Rishab N

Are you satisfied with the 2013 sets?

I've just seen 42008 and 42009. I feel a purchase coming on. It's a while since I bought a large model and both are the type of model I like. However I'd buy 8258 if I could get my hands on it. Hopefully i'm at the lego shop in a week or two.

H

The 'small' sets don't really appeal to me but I'm really looking forward to 42008 Service Truck and 42009 Mobile Crane Mk II. Since I just built 8043 Motorized Excavator, I'm on the fence about 42006 Excavator. 42000 Grand Prix Racer looks pretty neat but I don't have enough information to make an informed decision.

2013 looks to be a really good year with the most sets since 2000.

Cheers from Claremore, Oklahoma USA! :classic:

Dave

I plan to be buying most of the 2013 sets so I am pretty pleased. I have skipped on a few sets the past 2 years like the white bucket truck/green tractor and the smaller stuff like the tiny orange unimog. but for the most part I pick up the bigger sets :) I think my most anticipated is the green service truck.

My biggest problem is going to be finding a place for everything! My shelf that I have my technic on is full, and I even another shelf above my bed and it is already full. I do get weird looks sometimes when people go into my bedroom and see lego all over the place.

I've just seen 42008 and 42009. I feel a purchase coming on. It's a while since I bought a large model and both are the type of model I like. However I'd buy 8258 if I could get my hands on it. Hopefully i'm at the lego shop in a week or two.

H

Try to get 8258, it's very nice and better than 42009 in my opinion.

H

For me I will surely buy 42008 and 42009.

The 8258 is readily available at our local toy shop but it cost around US$275.00. Too stiff in my opinion

My biggest problem is going to be finding a place for everything! My shelf that I have my technic on is full, and I even another shelf above my bed and it is already full. I do get weird looks sometimes when people go into my bedroom and see lego all over the place.

You could do what I do and just not let any one into the room,I bet My room is messier than yours. :blush:

You could do what I do and just not let any one into the room,I bet My room is messier than yours. :blush:

It probably is but maybe I want to let people into my room it just isn't something you normally see in someones house or bedroom. I have a building table in my rec room area but with my rehab equipment I don't have much space for shelves anywhere but my room. It is just getting really crowded :-p even with the 2-3 sets I have taken apart to try build mocs I don't have room for everything I want!

I'll probably end up buying 42000, 42008 and 42009. Going to be another expensive year :-)

Since I just built 8043 Motorized Excavator, I'm on the fence about 42006 Excavator.

If you already have 8043 (and doubtless some other sets as well), you might consider building 42006 using the online instructions. You only need to order some missing parts (such as the claws) on bricklick. That's what I'm going to do.

Try to get 8258, it's very nice and better than 42009 in my opinion.

Shouldn't you reserve judgement until you have built 42009 and toyed around with it? Seems a bit rash to judge it purely based on some pictures.

I,ll end up buying atleast two of the 42009's, maybe a 3rd for future sale after its been retired for a few years. I see a lot of good parts, not that I don't have enough now, LOL. I gotta be getting close to 40,000 pieces n parts by now. This year is gonna be an expensive one for sure, LOL.

Dan

I'm satisfied.

I have a 42006 and this is a very nice set. I will buy the 42009 when will available, I love it. :classic:

Okay, first of all i presume we are here quite mature people ( quite ironic i guess ), so we need to get one thing out of the way: "its impossible to make a PERFECT line of sets for one year" there are so many opinions and different tastes. The only way we can judge the "sets of this year" on the bases if it is a BALANCED.

So i personally think it is quite nicely balanced year. That does not mean i like every single set out this year. It means that No one got left behind. Everyone gets something nice this year.

The car freaks like me got lovely F1 car and some what small, but still nice monster truck. Yes, some people got shafted on price with F1 car and Monster truck might have been bigger, more complex set, but those 2 sets are still nice!

Heave machinery fans must be drooling all over the 2013 sets. They got a massive crane and a fantastic Claw excavator. I am not a heavy machinery fan, but i got myself 42006 and i find it fantastic set!

Truck lovers get a nice Recovery truck. I personally love it. Great looking truck with PF/actuators/pneumatics. What a cool set! I personally cant wait to put my hands on it!

I guess the only people who got left out this year - Plane/Helicopter lovers.

The formula is still not enough for car lovers, when a complex 8448, nice as 8145 and pioneer as 8880...?, I'll keep waiting luckily I like the heavy machinery :laugh: .

The formula is still not enough for car lovers, when a complex 8448, nice as 8145 and pioneer as 8880...?, I'll keep waiting luckily I like the heavy machinery :laugh: .

Honestly I really did not liked F1 when I first sow it. I am not F1 fan so those machines don't make me very excited. Though it grew on me so good! Funny enough I built in few hours ago today. Its really really cool set. The suspension is just so interesting. Its first time I see this setup in action, dunno if I will be able to use that setup in mocs, but it is still very impressive.

Its a shame we did not had something like super car this year, but F1 makes me happy! :sweet:

2013 is a GOOD year for Lego Technic. Already bought 42006 and love it, and i plan to buy 42009 too. 42008 is ok, but not for me, i really don't like green things :(.

Honestly I really did not liked F1 when I first sow it. I am not F1 fan so those machines don't make me very excited. Though it grew on me so good! Funny enough I built in few hours ago today. Its really really cool set. The suspension is just so interesting. Its first time I see this setup in action, dunno if I will be able to use that setup in mocs, but it is still very impressive.

Its a shame we did not had something like super car this year, but F1 makes me happy! :sweet:

Here the opposite suspension, the pull-rod suspension that ferrari used last year, if you are interested. (Unfinished MOC because the new hubs).

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74743&hl=

42000-OUTSTANDING

42001-Indifferent

42002-Fine

42004-Fine

42005-Meh, don't like it all that much

42006-Fine

42007-Price per piece is awful, but I love the wheels and the new "mini panels"

42008-AWESOME, Love how they did the new green color scheme and pneumatics but I'll pass cause all I want is the green and I need to keep my green

42009-How many crane trucks have they done? 100? Please do something different, but as a parts pack its awesome. I love the rerelease of 8421 as well as the rerelease of the yellow 5x11's

42010-Pretty Cool

42011-Hate the color not the set

If this counts, 31313- Out of this world!

They are going to re-release the 8421?

As far as sets for 1H2013, there are some interesting ones, and some very good ones...

42006 - Great

42004 - Great (main model backhoe, b model sucks) - only thing it needs is larger rear tires like most backhoes have, I added in the balloon tires from either the 8053 or 8273...

42010 - Great - not thrilled w/ the pullback feature, but the look of the model is eye-catching

42011 - Blah

42007 - Great

42002 - haven't bought it, but looks to be an interesting take on Technic models

Can't really comment on the 2H ones, though a fellow EB member and friend of mine discussed the upcoming crane, we both agree it will be a must have. As far as the 42000 - well I'm more into race cars than formula 1 type cars, so not going to buy that one, plus its not even on Lego S@H site yet (odd), and hasn't been available at TRU, both in-store on online as of yet.

I am happy with the 2013 releases. They seem to be a good mix for any new kids entering the Technics market. I am not going to buy everything as I have limited funds.

That's my kind of bedroom. Sounds like you need to install more shelvings. :classic: I'm planning to clear out some books on my bedroom shelves for 2013 sets.

legomeme.jpg

Edited by Lipko

42009-1.jpg

pic2E68ECEA8B16B5A1EC9702527ACBDA4E.gif On the LEGO.com TECHNIC Designers Blog, Markus Kossman was interviewed about the 2H2013 Lego Technic 42009 Mobile Crane MK II:

"April 29, 2013

New Mobile Crane 42009 is the biggest we've ever built!

What did the Technic Team plan to do with the new Mobile Crane?

With 2606 elements, the LEGO Technic Mobile Crane 42009 is the biggest, and most complex model we've built so far.

It took a year to develop, from the first rough sketches, to the final model was approved.

The last crane we built was in 2005 (8421 Mobile Crane). That was a very cool model, too. It had four axles, pneumatic linear actuators, manual outriggers, and it was very open.

Our goal for the 42009 was to make the model even more sturdy, real life-like, and give it all the functions a real mobile crane has.

The new elements and improved functions include:

- Cross-axle with 8 tooth gearwheel without friction

- Five axles, including four-axle steering

- 8-cylinder engine

- Power Functions

- New outriggers controlled by gear box (up, down, in, out)

- Motorized telescopic boom that extends in two stages - and it can lift heavy

loads even when fully extended.

- Seats and opening doors in crane and cockpit

- Large linear actuators

- Smooth surfaces gives it a very life-like look.

How long does it take to build?

I think an experienced LEGO Technic builder will probably be able to build it in 10-12 hours. So lots of building value!

What can you tell us about the B-model?

It's a container stacker, plus a container and a truck. The truck has four-wheel steering, and the container stacker has an extendable boom that can lift the container.

When the grab arm is lowered onto the container and locked, it automatically centers the container into place, and you can lock the container onto the stacker arm.

Not all the elements in the box are used in the B-model, but you actually get three models and that adds really great play value.

We actually check the Gallery, so if you want to show off your Mobile Crane when you're done building, or if you build something else from the box, we would love to see it. So keep building, and go show off in the Gallery."

Great news! Love it when the b model is actually b models (plural)! Was expecting a truck somewhat like Han's five axle dump truck, but this sounds more interesting! Looking forward to the first pics!