6 hours ago, hikouki said:

Why a possible early release?

i would like to know that as well - Museum and Orient Expess set was seemingly switched thier places. But it doens’t explain why. 

58 minutes ago, Creation88 said:

I think there will be leaks today. An IG account is teasing it. 

Ohhh what are they saying?! I really hope it is today! First they said Thursday and I was waiting all day then Friday and now they said Monday! I’m so excited for this I can’t wait anymore lol

5 minutes ago, astroboy75 said:

First pic on IG !

Where?!

NM, found it. Don't know if it's the colour but it's giving me Victorian/Haunted House? Not necessarily a bad thing, but... 

Edited by FrkW
sp

Alright, first impression. Torn about the colour, don't hate it but don't love it either - yet. Think I would have prefered the windows in white to make it a little less gloomy. 

Looks way more British and less American than I was expecting, thought it was going to have a more neoclassical vibe. Again not necessarily a bad thing, I really like the roof line and the entrance.

The exibit drop downs looks too modern to fit in my city, might skip those.

Can't wait to see the interior, really hope there is a gift shop. 

Love it, looking forward to seeing the inside. Hoping those banners on the outside are printed though.

EDIT: Nvm, looks like they will be the plastic sail type pieces.

Edited by ChrisW

Well, this is surprising…

I know it matches the description previously leaked. But it does not look like I thought it would.

I like it but am not sure if I love it. I’m looking forward to seeing more pictures/angles and in higher definition. 

6 minutes ago, lomis said:

I know it matches the description previously leaked. But it does not look like I thought it would.

I think I was basically expecting The Smithsonian. 

Sorry, but for me it's the worst Modular in a long time. The pillars of the entrance portal look strange. Would have been better to have a balcony in the first floor between them. The color is just :pir-sick:

This might be wishful thinking but in the central window is that a blurry classic space logo maybe on a figure?

The dinosaur body shape is smaller than I expected

7 figures plus statues outside too

Edited by upliftingbricks

28 minutes ago, lomis said:

. But it does not look like I thought it would. 

It never does :tongue:

I will wait for better pictures tomorrow, however it looks a little "flat on the surfaces" (hard to describe), do not mind the colour :shrug_oh_well:

What dog is it, French bulldog?

I honestly couldn´t belive it would look good in olive, but surprisingly it actually does - though I wonder how it would have looked like if it were tan.

What you can see from the insides also looks good, although there isn´t really that much space there sadly. However I understand it had to have that size to match with the other modulars (and to not get to expensive)

2 minutes ago, heelveelbier said:

Better pics of front and back box on IG now. 

Where? 

5 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

This might be wishful thinking but in the central window is that a blurry classic space logo maybe on a figure?

I was wrong :laugh:

Reuse of Rivendell statue torsos. Should have expected that as parts are on PaB

Just as I’d given up hope of a teaser this weekend!!! I’m excited to see more now. As ever with blurry pics, it’s hard to be sure about much-a case in point is the dinosaur skull, which just looks like a brick on this image! Agree it does look a bit haunted house-y, but still 100% buying it. Will be interesting to see inside and what exhibits it has. I have lots of CMFs that would fit right in. Might need to add another story!

Overall, it seems like a yes for me: I like the roof line, reminds me somehow of the PR. The pillars, the portal and the stairs in front of the entrance share many resemblances with TH. I will place them on the same street, but not side to side. For the color scheme, I will give the benefit of the doubt - I disliked the ones on JC, but when I saw the official reveal with more contrasts than on the initial pictures,  it grew a little on me (not my favorite though). I thought it would be taller: the details of the model mentionned the office of the curator on the third floor … an inside mezzanine perhaps ? On the outside, it looks like the FB: a tall 2 stories building instead of a 3 stories construction.

Not so "flat" now :laugh:
The modular street need some pigeons, but a fun detail that the old lady is feeding the "sparrows"..

Hope that there is more details inside that what is on the back of the box :sceptic:

24 minutes ago, Hippocampe said:

the details of the model mentionned the office of the curator on the third floor … an inside mezzanine perhaps ?

I think it’s actually on the roof itself?

it’s inside the dome. 

Edited by Westbrick

After seeing the back of the box, I have two key takeaways:

1. It’s a lot shorter than I had hoped/expected. 
2. the interior decorations look sparse. 

Otherwise, I think it looks good. But I had higher hopes than what it turned out to be. 

And still, a post box near the bench … we can already speculate on the next modular - which should be a corner one - the much coveted Post Office ! But let’s enjoy this one for December 1st !?