WhiteFang

REVIEW: 71001 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Series 10?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Right now, what is the best released LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series so far?

4. 4. Do you think Series 10 is a huge improvement compared with other series?

5. 5. Do you like the distribution allocation number based on the designs for Series 10?

• 1 - Yes, I love it
    • 2 - Neutral and it made no difference to me
    • 3 - No, I hate it

I have only one relatively small problem with the distibution ratios of the minifigures: It is that there should be 2 less Skydivers than there are there right now, for a grand total of 4 of them, instead of 6 of them, per box (it being based on a box of 60 collectable minifigures), and there should be 2 more Revoultionary Soldiers than there are there right now, for a grand total of 6 of them, instead of 4 of them, per box (it being based on a box of 60 collectable minifigures). :hmpf_bad::wink:

Is this a fact?

If yes that could be the first time TLG changes the number of occurrences per box, it could be a big new to the trend.

Agree 100% with your data analysis. Good figures, absolutely AWFUL distribution numbers. Roman Commander is the only fig in this set that needs to be a six of.

If I find a Mister Gold, I will finally have some chrome gold arms for my Haldir.

Edited by Wardancer

While "worst" is subjective, it happened in season 9 with the damn cop.

Hey I bought a box and was very happy that it had six cops in it. It was perfect to fill out my police force with. These cop figs are better than any other Lego cops they have made yet. The only ones that come close are the state troopers but they don't fit in with trying to build a Lego city. I do agree this time around the distribution is bad. Why do we need six mechanics or skydivers?

Is this a fact?

If yes that could be the first time TLG changes the number of occurrences per box, it could be a big new to the trend.

He was stating his opinion there. :wink:

Great review!! Like others have said, I agree that they probably made too many skydivers. I'm definitely getting him as he is one of my faves in this wave, but he's not worth having 6 in a box.

I always look forward to reading WhiteFang's reviews and this was no different. I love it when you review the CMF series.

Wow. Yet again, we have two of one minifigure in a box. Only that is multiplied by six.

I still need the Forest Maiden from series nine. Because I use the feel method for every series to get all of then, I may or may not be able to get the six that have two per box.

I wish they would make just a few more than two in each box. But that is marketing and how they make money and it is still fun to get them all. :P

Great review WhiteFang. :thumbup:

Hard to believe we have had 10 series of amazing figs released. The picture showing all the CM released to date, is very impressive. This series has some great figs to collect, I love all the historical figs and city figs.

"Mr. Gold" is an interesting concept, and I am curious if he and his cane are indeed chrome gold.

In the Minifig Encyclopedia it is stated to be chrome. The staff is debatable, as it has only been seen on the back of the pamphlet and Mr. Gold popping out of the bag on the back of same pamphlet holds no cane, while the large image does. Confusing, though the cane (if confirmed) and the hat will make Goldy an easy find.

[...] the cane (if confirmed) and the hat will make Goldy an easy find.

My prediction is still that Mr. Gold will not be physically present in a CMF bag, but rather available via redemption of some kind. Otherwise it will be too easy to find Mr. Gold, and surely those with direct access to the boxes will get their hands on him first, with little opportunity for the regular guy or kid to get one.

the hat will make Goldy an easy find.

Mr. Gold won't be an easy find anyway ;) But I know what you mean

My prediction is still that Mr. Gold will not be physically present in a CMF bag.

Mr. Gold's bio on the lego site confirms this, namely that "he may be discovered in all sorts of unexpected places, but he never seems to turn up exactly when and where you’re looking for him".

Edited by Yooha

The big question I have regarding Mr. Gold is this: Is TLG slipping the reported 5000 of him into random boxes or is he taking the place of one of the other figures in a given box? In other words if a new box has 61 packets (or 31 if the smaller packaging option is true) that's probably a good indicator that Mr. Gold is lurking there. However, if he replaces one of the other 60, which regular MF will get shorted in said box? One with a distro of 2 or one with a distro of 6? For me, I won't actively seek it out, but if there's one in the box I buy, I'll be okay with it.

--Mr Bill

I highly doubt that there will be a redemption code, the quote just refers to his rarity. Interesting point, Mr Bill! I never thought about that. I would recommend the S10 discussion thread for these matters.

Thanks for the review. I thoroughly enjoy reading these reviews. I can't wait to pick up most of these figures. This may be my favorite series yet (granted I say that with each new series). I love the Roman, the Revolutionary soldier and the Amazon warrior. I will definitely be buying multiples of them and probably a few of the tomahawk warrior too. I'll end up getting one of most of the rest, save the skydiver and paintballer.

I'm excited to finally get a baseball glove LEGO style!

I would love to find a Mr. Gold, and not because of the rarity. I actually hate that it is rare because his coloring and design makes him one of my favorite figures! I doubt I'll ever find one for a decent price.

Its a great review white fang

I hope the series 11 does'nt come too soon because in Mexico we are still with series 7

lol

Good point Yooha, maybe Mr. Gold maybe in the most unexpected places such as in another theme (maybe you can find him in a Lone Ranger set!!!?)

If I get Mr. Gold by any method. I plan to keep him and prize him. I am not a person to sell things I like, anyway. The chrome factor bugs me, because without it I would be able to pass on Mr. Gold! Of course, if I get him, it will be the most special if I find him myself.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Thanks for another fantastic review WhiteFang!

I have mixed feelings about this series. I still think the best minifigs we got were from Series 6, with 2, 7, 8, and 9 being some of the best ones as well. There's a few really nice ones like the Revolutinary soldier and sailor, but also a few generic ones like the painter and the librarian. I'm also not a fan of the new hairpiece for the grandpa. Bald minifigures will always be ones with studs on their heads, to me at least. :sweet:

I just have one question: what is the toy soldier minifig that you were referring to when you said that the total count was 160, not including Mr. Gold and the toy solider?

The Toy Soldier is a figure that comes with the 2013 Collectible Minifigure Encyclopedia.

Thanks for the review, WhiteFang! This is one of my favorite series, but Series 9 is my top favorite.

Some of you may not know this, but most of the men in the 13 Colonies were farmers, and they took place in the war with one of the biggest numbers of casualties (about 750,000), aside from World War ll. Now that was a disaster.

Some of you may not know this, but most of the men in the 13 Colonies were farmers, and they took place in the war with one of the biggest numbers of casualties (about 750,000), aside from World War ll. Now that was a disaster.

That's some exaggeration there... take away one zero and you'll get closer to the total number of casualties in that war. Remember that the total population of the colonies at the time of the revolution was less then 3 millions. Maybe you are thinking about the american civil war which is often estimated to have had over 700 000 casualties in total.

That's some exaggeration there... take away one zero and you'll get closer to the total number of casualties in that war. Remember that the total population of the colonies at the time of the revolution was less then 3 millions. Maybe you are thinking about the american civil war which is often estimated to have had over 700 000 casualties in total.

Yup, whoops, I was thinking about the Civil War. Awwkwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrdd!

Best review as always. I have read all of your series reviews! I love your pictures and how you relate the minifigs from each series to each other. Can't wait for series 10 to be available here. Thanks again for your great reviews and hard work.

Great review, WhiteFang! Lovely pictures and very informative all round. I didn't know, for example, that the Medusa had double-sided head printing. I'm glad she does.

I don't think it has been mentioned thus far, but a natural pairing for a picture would be the Decorator and the Plumber.

Also, I don't think that the Warrior Woman sits particularly well with the Aztec Warrior. The reference to her as an Amazonian has nothing to do with the Amazon River or region of South America. The name Amazon was the appellation given by the ancient Greeks to a fabled tribe of all-female soldiers. The New World was unknown to the Europeans of antiquity.

Returning to the S10 minifigures, as a collector of fantasy minifigs, I'm thrilled that TLG is producing such a cool-looking Medusa, but disappointed that there are only two per box.