DoubleT

Lego Star Wars Spring/Summer 07

not trying to be rude here xwingyoda but remember that this set was priced at $50!

thats only like

I love that Republic Cruiser! Having lived through the era where we got this;

7144-1.jpg

as a slave 1, I'm happy to see this version of the Republic Cruiser. It's got a lot of cool detail and maybe it looks a little blocky, but I think overall it looks really great. And look at all of those excellent dark red pieces.

I'm excited about the Republic Cruiser, but that Hoth base is a piece of crap.

Yeah, I think a lot of people were expecting the hoth base would come with so much more than the price could offer. I saw it and was very upset myself because of the the lack of a taun taun. :'-( I think we all were. My first thought is this is just like b-wing at rebal control, except this set should be called snow speeder at echo base. I really think the turret is crappy looking. :-X

However, as stated by many of the other members is the fact we will buy this set. Six great figures, yeah 50 bucks is a high price for battle pack, all figures are wirth getting. The speeder looks good but sad from me I dont really need anymore. When the last snowspeeder version was out I got 8 of them at K mart for around 55 dollar on clearance/damage box special. *sweet*

I wonder if the price of snowtroopers will drop on BL? I hope with the success of the battle packs Lego will offer more.

The cruiser is not so cool to me, never was. I will get one though just like the ISD. Green astromech... *wub*

It is odd to me that the the last 3 sets in SW dont look so great, SI, Hoth base, and the RC. Ill have to get them first before passing final judgement. I did not think the grievous starfighter was that cool, but now I have one and really like it. The MTT is the highlight of this years sets. Lets all hope at the AT-AT supercedes I thoughts for it.

You know that Simpsons Episode that makes fun of Episode One? Comic Book guy says something along the lines of

"Worst Cosmic Wars ever! I will only see it three more times...today!"

That reminds me of us. Well, at least me.

"That Rebel Base is a piece of crap. I'll only buy one...maybe two. I'll need at least two snowspeeders to attack the AT-AT in my Hoth diorama."

I can't believe this thread is 87 pages long. I love the Republic Cruiser!

Sorry to ramble, this is what happens when I have a sugary cereal.

I love that Republic Cruiser! Having lived through the era where we got this;

7144-1.jpg

as a slave 1, I'm happy to see this version of the Republic Cruiser. It's got a lot of cool detail and maybe it looks a little blocky, but I think overall it looks really great. And look at all of those excellent dark red pieces.

I'm excited about the Republic Cruiser, but that Hoth base is a piece of crap.

Totally! I still have that set!

Yeah, the RC looks pretty good to me. It's unfortunate that they had to use those large cylinder pieces, but I like it even so.

You know that Simpsons Episode that makes fun of Episode One? Comic Book guy says something along the lines of

"Worst Cosmic Wars ever! I will only see it three more times...today!"

That reminds me of us. Well, at least me.

"That Rebel Base is a piece of crap. I'll only buy one...maybe two. I'll need at least two snowspeeders to attack the AT-AT in my Hoth diorama."

I can't believe this thread is 87 pages long. I love the Republic Cruiser!

Sorry to ramble, this is what happens when I have a sugary cereal.

I agree. See, the set in unimpressive, but the minifig count it good. This year is an Army Builder year.

Still... NO WAMPAS?!

I am sorry, but there were like 110 chances to make hoth in a NICE way.

this set totally sucks. I am collecting OT LSW since the very beginning, and as I am a big fan of ESB and Hoth I was all those years hoping for something nice. If I found this on bricklink as an moc I wouldn't even take a closer look at it.

TLC made better and better things - AT-AT, the redesigned X-, Y-, B- Wing, Snowspeeder and AT-ST,

last year the Sailbarge!! which was masssssiv.. the UCS MF this year!!

and now this???

sorry..

no Tauntauns??? no Snow-Luke??? no nice Turret??? no new Rebels??? only 2 Snowies????

no computer room??? not the whatshisname admiral??? no Wampa?????

and then 65 EUROS????

sorry......

Wow, the Hoth Base looks weak! Its definitely the last item on my wish list. The Republican Cruiser looks OK, it comes with some nice mini-figs. I'll get the cruiser if I can afford it after buying the Castle, HP and the other SW sets. With over 900 pieces its going to be pretty expensive.

Whoa, no one seems to like the HB that much. I personally think it's cool for the price and I think the picture doesn't contain all of the set. Also, someone mentioned earlier that the white K-3Po droid was supposed to be in the set, and the set shown doesn't look like it has 500 some pieces (to me that is).

So maybe part of the base isn't being shown? Maybe that tripy control room from the movie, along with K-3P0) and maybe a weapon's rack or something is not being shown.

I'm just being hopeful though...and that Republic ship looks sweet! I hope it can hold all the figs and have a great interior!

Hope on!

Well a white 3-PO...

Sounds awesome!

Why not make a special one of it in... *drums* chrome!

And only release it in *more stupid drums* Greenland!

There you got a scoop TLC!!

All free... it

Earlier this year when we had the first pic of the Potter Castle, it only showed some, so one can hope...

He he maybe they will release it on Galapagos Ras he he

That rebublic Cruiser is awesome! Its everything I wanted it to be. Its so... lovely. Its also good for peices too...

The Hoth base sucks though. The soldiers are the only thing I like about it.

-ZotS

I think it's odd that there's no mechanic in the Hoth set. There are tools, a repair vehicle, and a speeder with removable modules for repairs. TLC loves their little mechanic figs, and so do I. :-P Overall, it's a bit underwhelming. I would rather have held out for a Hoth base similar in scale with the Exo-Force base, complete with control room, hangar, wampa, taun-tauns, and Hoth-gear Luke. The turret, as mentioned, could certainly be much better. Odd that there are no flat tiles on the exposed interlocking portions of the blast doors.

The RC is mostly what I would have expected for a large mini-fig scaled ship. Like most of the larger official sets, it's not bad, but could use some changes. I thought, overall, the MF scale ISD was great on the outside, sans neon turbolasers :-X , but woefully inadequate on the inside. At least on the RC, TLC designers didn't have to find a way to fit in the ever-loving escape pod, as the conical section under the bridge is just that, at least according to the Incredible Cross-Sections book. Still, after seeing what they've done with the new MTT set, the RC is lacking. I'd like to see the interior.

I'd love to see the concept designs for both of these sets.

Both will look great on my shelf in Sept!!

Interesting news: From rebelscum:

LEGO has filled in the missing numbers at Brickfest 2007, where it released information on two of the new Summer '07 sets. Republic Cruiser (7665) will have five minifigs, a limited interior for play value, as well as a detachable escape pod and the Hoth Rebel Playset (7666) will include six minifigs, a new Snowspeeder (with maintenance bay), turret canon and Imperial probe droid. LEGO has also added a fourth maquette to the line, with a pack-in Luke Skywalker X-Wing which will come alongside the 2006 Toys "R" Us exclusive X-wing Fighter (6212). Thanks to johnsocal for posting these in our LEGO

Limited interior...awww shucks, it aint much :-( . And what is the escape pod?

The Hoth set just looks...well wrong,I mean when you think of a Hoth set you instantly think of a Taun-Taun and instead you get a load of pointless pieces which just bump up the price.Why not just put the Hoth troopers and Rebel soldiers in a battlepack along with a turret and probe droid and be done with it?Also another Snowspeeder seems kinda pointless as well,couldn't they have built up the base more instead and make it more solid and enclosed?

The Republic cruiser looks ok even though its a odd set to make and the front looks kinda flat but I will probably pick one up.

The Republic cruiser is not so bad with the pieces and colours, the design is nice, only a little to small.

The figs are nice but I hope they put the Qui-gon hairpiece in it.

About the pilots; I remembered from the movie they had 2 pilots, one male (played by Silas Carson who also portrayed Ki-adi Mundi and the important Trade Federation guy) and one female, so they could put one of the figures a nice (Hermiony for example) female head on it torso.

The Hoth crap base (or better: Snowspeeder with Extra figs and a white wall)

I did'nt expect a snowspeeder in it, but I didn't expect much for the idea that it would be something of +/- 50 euro's.

Maybe I will buy one (for I haven't a snowspeeder yet), But I hope there will be hothrebel battle packs, snowtrooper battle packs and white baseplates

The doors slide out :-|

Smartass :-| Really ?? Wow, I was unaware that a door opened !! Seriously I thought it was meant to stay half open like that !!

Seriously, do refrain from crap post like these !! When will you learn !! Probably never unfortunatly :-|

Yoda: why do you have find fault in EVERY new set? Be grateful that we've got these new sets at all. Maybe your standards are too high?

Not true ;-) When TLC creates magnificent sets (like the whole january '07 line up) I say so and praise those great sets !! However whenever they screw big time, I say so as well !!

What really annoyed me with that Hoth set, is looking at all the great sets they released in the recent past, this is way underneath what I expected !!

Its a great set for newbies and people with a rather new collection !!

On the other hand, from an AFOL point of view this set is frustrating: not enough rebels and snowies, a bloody third version of the snowspeeder (not that different from V2) and no new figs (apart that K3PO) !! Nothing that fabulous !!

I was hoping for a great MF pack, and its not even the case :-|

So YES, AFOLs standards are always too high ;-) And Yes I will buy multiple copies of that set :-D

That RC is splendid though !! New design + new figs !! This is what I'm talking about hehe !!

Hoth Rant ON !!

*yoda*

Smartass :-| Really ?? Wow, I was unaware that a door opened !! Seriously I thought it was meant to stay half open like that !!

Seriously, do refrain from crap post like these !! When will you learn !! Probably never unfortunatly :-|

I misunderstood what you said. It seemed like it didn't occur to any of you that the doors opened to let the snowspeeder out. As for the X-wing, that question answers itself: it's not part of the set, so it wasn't included in the set design.

We all also have to remember that lego is, afterall, primarily a childrens toy. Sure, we have the occasional hard builds for older builders, but the primary target are kids. These are meant to be easy-to-build sets, so if you want something harder, you can always just make one yourself, which is what lego is intended to do anyways. I am starting to view sets as parts kits, and the main model as an idea with which you can use all your pieces to build.

-l2k-

I misunderstood what you said.

We all also have to remember that lego is, afterall, primarily a childrens toy. Sure, we have the occasional hard builds for older builders, but the primary target are kids. These are meant to be easy-to-build sets, so if you want something harder, you can always just make one yourself, which is what lego is intended to do anyways. I am starting to view sets as parts kits, and the main model as an idea with which you can use all your pieces to build.

No probs ;-)

I do agree with you regarding the parts pack !! Like I said before, I wasn't expecting much from that set but I was really far from expecting a bloody snowspeeder in it |-/ I will definitly buy several copies (G like Mutley said that is such an understatment :-D ) for Mfs and parts like I did with that glorious Imperial Inspection !!

I was really hoping that Hoth base to be as good !! Since its approximately the same price I think we can expect more "suprises" with final pics !! I mean II had 10 figs (with 4 special Stormies, 2 gurads and 2 officers 8-

No probs ;-)

I do agree with you regarding the parts pack !! Like I said before, I wasn't expecting much from that set but I was really far from expecting a bloody snowspeeder in it |-/ I will definitly buy several copies (G like Mutley said that is such an understatment :-D ) for Mfs and parts like I did with that glorious Imperial Inspection !!

I was really hoping that Hoth base to be as good !! Since its approximately the same price I think we can expect more "suprises" with final pics !! I mean II had 10 figs (with 4 special Stormies, 2 gurads and 2 officers 8-

Compared to my 4500 the cannons on that new Snowspeeder are crap. And that door is to

small to pass him through. Although it would need only a few parts to MOD this, I