Brickthing

MOC: Portal Sets

I wonder if it is Portal itself, or the fact the designs contain no less than four new elements that has it ruled out. Requiring new parts (not existing parts in new colours) is pretty much an instant kiss of death to a Cuusoo project.

I think this is a well-needed bump, for it's up on CUUSOO! :sweet:

Yup, after giving it a closer look the Cuusoo team decided to approve our project, so now we're ready to reel in supporters! A huge thanks to Si-MOCs and Tim Courtney for being incredible making this possible. :wub:

I've updated the first post to reflect the new supportable status of the project, which you can find here!

AWESOME news!

This was so great, they had to reconsider :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Good luck guys!

Supported the moment I saw it! This MUST become an official set! :drool:

Speaking of which, will your friend who made the LEGO Games Portal set post the game rules and instructions soon? (Perhaps as a reward for 2,500 votes?)

Hopefully it will be considered. Nice new set. Even though I have never seen the movie / played the game, I like this. ALOT.

Edited by DraikNova

Hopefully it will be considered. Nice new set. Even though I have never seen the movie / played the game, I like this. ALOT.

It's just a game. :wink:

Phenomenal MOCs, 'Brickthing'! :sweet:

It seems like the Cuusoo idea is going far... Best of luck. :wink:

Edited by just2good

That little board game looks amazing! It also looks nice and portable too.

Cheers on getting it on Cuusoo! :wub:

Edited by Endgame

Finally got around to getting the Portal games, they're fantastic and these sets are very accurate to the source. :sweet:

Whatever , I gave up on windows-only games a long while ago. But I like the robot designs a lot so I'll vote. Hopefully I'll be a millionaire by the time the set becomes purchasable and will be able to get it.

Yeah, the robot drones are great. And so is the gun. Actually, if LEGO makes only one set for this, I'd want it to include one minifigure, ten drones and five portal guns.

To add more fuel to the fire of the "rabid fanbases vs CuuSoo" debate. It looks like news of this project has hit a few of the Gaming sites such as The Escapist today. So expect a nice bump in support. (not that it is needed. This garnered 5k in what? A week? Bravo!!!)

Love the miniature puzzle game. :laugh::thumbup:

Would kewl to see a 'portable' version, like a foldable chessgame in one of those nice boxes to take with you.

actually, i have no idea what this theme is all about, but it looks reaaaally great! I would buy this stuff, no question! :sweet: the fact that this is considered "space", is a huuuuge bonus for me...as a... as a space nerd :tongue::blush:

Amazing work guys and congrats on your 10,000 supporters and especially on getting the Cuusoo team to reconsider and let it be supported.

Somehow I had missed this, but I'm glad I get to see it now. I think this would be an awesome gift for my husband and the game you created looks great!

I would probably buy multiples of all these sets if they were made. The modular design of the test chamber itself gives it SUCH a great play-value. :wub:

A big congrats for getting this project through to the review board! From what i read it has been a bumpy road for this project, so that makes this victory taste all the sweeter :laugh:

I wasn't familiar with the project, nor am i with the game for that matter. But the concepts you presented do look very nice and well thought out. So my compliments for that also! :thumbup: I really hope your project makes it through to the product stage :sweet:

Unfortunately I don't think Portal is 'mainstream' enough to become a Lego theme, especially amongst Lego's target audience, but these are absolutely incredible creations and if Lego did ever release them I would be banging on the doors of a Lego store at launch date frantically waving large amounts of cash around!

Unfortunately I don't think Portal is 'mainstream' enough to become a Lego theme, especially amongst Lego's target audience, but these are absolutely incredible creations and if Lego did ever release them I would be banging on the doors of a Lego store at launch date frantically waving large amounts of cash around!

I don't think it is any less mainstream then Minecraft?

And is it me, or was this the fastest project ever to shoot to 10k? Going from a rejected project to review status in Under a month. Well done!

Edited by Faefrost

I will really think Brickthing, together with his team had set a brand new records in CUUSOO. :thumbup:

I am literally in love with this project. The degree of game-accuracy really makes this project shine, and it's clear you put a lot of work into it. I especially like that you designed a few new, and plausible, pieces to fill necessary elements in the Portal universe. The test chamber set is my favorite model here; the modularity is a brilliant idea, and I can see myself fiddling around with different combinations of the test pieces for hours. I also love GLaDOS; even if some of her design techniques aren't as realistic for LEGO, the concept for the set is great, and it's also one I'd love to see.

I'm totally blown away. Fantastic work!

Congrats on reaching 10,000 votes! Great job! I'm really hope this becomes a set soon, even though I probably won't be able to buy it because it's online only :( so do you guys get to design the set or have any input on it? Or does TLG get to do all the fun stuff?