Looks like these tires were used here, but it seems that the builder had to add 3D printed rings over the LEGO rims to make the tires hold properly.

Edited by SevenStuds

Merged with the 3rd party tires topic (this topic)

Hi, does anyone know if there are cheap tires with this same pattern?: http://store.rc4wd.c...res_p_1957.html ; i am looking for tires that look like the Michelin XZL tires.

Sorry. I've been looking for something like that for years. I have considered buying this, ore one size smaller several times, but find them to expensive.

I would also really appreciate it if anyone has found them cheaper, and in other dimensions (smaller) that fit Lego. I would especially like some that fit the 41896 wheels.

-ED-

Edited by Nazgarot

Hello there!

Could anyone advice any not too expensive tires suitable for unimog rims for truck?

I mean I need road tires for the new tractor truck!

Thanks!

Hi guys,

recently I've bought some third-party tires for my lego creations. I was looking for tires with real-life width and tread, with outer diameter from 80 to 90 mm. I've decided to give a try for RC 1.7 inch tires, I've chosen those: 1.7" LE Standard Tires 84mm.

My goal was to fit them with Lego Technic Racing Small Wheel 43.2mm D. x 26mm. As you can see, the tires inner diameter and outer rim diameter are almost the same. This was promising sign, but when the tires arrived, there was a disappoitment. Tire diddin't hold on the rim, because it didn't reach the flange of the rim. Tire should have maximum inner diameter of 39,5 mm to hold properly on those rims.

Knowing this, I've decided to try and make the hole in tire smaller. For this I've used a rubber like plastic cut in 2x2 mm strip. I've secured them on the tires with super-glue like this:

28964751641_95165e75d5_q.jpg

After putting foam inside, with great carefulness, I've put modified tires on rims:

28754708490_50e6de2cc6_q.jpg

The result was very good. Tires hold properly on rims, they don't slip off while driving, and the strip of plastic is almost invisible. But without the foam tire might slip off from flange. Rubber, which tires are made of, is more stiff than lego rubber, and with foam inside wheel is getting even harder to squeeze. But while driving they work very well and have good grip.

29040596915_13f0773803_q.jpg

Comparison with Lego tires:

28419869574_4b36a21e0f_q.jpg

Used on MOC:

28754852070_dd0819c992_q.jpg29041201925_66108c5f62_q.jpg

Although 1.7 inch RC tires don't match perfectly on Lego rims, with little effort, it is possible to make them work together. I think the outcome is worth it :)

Sorry. I've been looking for something like that for years. I have considered buying this, ore one size smaller several times, but find them to expensive.

I would also really appreciate it if anyone has found them cheaper, and in other dimensions (smaller) that fit Lego. I would especially like some that fit the 41896 wheels.

-ED-

I was looking at these tires a while ago, and actually went to a local rc shop and saw these. they should fit that rim, but I'd make sure and check measurements before looking at buying them. I think sevenstuds used these a while back, maybe check his site too?

http://store.rc4wd.com/Interco-IROK-19-Scale-Tire_p_1423.html

edit- forgot to add link lol

Edited by MRP_

yeah I was gonna buy some but they're pretty pricey, and I found some different ones on ebay WAAAAAY cheaper, $20 for all 4, opposed to $50 for the 1.9s.

really you just have to look around. at the beginning of this thread someone linked to some tires, and using that I found some good ones.

They look good, not the best for crawling since the tread is not that swap but the price makes up for it

I have found some very cheap 1.9" tires in Amazon: https://www.amazon.c...1.9 scale tires , they seem to be very similar to the Mud Thrashers 1.9" in RC4WD: http://store.rc4wd.c...ires_p_220.html , what do you think?

Hi, they look indeed like Mud Thrashers from RC4WD, but checking the pictures: definitely lower quality. I have them (see here: RC4WD in 1.55" and 1.9"), and the side walls are pretty massive, not like the ones in the link above. Also no sign of branding, which should be molded (+size, etc):

DSC_8089.jpg

Might work, but doesn't seem like a long-term good deal... I don't recommend.

Edited by agrof

I am looking for tires to match with the new tractor tires from TLG to serve as front tires.

my Fischertechnic tires review and test. Very nice tires for its price. Check and dont forget to turn on english subtitles.

perhaps this might be helpful?

If the idea is to avoid the 44772 or 15038 rim from slipping inside the 54120 tire, then this could be an option too:

The recent post made by @shineyu  got me thinking about 2.2 RC tires and Lego.  To date, I had not heard of many using them.  I have with a previous Unimog I built, and he did with his fantastic L1150 Wheel Loader.  most use 1.9 or smaller.  This is likely due to lack of Lego rims that are compatible with them.  Shineyu used Lego part 22969 and I used two 64712 parts, placed towether (interlocking) for my rim.  Really, these are the only two rims I know of (Lego) that work with larger, 2.2 RC tires.  Until now.  I tried the new Porsche rims and they do work.  I thought, because of the lack of sidewall of the tires the rim was created for would lead to too little depth in the rim and RC tires would fall right off.  But I tested it today and the Porsche rim is indeed compatible with larger 2.2 tires.

14751875853_DISPLAY.jpg

14751875864_DISPLAY.jpg

Now.... this obviously ain't pretty.  Porsche rims were not meant to house super swamper tires.  But, there are ways to cover up the spokes for a look that would be more common on truck/crawler type vhicles...

14751875852_SPLASH.jpg

But at least now we haave more options for rims if anyone wants to begin using 2.2 tires more often. 

That is very cool NFP, i didn't knew that the Porsche rims where compatible with 2.2 tires, and i must admit that the rims look very good with those tires, maybe it would be a bit hard to make heavy models ad the transmission could get damaged, but i this that there will be people who will find a way to make it. so far they look nice.