The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

75827 LEGO Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters in January 2016 to replace the annual modular building.

Modular Building in April will replace the D2C The Simpsons set from the last two years - it doesn't look like we'll get another The Simpsons set in 2016.

In July we'll get a new LEGO Creator Expert 'iconic' car.

I can't wait to find out more about next years D2C sets, for me those are always the most exciting sets per year - along with the LEGO Technic flagship sets.

I think its just wishful thinking. Information about modular in april (marh for VIP) is pretty solid, but for others, who knows. I got infrormation that we will also get new "landmark" set sometimes early next year and that could as well be on january 1st. This set will cost around 220 euro and will therefore replace Tower Bridge (or not, since it just got new box. but that would mean that sydney opera house will go).

I would love it if Lego would release something related to the modular line to make the street look more complete. A park/recycling center would be cool. Statues or fountains? Traffic lights or powerlines?

It would keep the modular exictement up during the summer and wouldnt have to be expensive.

I recently got the pet shop, next one is going to be at Christmas. So what is likely to end first, Parisian Restaurant or Detectives office?

I would guess the Parisian Restaurant, just because it was released first, but there have been many exceptions to that logic. I love the Pet Shop though. I would recommend getting a second one and combing them if you have the money. I was lucky enough to find a second Pet Shop for just $10.

Edited by Actor Builder

Re: Combining two Pet Shops

The Pet Shop is probably my favourite Modular to date. What is everyone doing when they "combine" them? Reverse building the townhouse? Reverse building the Pet Shop, but turning it into a café or some other store? Combining the two Pet Shops to double the width (or height) of the original?

I would guess the Parisian Restaurant, just because it was released first, but there have been many exceptions to that logic. I love the Pet Shop though. I would recommend getting a second one and combing them if you have the money. I was lucky enough to find a second Pet Shop for just $10.

I'm certainly jealous of that price you paid, unless it's a typo!

I will certainly get the restaurant first then. The Detectives Office will follow soon after and then I will definitely have to get proper storage!

Re: Combining two Pet Shops

The Pet Shop is probably my favourite Modular to date. What is everyone doing when they "combine" them? Reverse building the townhouse? Reverse building the Pet Shop, but turning it into a café or some other store? Combining the two Pet Shops to double the width (or height) of the original?

I reverse built the apartment and put it next to the original, doors together. For the Pet Shop/Apartment, I built the second story to add to the original, and also built the third story again with quite a few modifications. Because of this I designed a smaller roof, since the third (Fourth and fifth, now) floor is sloped inwards.

I used the extra pieces to make a one-story inverted-corner modular MOC. It's a hot dog restaurant.

I may not be explaining all this very well. Eventually, I'll have to figure out how to post pictures here.

I'm certainly jealous of that price you paid, unless it's a typo!

Not a typo, I was ecstatic to find that price at a thrift store. I got it and the VW Camper for $20 together.

Not a typo, I was ecstatic to find that price at a thrift store. I got it and the VW Camper for $20 together.

Where is this magical place? I want to visit it every day for the rest of my life

75827 LEGO Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters in January 2016 to replace the annual modular building.

Modular Building in April will replace the D2C The Simpsons set from the last two years - it doesn't look like we'll get another The Simpsons set in 2016.

In July we'll get a new LEGO Creator Expert 'iconic' car.

Firehouse isn't 'replacing' the modular; the latter will still be released and will serve as a place to save your money. Next landmark model is also being released, but without wanting to spoil another surprise, just imagine you can fly...

There is no vehicle being released in July. VW has reentered production (sporting new box, artwork and Creator branding), Mini and F40 will also continue.

nesquik, I have waited for your input, kind sir :)

Firehouse isn't 'replacing' the modular; the latter will still be released and will serve as a place to save your money.

A Bank it is? :>

Next landmark model is also being released, but without wanting to spoil another surprise, just imagine you can fly...

Can you spoil it just a little bit? :>

Firehouse isn't 'replacing' the modular; the latter will still be released and will serve as a place to save your money. Next landmark model is also being released, but without wanting to spoil another surprise, just imagine you can fly...

There is no vehicle being released in July. VW has reentered production (sporting new box, artwork and Creator branding), Mini and F40 will also continue.

Hopefully, it is the long awaited bank, and a corner building at that. Be prepared for a breakaway wall w/ a bank robber possessing the same smile as everyone else.

As for the new landmark, if "You can fly" as the clue, my guess is going to be Big Ben. Peter Pan flew past this famous landmark on his way to Neverland as the song by the same name was being played. If this is true, I might just have to get that one.

As for the new landmark, if "You can fly" as the clue, my guess is going to be Big Ben. Peter Pan flew past this famous landmark on his way to Neverland as the song by the same name was being played. If this is true, I might just have to get that one.

Thanks for this analysis :)

Go ahead and spoil it, not sure anyone cares if you do, but if it is Big Ben, that is cool, and yes I know Ben is just the clock, mind not going well to remember the name of the building. Too early here right now for brain to work. so here is what I am gathering:

Jan 1 Ghostbusters HQ

April 1 New Modular (Rumors on what it is still)

New creator build...going to guess July or August 1

Anything else?

Go ahead and spoil it, not sure anyone cares if you do, but if it is Big Ben, that is cool, and yes I know Ben is just the clock, mind not going well to remember the name of the building. Too early here right now for brain to work. so here is what I am gathering:

Jan 1 Ghostbusters HQ

April 1 New Modular (Rumors on what it is still)

New creator build...going to guess July or August 1

Anything else?

Oddly enough, the name is actually given to the bell inside the clock tower. I think it is actually called St. Stephens's Tower or something like that. If this is true, and they are going to make a Disney minifig series, I might have to start feeling those blind bags for the Peter Pan. It does look like a good lineup. Ghostbusters might be too rich for my blood at $350, but the new modular and maybe the landmark could be promising.

Hope the new modular uses some rare colours. Not grey, please.

It would also be nice to get a corner building that does NOT use the 1x2x4 arch in tan... :classic:

It would also be nice to get a corner building that does NOT use the 1x2x4 arch in tan... :classic:

Holy. I just googled it. You devil. That piece comes in all the corner modulars since Cafe Corner. What is this magic?! :O

Are we talking about landmarks as in the Sydney Opera House and Tower Bridge sets?

Yup.