michaelozzie

MOC: Upgraded Engine shed

gallery_8966_241_3924.png gallery_8966_235_3881.png

I decided to remodel my Engine shed making it longer and adding an office area on the side and a toilet out the back. I used a couple of Faller HO train shed models as inspiration.

8551310097_6e8855b519.jpg

009 by michaelozzie1, on Flickr

8551307227_189d888faa.jpg

012 by michaelozzie1, on Flickr

The extra length inside allows for my NMBS class 77 locos to fit inside easily.

8552406466_f2de8da9e9.jpg

015 by michaelozzie1, on Flickr

The all important facilities for the workers out the back.

8552408988_edd9ac7608.jpg

013 by michaelozzie1, on Flickr

That looks fantastic! The original was impressive, but the office and facilities are great additions.

Do you have plans to extend it further?

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Very very nice. The brick bricks look really good. I love the new additions and all the exquisite details.

Only problem is that I'm building a two road loco shed myself at the moment and after seeing your beautiful loco shed I feel like putting my one in the bin :blush:

That looks fantastic! The original was impressive, but the office and facilities are great additions.

Do you have plans to extend it further?

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Thanks for the comments guys. Yes I am expanding it as there is other sections such as a diesel fueling station, signal box, factory complex and houses etc, all a massive WIP that is unfortunatley coming together slowly as I have precious little time to work on it lately.

I thought the first one was good but this is even better. I do like the old fashion toilet, looks like a hideout for many a spider to catch the unwary toiletier! All the details are great, the trees, the doors, the spare wheels, how often have I past empty sidings apart from having a couple of axles and wheels in them? Why do they get left there I wonder, but they so often do?

Its things like this that make me want a purpose made layout area, that way I could add this sort of detail (not a nice I am sure), what the approx number of the brick bricks used?

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.

Its things like this that make me want a purpose made layout area, that way I could add this sort of detail (not a nice I am sure), what the approx number of the brick bricks used?

Its got just over 900 of the brick bricks in it. Ive been spending all my money on bricklink orders lately and have not been buying sets :cry_sad:

Its got just over 900 of the brick bricks in it. Ive been spending all my money on bricklink orders lately and have not been buying sets :cry_sad:

900?!? Holy mercaptans! So I guess that means I won't make a train shed out of those bricks :tongue:.

900?!? Holy mercaptans! So I guess that means I won't make a train shed out of those bricks :tongue:.

It's actually quite scary as to how many bricks a two road engine shed will absorb. I'm building one at the moment and have already had to order in more bricks because I'd under estimated just how many I would need.

Really nice work, full of detailes :thumbup: :thumbup:

AMAZING! Your MOC is fantastic! Great job!!!! I love it!

It is reallistic, really detailled, the place around is well aranged with grass, sand and trees.

900 is a lot that's the sort if number I was thinking, worth it though looks very good