LEGO should produce another amount of this set. Yes, it can be less exlusive with standart box and another rims, colors and decoration. We should vote "what consumer need: exclusive box with exclusive colors or the model itself no matter what is the color!?"

Do we need voting thread?

I concur!

For me a regular box, with regular rims would be great. At least produce more Dark Blue.....please! I was about to start a new thread to vote for more Dark Blue parts. Maybe it can be combined.

Please use Dark Blue in more future sets. It just looks so awesome!

Edited by Gekke Ted

I know it is against CUUSOO rules and LEGO Technic challenge 2012, but this is the only way to make fans satsfied.

LEGO should produce another amount of this set. Yes, it can be less exlusive with standart box and another rims, colors and decoration. We should vote "what consumer need: exclusive box with exclusive colors or the model itself no matter what is the color!?"

May be someone cant agree with me: exclusive set have to be exclusive! But it was sold out too fast and prices at the second market are ridiculous. Technic team - you designed too nice set, so the demand is much higher than supply, and there is no way to fight with resellers.

May be this tread is my mistake. Voting shows it. Hope TLG will listen its customers.

Do we need voting thread?

LEGO-CUUSOO-Logo.jpg

I think that it would be great to have another model with the same dark blue. In my opinion, a dark blue truck would be really nice.

I think that it would be great to have another model with the same dark blue. In my opinion, a dark blue truck would be really nice.

I guess the general opinion about Dark Blue is pretty clear!

Maybe you can put some weight in the scale RM8 and start the new topic with vote!

Maybe you can put some weight in the scale RM8 and start the new topic with vote!

Yes, I agree.

I dont think I can make vote thread. How many posts should I have to have such rights?

May be 20 000 limit was TLG's insurance from bad sales of bad winner's set?

Edited by rm8

I dont think I can make vote thread. How many posts should I have to have such rights?

You created one of the best models ever....you should be uberadmin :laugh:

Maybe just start a new thread about "Unlimited Edition 41999 and Dark Blue"

Well this is the same story with all exclusive and limited edition items in the world. Exlusives and limited edition are sold out very quick and should stay exlusive and limited, IMO.

I doubt that non-exclusive sets will be sold that much and that good as exclusive one.

Well this is the same story with all exclusive and limited edition items in the world. Exlusives and limited edition are sold out very quick and should stay exlusive and limited, IMO.

I doubt that non-exclusive sets will be sold that much and that good as exclusive one.

If LEGO will not say about quantity of extra sets - there will be no mad reseller's activity at first sales days. They can produce it one year and then stop production without any announcements.

If LEGO will not say about quantity of extra sets - there will be no mad reseller's activity at first sales days. They can produce it one year and then stop production without any announcements.

What about producing one of the other finalists creation? There were some really nice creations.

What about producing one of the other finalists creation? There were some really nice creations.

Of course, in Dark Blue!

If TLG would produce more Dark Blue and Silver parts, the exclusive/non-exclusive discussion would be mostly over as well. Okay, you don't have the rims, but that's why the set was exclusive.

I don't think that's feasible.

Although I agree on the Dark Blue comment :laugh:

Edited by Gekke Ted

If TLG would produce more Dark Blue and Silver parts, the exclusive/non-exclusive discussion would be mostly over as well. Okay, you don't have the rims, but that's why the set was exclusive.

I don't think that's feasible.

Although I agree on the Dark Blue comment :laugh:

I have the exclusive rims, I was in the 10 finalists.

Of course, in Dark Blue!

No chance.

At least produce more Dark Blue.....please! I was about to start a new thread to vote for more Dark Blue parts. Maybe it can be combined.

Please use Dark Blue in more future sets. It just looks so awesome!

It would also lessen the value of resellers' 41999 somewhat. :grin:

No chance.

What about just waiting for the next contest? They could produce another set with dark blue and any other color. Anyway, even I don't believe that. :sceptic:

In my opinion we should just try very hard to get TLG to produce more Dark Blue parts. Not only the parts used in the 41999 but in new models as well.

That way the 41999 remains exclusive (rims, silver parts, box).

People who didn't get the 41999 can still make a model with Dark Blue parts, which will come close to the original model.

And we can use Dark Blue in future models.

Win-win-win if you ask me.

This is strange...

You can actually order the 5 x 11 blue panels(about $2 each) from Lego, but every other blue and silver part from the 41999 is not allowed to be sold because they are "Licensed" The wheels were also "Licensed"

Yes, the service rep used the word "Licensed" they said the same thing before about the orange parts from the Unimog, that they were "Licensed" orange parts... I kind of understand that because of the Mercedes name(even though they were the same orange color that has always existed)

Wonder why the panels are allowed to be sold though..?

This is strange...

You can actually order the 5 x 11 blue panels(about $2 each) from Lego, but every other blue and silver part from the 41999 is not allowed to be sold because they are "Licensed" The wheels were also "Licensed"

Yes, the service rep used the word "Licensed" they said the same thing before about the orange parts from the Unimog, that they were "Licensed" orange parts... I kind of understand that because of the Mercedes name(even though they were the same orange color that has always existed)

Wonder why the panels are allowed to be sold though..?

I have tried to order the panels. I got an email stating that unfortunately it was not possible to order these parts since it's a licensed set.

Not sure I tried the 5 x 11 panels, but I did order the other panels and rims.

Edit: where you actually able to order the panels to the phase that they have been sent to you? Or do you need to call a sales rep.?

Never mind; I didn't read your post well enough. So you were able to order the blue 5 x 11 panels. Strange indeed.

Edited by Gekke Ted

I'm all for a non-exclusive 41999. The coloring on rims and other special stuff seems really fragile if i understand correctly. That is fine for a display model but if the model is to be parted out and the pieces left to rub against other pieces the silver on the liftarms and the white on the rims might not be there very long. Since those parts have regular counterparts it would be easy to use those in a non-exclusive set with otherwise identical pieces. If this set is made as ordinary the blue parts which i believe many want will be more regular and that too will put a lower price on BL-sets. But it must be around until some time next year or not show it right away because my Lego budget is all used up at the moment.

I have tried to order the panels. I got an email stating that unfortunately it was not possible to order these parts since it's a licensed set.

Not sure I tried the 5 x 11 panels, but I did order the other panels and rims.

Edit: where you actually able to order the panels to the phase that they have been sent to you? Or do you need to call a sales rep.?

Never mind; I didn't read your post well enough. So you were able to order the blue 5 x 11 panels. Strange indeed.

Yes, my wife ordered a few... She originally just called them to order the wheels, but asked about a few other parts and was told "No" about all of them exceot the 5 x 11 panels.. I talked to a fellow from the U.K. who said that he did in fact order the wheels and they were rather inexpensive...

I have no clue what is going on..

I still think Lego should release part packs so that everyone who wants to upgrade their crawler can do so or they would more than likely go out and buy a second 9398 crawler.. Sound like a win for everyone...

Edited by Paul Boratko

Did you use the pick a brick to get just the parts or did you call in? If they are around $2 i need to get a few for Moc's :)

Did you use the pick a brick to get just the parts or did you call in? If they are around $2 i need to get a few for Moc's :)

the Blue 5x11 panels is not showing on the bricks and pieces selection..atleast for the swiss site

I still think Lego should release part packs so that everyone who wants to upgrade their crawler can do so or they would more than likely go out and buy a second 9398 crawler.. Sound like a win for everyone...

I think that would mess the "exclusiveness" of this set and would depreciate the effort people put in getting it - e.g myself. I have stayed up till late night hours on 31st of July, I almost killed my F5 (refresh) key, then I had to struggle with customer support in order to get the info If I will get the set in the end or not. And that would be only for the box? Sorry, I don't think I like this idea. If 41999 was announced to be "limited and exclusive" (in terms of parts etc.) then I think it should stay this way. But that's just me... :look:

the Blue 5x11 panels is not showing on the bricks and pieces selection..atleast for the swiss site

Hmmm that's why I didn't try to order these panels. There aren't in my list either.

@rm8:

Egor, I was just wondering... while you were discussing your "future" BOSS with TLG after wining the competition... HOW did the number "20000" copies COME UP?

I mean why exactly 20000, why not 25000 or 15000 or 10000? Did they explain their logic behind this number?