Sariel

Pagani Zonda - large scale, high speed

Oh no! You did it. I am waiting for second RC unit now, but now I have to make something with 4 RC units and 8 buggy motors to beat you *huh*

Interesting idea with doubled differentials at axles :classic:

Good work, Sariel! :thumbup:

Edited by rm8

Interesting idea with doubled differentials at axles :classic:

They're not simply doubled - the first differential couples two motors acting as an adder, the second drives the rear axle.

Very nice,but were is the hamster?

Ran away when he heard about "cutting on weight".

Edited by Sariel

They're not simply doubled - the first differential couples two motors acting as an adder, the second drives the rear axle.

You mean second drives the rear axle?

Is an adder necessary when coupling two pratically identical motors? Two such motors should automatically match their speeds, if I understand correctly, in the same way as using multiple locomotives to drive a train.

Suppose one motor is inherently a few percent faster than the other. When running with no load, the faster one will do all the driving and the slower one will simply freewheel. However, once a load is applied, the faster one will slow down, and when it reaches the speed of the slower one they'll both be doing the driving.

Or is there something I've misunderstood?

Awesome work, by the way.

default_hmpfbad.gifdefault_huh.gifoh2.gifdefault_drool.gif I have mixed feelings for this, I LOVE IT, mad because I could never do that, and amazed at the design. I REALLY need flex axles, because it seems they're a must for anything to actually look decent...

Is an adder necessary when coupling two pratically identical motors? Two such motors should automatically match their speeds, if I understand correctly, in the same way as using multiple locomotives to drive a train.

Suppose one motor is inherently a few percent faster than the other. When running with no load, the faster one will do all the driving and the slower one will simply freewheel.

Electric motors don't "simply freewheel". Instead, the slower motor will be acting like a brake on the faster one. This will create stress between the motors and some power will be wasted. Plus, RC motors overheat easily, so any extra stress is likely to force you to wait for them to cool down.

Edited by Sariel

Very nice design Sariel, :wub::thumbup: :thumbup:

I like your shape off it and olso your mirrors are good find and supptile and the headlight what are they?.

I had that problem whit the L motors in mine Daf dakar truck that one motor starts a little later than the other and they don't work togehter but more fight togehter.

What do motor adders look like, and how do they work?

They look like a differential connecting two motors and they even out differences in two motors' speeds.

They look like a differential connecting two motors and they even out differences in two motors' speeds.

So the the speeds are evened out, and the torques added? (to use higher gear ratios?)

I have to say this is so far the best RC LEGO car I have seen! EVER. *oh2*

Totally agree !!

Looking forward to get my hands on a copy of Sariels book :)

I Studied the video 3 or 4 times. Looked at all the photo's 3 or 4 times read the blurb 3 or 4 times and all I can say is WOWZA! I'm speechless.

Looking forward to the book, is it going to be available as an ibook for iPad?

Brendan

Looking forward to the book, is it going to be available as an ibook for iPad?

I've never heard of ibooks, but it's going to be available as an ebook. Probably for iPad too, unless we get sued by Apple.

I have made a quick cad image of a adder for those how are unsure of what one looks like.

subcontracter.jpg

The yellow axle connector goes to the front axle.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I have made a quick cad image of a sub contractor for those how are unsure of what one looks like.

Do you mean a subtractor? There is none in this model. Also, your image isn't showing.