Sign in to follow this  
Derfel Cadarn

Skyrim: Regaining The Pale

Hey there, Ive been messing about with a few Skyrim mocs recently, this is the first, set in the Pale region. Hostile Stormcloaks and an Ice Mage try to stop the brave Dovahkiin as he battles to the top to get his hands on a chest containing some useful Ebony Armor, but after the 1000th time of finding tomatos and carrots, he refuses to check any more barrels!

6797510833_c97691b127_z.jpg

6803350939_2c1471e761_z.jpg

6797462375_503b235612_z.jpg

6797452759_3fb92ed12b_z.jpg

6797406573_c9f1e8e203_z.jpg

6797444597_c5325aac6c_z.jpg

6797368777_e743bcb698_z.jpg

6797508633_e315ef1ab4_z.jpg

Larger pics availible over at Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/45244184@N04/

Thanks for viewing

DC

I am still looking for the dragon in the sky ;)

and now, I have an urge to build and/or play skyrim :P

Same here. :wink:

Another stunning creation Derfel, fantastic work on this one as well!

Excellent work on the tower, I might adapt that technique sometime. It looks so cool.

Great work on the ground surface as well, packed with detail. :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to some more Skyrim MOC's!

Oh, and I keep checking barrels, just for the salt piles. :tongue:

Wow DC! You never stop to amaze me!!

I´ve actually no clue what Skyrim is so I can´t say if it good or not in that aspect...

... but in my personal aspect I just love it!! The tower technique is so good and you have to show me how it´s done in pics soon! :wink:

The rock formations under the tower is really well done! Looks very much like in nature! The different colours of gray in the tiles gives the whole tower a very neat look! The teeth bricks on top of the tower is very clever and I´ve to borrow that idea!

Great work as always DC!

Great Moc, as always! I love the tower technique the most, I am going to try and use it, if that is ok. That wizard should be prepared to be Fus-Ro-Dah'ed off the tower :grin:

Edited by Scubacarrot

I am still looking for the dragon in the sky ;)

I spent ages debating about adding a dragon here, but im still working on a design that im happy with, so I will use one in another moc hopefully, a Skyrim moc does need a dragon :thumbup:

Another great creation. I have recently started following some of your builds and copying some of your techniques. You have great creations. I just wish I had the time and talent to build that way. Awesome!

LMW

I used to... :hmpf: xD

Great tower and beautiful, charming scene. My only complain is about that little bricked road. I think you should put tiles and other 1x1 round ones on the main plate, and then using some white plates make that road look more realistic.

Anyway, great tribute to Elder Scrolls.

Edited by Matej_Emperor

This is wonderful. A Skyrim community build would be fun...but man I wish I Had more time to build.

When I scrolled down to the picture of the tower top I thought "YES! Perfect" :classic:

Fabulous as usual DC! I havent played skrim but I love this scene! everything is great as usual.

Wow, this is amazing. Can you share the technique you used for the circular tower? Total n00b quetion, I know. :blush:

Edited by Poison Ivy

I am soo going to "steal" that tower design. :wub:

Use Storm Call!! :rofl:

The snow really gets me here. It's so perfect and unrefined...just like nature itself. :thumbup:

Great round tower, and nice choose of colors.

The snow on trees is something new to me, and I like it.

Also so many archers firing to the knee. :laugh:

What a beautiful scene Derfel! :wub: Love the snow and the tower design; I'd love to see you build a whole keep in the style although it's ridiculousness part-intensive. The figures are also a great touch; I'm a sucker for thematic armies and those storm cloaks are absolutely stunning, and the mage that's with them looks like a legitimate Lego villain. :grin:

Keep up the Skyrim MOC's!

Thankyou for all your great comments everyone.

I would like to build a whole castle like this as I have never actually built a propper castle, however it is very parts intensive, so I will need to stock up on more pieces untill I can pull it off.

For those interested, I have added a new chapter to my Guide which shows how to build this round tower design, hope you will find it useful.

Thanks again

DC

I love Skyrim, best game ever imo, apart from all the bugs. As always an amazing moc, loving all the details. Tell me, what level are you? how far on with the quest line are you? and do you roleplay, as in do you stick with something or do a bit of everything? like a 2 hander nord, a high elf mage, argonian archer, khajit thief, etc. also which side have you taken? empire or stormcloaks? I get sick of carrots and tomatoes and potatoes but now and then you get some nice ingrediants for alchemy.

I can definately see some of the armour and weapons from Skyrim making their way to brickforge or something, the Daedric armour is so smexy.