It wouldn't be bad if there was a thread where each builder maintained an index post of his/her builds similar to the freebuild thread, but without limitation to a certain time. Any collabs among those could be indexed by linking to the other participants builds as well. It would be a lot of links but if each builder was responsible for the own index it would not be too much work for anyone.

It wouldn't be bad if there was a thread where each builder maintained an index post of his/her builds similar to the freebuild thread, but without limitation to a certain time. Any collabs among those could be indexed by linking to the other participants builds as well. It would be a lot of links but if each builder was responsible for the own index it would not be too much work for anyone.

I was indeed thinking of something like that

I think this is a good idea. Many sagas keep a list at the beginning of each episode for all previous ones, so putting up a list is little work. In my opinion, it's important for the readers that there is a clear starting point and that you can click your way through, as opposed to having to go back to the list in the saga thread after every episode.

Maybe it would be nice then to have a place dedicated to the discussion of the different sagas, especially for completed ones or older episodes of ongoing ones, because commenting on those can be inconvenient, and also because discussion can stimulate people to continue reading/writing.

The point of the free build topic is to get a listing of all the free builds for that quarter to make it easy to index and do point calculations.

The intent was to have everyone post their builds in one post for each quarter thread, in the same format, so that they could be easily indexed.

Like this.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=66397

What has happened is that these index posts only reflect a portion of the builds, and they are scattered among multiple posts. I was initially keeping track of every new free build for Avalonia, but then people stopped posting in the main thread, and I have not been able to keep up with them. If the quarterly threads were organized, it would be relatively easy to update a MOC index. As it stands now, I just have not had the time to tackle this.

The point of the free build topic is to get a listing of all the free builds for that quarter to make it easy to index and do point calculations.

The intent was to have everyone post their builds in one post for each quarter thread, in the same format, so that they could be easily indexed.

Like this.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=66397

What has happened is that these index posts only reflect a portion of the builds, and they are scattered among multiple posts. I was initially keeping track of every new free build for Avalonia, but then people stopped posting in the main thread, and I have not been able to keep up with them. If the quarterly threads were organized, it would be relatively easy to update a MOC index. As it stands now, I just have not had the time to tackle this.

So, from now on we need to:

-post all things in the Freebuild thread in 1 post

-post always a link in the Avalonian guild thread

So, from now on we need to:

-post all things in the Freebuild thread in 1 post

-post always a link in the Avalonian guild thread

And that should go for all builds, for all guilds (in their respective threads) and also for challenge builds (although they won't get freebuild points, if such are even handed out?). Maybe the quarterly thread should be "build registration" instead...?

And that should go for all builds, for all guilds (in their respective threads) and also for challenge builds (although they won't get freebuild points, if such are even handed out?). Maybe the quarterly thread should be "build registration" instead...?

Then we should also state wether IT is a FB or a challenge entry, so something like this:

The Aestwäld Saga | TitusV | Avalonia | Freebuild

Then we should also state wether IT is a FB or a challenge entry, so something like this:

The Aestwäld Saga | TitusV | Avalonia | Freebuild

I've put [Freebuild] at the start of my freebuilds, but this would definitely be better for index purposes.

Well technically, we could still award the points for the free build thread, that wouldn't be hard, just time consuming. We are going to have to figure out who won Book II somehow! haha.

Oh man, GoH has become so big that I've completely lost track of what's going on. I also feel like I'm not worthy of posting here anymore with the quality of builds exploding likewise ...

Oh man, GoH has become so big that I've completely lost track of what's going on. I also feel like I'm not worthy of posting here anymore with the quality of builds exploding likewise ...

Your builds still fit in perfectly, and what would Mitgardia be without Steen Larsson?!

You? Not worthy? You're the Master (capitalized) man! You've learnt me how to build! Thorshaven is my greatest example, please continue building!

Not at all! - just look at your tags, GOH is still your home! :wink::classic:

Don't you dare leave o great Geography Master! As an aside, I actually spent a long time perusing your builds looking at rock work recently, so I could get some ideas for building stacks and arches for an article on stack formation!

All of the comments above show not how big, but how great the GoH community is (has remained)! :wink: True, GoH has high building standards, but that's due to all of us, you too, Kabel!

As I wrote this, I come to think of what someone proposed months ago: a promotional poster. I'd like to give it a go, but there are a lot of other things on my mind as well.

All of the comments above show not how big, but how great the GoH community is (has remained)! :wink: True, GoH has high building standards, but that's due to all of us, you too, Kabel!

As I wrote this, I come to think of what someone proposed months ago: a promotional poster. I'd like to give it a go, but there are a lot of other things on my mind as well.

This is true. I'd love to see a promotional poster, especially if we could print them, and hang them on our walls.

Im in for the idea! If I can find any time I can make a concept to see if people like it, I've got the tools.

I really like the idea! Great you want to do it, dathil!

Only question is wich MOCs we'll put on IT. I propose 1 MOC per guild, and the following:

-Mitgardia: Nordheim Keep, SK6

-Kaliphlin: Barqa, Gideon

-Nocturnus: The Black Spire, ZC

-Avalonia: Durnovaria, DC

I really like the idea! Great you want to do it, dathil!

Only question is wich MOCs we'll put on IT. I propose 1 MOC per guild, and the following:

-Mitgardia: Nordheim Keep, SK6

-Kaliphlin: Barqa, Gideon

-Nocturnus: The Black Spire, ZC

-Avalonia: Durnovaria, DC

I think we should put multiple mocs/sigfigs on there, to get a more complete sense of what each guild is like. Easier said then done of course, but nobody said it would be an simple task :grin:

Are custom parts, such as BrickWarriors weapons, Arealight Custom curved torsos, and so forth permitted? Maybe I'm just oblivious, but I can't find any rules about that.

Edited by VK-318

Are custom parts, such as BrickWarriors weapons, Arealight Custom curved torsos, and so forth permitted? Maybe I'm just oblivious, but I can't find any rules about that.

They are permitted, even if some (including me) don't really like custom parts. Other than that, they're completely legal. :wink:

They are permitted, even if some (including me) don't really like custom parts. Other than that, they're completely legal. :wink:

Agreed.

They may be restricted in some Challenges or contests, but otherwise they are fine.

There have a been a couple posts about this already in the Avalonian and Kaliphlin threads, but I wanted to let the GoH community know that there's a group of us Castle builders (including several GoH guys) hosting a Castle contest on flickr. Check out all the categories, rules, and great prizes, here: link

And here's a joust build I whipped up to serve as the announcement poster:

26646384612_133e762a9f.jpg

Guilds of Historica builds are more than welcome, as long as they haven't been posted online or shown publicly before May 1st 2016.

Edited by soccerkid6

Great! I will be joining for sure, my focus will be there coming months for I have plenty of time, cause I just finished my last build (and quitted my studies :S )