raised

MOC: NS 1847 - Mainline Electric of the Dutch Railways

gallery_8966_235_3881.png

The NS 1847 is part of the series 1700-1800, the mainline electrics of the NS, the Dutch Railways. These electrics were based on the French series BB 7200, stylized by the late Paul Arzens. No. 1847 is named after the City of Delft, the city where I used to live for the last couple of years.

The model itself has a lot of fancy techniques, mostly in the front of the train, because of the sheer ammount of angles the prototype has. It is built on top of a Technic frame which supports the whole body.The model is equiped with 2 PF M-motors, one for every bogie, a batterybox and an IR reciever.

It's only my second post here @Train Tech, but I guessed this might be a nice way to introduce myself to the community =)

8417181713_0d4900f5b6_c.jpg

8417178969_1e1f5a4080_c.jpg

8418281318_79d75a7dd2_c.jpg

Flickr Gallery

Prototype

Wiki

Hi raised,

This looks really sleek, and I'm glad to see it finished after watching your flickr updates for so long. Definitely worth the wait.

I really like your bogie detailing, and the vents on the roof.

I really like your bogie detailing, and the vents on the roof.

I agree those two things are really complex and beautiful! :thumbup:

The nose is perfectly made and the whole MOC looks very hard to build! :wub:

Superb work ...thanks for sharing!

What a great Model,

the details on the boogies, the tilt nose, roof and doors are perfect! :wub:

If this is your way to introduce yourself to the community i guess you're very welcome... :wink:

Wow, that's impressive.

I have seen a lot of people making this train in LEGO but none did it as good as you. Especially the front part is spot on. I have never seen that angle so accuately represented. And also the detailing on the bogies is amazing.

It looks fantastic. I know from own trials the front is hard to replicate but you have done a great job - very similar to the prototype.

nice job raised, are you also going to show it at some event in Holland?!

Thanks all you guys for the kind words!

This looks really sleek, and I'm glad to see it finished after watching your flickr updates for so long. Definitely worth the wait.

Haha, yes, it took some time you can say :)

If this is your way to introduce yourself to the community i guess you're very welcome... :wink:

Haha, thanks for that one!

I have never seen that angle so accuately represented. And also the detailing on the bogies is amazing.

I must say the first 4 versions were far from this accurate. Its mostly to thank Lego for the Cheese grater and a clear evening when I realized to use them to tilt other stuff.

Looks rather nice to me, Any goods wagons for it to pull?

I have one, but it's just very lame and not really based on any real prototype, therefore I only use it to check coupling. I'm planning on building an eanos"]Eanos open goods carriage in blue, I already have the parts, but I first wanted to finish this model. Also I would love to built some ICRm"]ICRm coaches for it, but they have a very nasty bend in the middle of the carriage for which I think I know a solution, but it will require a lot of bricks I first have to obtain. Also, I only have half of my Lego collection with me nowadays...

nice job raised, are you also going to show it at some event in Holland?!

When I return in Holland in 2 years maybe... Or when I get a ride from somebody from within to Eastern Bloc to transport me, cause taking it with me by plane is almost impossible :P

Edited by raised

This build is excellent. The grated cheese on the nose is fantastic, I also like the subtle spin you used to get the slopes at the top of the nose to bow out.

That's absolutely amazing. I would have thought that was a prototype that's impossible to build in Lego, but you've done it and done it so well too. Comparing your loco against the prototype photo and seeing how well you've captured the details and proportions is a cure for sore eyes. Brilliant.

This is just a really detailed moc It's just amazing

Hi Pief,

welcome aboard, always nice to see new posters in the train forum. Not to be a bother, but somewhere in the guidelines, the powers that be ask users not to bump an old post to add a simple comment because that pulls the thread to the top of the forum. There is just too much fantastic stuff in the archives that the new topics would get lost. Certainly PM the poster if your comments are minor. Of course if you have something more substantial then it might very well be appropriate to bump an old thread, e.g., "I tried to copy that same technique, but could you explain how you ..." Most of the folks around here are happy to share tips and ideas.