LegoSjaak

Trains, Long and Short: Show 'm here!

Only one picture is not enough for such a nice train-MOC... please give us more!!

There are some in http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=556911 but I will be uploading 2 more sometime tonight (from Brickworld). You can also see a few pics of the train on zephyr1934's folder http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=556974

I forgot to get pics of the container train I had running on sunday with 26 container cars and 20 hopper cars. I did not get a full length measuerment either :(

Edited by pirzyk

my czech gas-train at an exhibition today. There are 14 4537-cars, I think.

4318-1435351282.jpg

MTM

Interestingly need to involve all 2 locomotive to shift the composition of 15 wagons?)

I finally managed to do a short movie of my LKAB IORE pulling 12 ore cars, unfortunatly only on straight track.

only 12? I bet your IORE is pretty sad that it only has 12 cars. She wants more I bet! :laugh:

only 12? I bet your IORE is pretty sad that it only has 12 cars. She wants more I bet! :laugh:

Of course she wants more :grin: but since only the first locomotive is powered she has to be happy with 12 cars (she isn't that strong as she always pretends). :laugh:

Interestingly need to involve all 2 locomotive to shift the composition of 15 wagons?)

Dear Alex.

It's also possible with one lokomotive (with one 9V-Motor) to pull 14 of these Set-4537-wagons and a few other wagons. There aren't very heavy. And we drive in a "circle" with 25m length.

MTM

at my train crossing:

and

Edited by JopieK
Merged your posts and added the media tag so the video's show up immediately!

Looks nice MTM! Also the 12V railroad crossing, have played hours with it when I was young :)

Hi All,

Here is a short video of a double Horizon express + 2 wagons extra running on ME Models R72 curves and straights.

The front loco is powered with two train-motors, controlled by an SBrick.

Edited by marook

Hi All,

Here is a short video of a double Horizon express + 2 wagons extra running on ME Models R72 curves and straights.

The front loco is powered with two train-motors, controlled by an SBrick.

Those ME Curves look great! Nice train too!

DSCN4799.JPG

can we have some more pictures? Im wondering what your 'short' train is! Is it some sort of fire train?

Both your Russian fire train and your extended 7938 look really good. Do you have a custom interior on your 7938, or is it all plain passenger cars?

Mm, very nice!

Great detailing on the, well, everything!

Both your Russian fire train and your extended 7938 look really good. Do you have a custom interior on your 7938, or is it all plain passenger cars?

Thanks. No interior.

poezd7.jpgDSCN5061.JPG

19866211042_be7453f250_b.jpg

It's up to 30'. I had to switch to push/pull since my neodymium magnets weren't strong enough for the portions of the loop that are slightly uphill. I've a couple WIP rolling stock pieces I've been working on which will make it even longer. Of course, I could always stick my passenger cars on the end of my freight train, but that wouldn't be authentic ;)

Edited by legoman666

Of course, I could always stick my passenger cars on the end of my freight train, but that wouldn't be authentic ;)

Sure you can, only then it becomes a mixed train (grin)

A real train!

Yes, that is a very fine train

I thought I'd add to this topic with my newly-extended Horizon Express, which consists of two cabs and ten carriages.

It's ten feet long (over 3 metres), and the two PF motors in the front cab pull it easily. No problem at all.

24464951423_6f289645cc_c.jpg

24998508871_da63e7aa27_c.jpg

Larger photos are available on my Flickr account.

Here's my latest long-train:

23379198803_7e243902b2_z.jpg

The 1950's prototype General Motors Aerotrain, which is 140 studs long or about 9 tracks in length. It is low slung as the top of the 5 coaches are 8 bricks from the bottom of the wheels on up, while the loco sits at 10 2/3 bricks high from thew top of the air-horn (the binoculars) on down... this isn't my longest train, but it one of the very few I've built based on a real locomotive and cars.