At the first glance, I thought the first picture showed the original car. Very impressive model!

Oh, and thanks for your (Sariel's) website as well - I learned a lot from it, and there's still so much more...

Fantastic like always, I look forward tosee your instructions :grin:

Otherwise, you can try Tipp-ex for withening the tires.

Tibivi

Pardon me for refreshing the topic, but the model has been digitalized, bringing the instruction one large step closer to existence:

305390_10151560740148696_1278106280_n.jpg

That is amazing. To bad I don't have that many red slopes. :(

Bricklink?...... :wink:

What keeps the front wheel fenders from touching the wheels?

@ grohl: I know that you probably cannot say, but if The Lego Group would ever offer a beautiful set (which incorporated Technic and Creator/ Model Team design elements), they would sell A LOT of them.... :classic:

Also, I will be probably releasing free building instruction for this model sometime soon, because I'm an egoistic, self-proclaimed rockstar who wants to have patent on everything.

I also consider you to be one of the best MOCers out there. This model is no exception!

I think its fabulous that you are taking the time to release instructions and if successfull hope it to become a trend. There are certainly some models I would LOVE to have on display!

I .. WILL be building this as well... Chrome Block City will be getting some good business soon!

Wow Sariel. Beautiful model. You may regard this a simple construction (and looking at the bottomphoto I tend to agree with you), but capturing those curves is complexity in itself.

Keep up the good work

And I second the CUUSOO idea. I think it does fit right in the scale/beauty sweetspot for CUUSOO (and we might finally get some proper spoked wheels from TLC :tongue: )

And I second the CUUSOO idea.

While it would be a nice opportunity to press LEGO about the whitewall tires, I have my doubts. There are some outdated parts in it that are difficult to replace (entire exhausts, the small reflectors, the bar on the bonnet), and plenty of chrome. Also, the 8878 battery that could be replaced with the AAA battery box, but not with the common AA one.

Great Model Sariel..!!! I think that I should update your link over at my site with this one.. What do you think..?

If you wish. I appreciate your kind opinions, but it's really a very simple model, it's not like I think it's my crowning achievement :)

While it would be a nice opportunity to press LEGO about the whitewall tires, I have my doubts. There are some outdated parts in it that are difficult to replace (entire exhausts, the small reflectors, the bar on the bonnet), and plenty of chrome. Also, the 8878 battery that could be replaced with the AAA battery box, but not with the common AA one.

I wouldn't let that deter you. The model will go through an extensive review period when it reaches 10000 votes, so the TLC designers will make many, many versions anyway. OTOH it is a licensed product (albeit from a known affiliate), a generic oldsmobile might even stand a bigger chance...

You should charge some money for them. Not a lot, hopefully <$10, but I know that myself and many others would buy them, earning you some money.

You should charge some money for them. Not a lot, hopefully <$10, but I know that myself and many others would buy them, earning you some money.

Yep, I wouldn't mind paying for building instructions of Sariel's excellent models, considering how much work is involved in creating decent instructions. Some other high-profile MOC'ers also allow you to buy instructions.

Edited by jantjeuh

This instruction will certainly be for free, thank you. But since you're so kind, I'll include my Paypal account in it, so you can make a donation if you wish. We'll see about future models.