Piranha

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 8 Rumours & Discussion

Must get the fairy. The wings are awesome, and her face is so cute!

After seeing the close ups, the fairy is significantly better than I thought, the face is pretty well done, the torso's not bad, plus these wings look more stable than Twitch wings. I guess I'll be picking this one up now. Also, I do like the trader/businessman more and the Alien queen's torso and dress will be usable in SW, so I might pick her up now too.

On the other hand, the vampire bat's face is significantly different than the man-bat's face which is a bit frustrating. :angry:

The Hamlet minifig is my favorite out of this bunch.

Conquistador and Diver tie for second. However Conquistador's blank torso will be traded out for the Pirate Captain's torso. Other than the torso, the pirate captain is not very impressive IMO.

I will also definately be getting Evil Robot, Bavarian, Vampire and Fairy. I wasn't too impressed with the fairy at first but she is growing on me. I still strongly dislike that hairpiece.

Santa could have been a hit seeing what LEGO can do (ex. the Hobbit Minifigs) but I'm going to pass as I already have torso and beard and I'm sure the hat will show up in a future set.

Female Alien is undecided for me. I'm not too big of a fan of AC but it is a decent minifig.

Skier, Trader, Cowgirl, & Disco Guy are all decent designs but of no interest to me. Note that I would have bought the skier if she had brown skies, Trader if he had an older suit design, and the Cowgirl if she didn't have such a modern look. Disco Guy looks exactly as I expected; I just don't have a use for him.

If the Cheerleader had an "M" instead of an "A" and was in red, then I would probably buy one. The Football player is as I expected but I think the Hockey player was a better fit for the "padding". If it was of exceptional design I probably would be getting one. But nothing new here so probably my least favorite of the series.

If the Cheerleader had an "M" instead of an "A" and was in red, then I would probably buy one.

You don't want an "A"? But "A" means she's cheering on the A Team! :tongue:

Some of them do look a lot better in the actual pictures.

The Cheerleader doesn't look underage. She actually has breasts.

Look at the female Alien's head, particularly the jaw. It almost looks like it is more open than the standard headpiece from the AC Alien Commander and Cyborg. Which doesn't make any sense. (and no I don't just mean from the lipstick. It looks like her mouth is more open.)

The Faerie isn't bad. It may take a little dressing up to make it the way that I want though. I'm thinking shorter legs and a flight base.

Bavarian dude really needs a beer in his other hand.

Football Player and Cowgirl look surprisingly disappointing.

The Trader, while kind of dull, looks like it will have a ton of MOC potential. Just a nice generic storytelling fig if you will. (Dr. Watson to Sherlock, Edwin Jarvis, the Avengers Butler, The Minister of Silly Walks, whatever you want.)

Army of Manbats! I like him, he seems a little more horrifying then the MF ones. You can use a few of them to do a decent horror themed MOC.

Edited by Faefrost

These look very good! It seems as though the old style diver has a magnifying glass thing for the glass of his helmet, making his face look big!

I think it's a missed opportunity with the DJ. The headphones should have been removable and made to attach to the hairpiece like visors. It will also ensure compatibility with the friends ladyfigs since the hairpieces also have tiny holes for accessories. It was the right direction to start making accessories which are separate from hairpieces. There would have been a lot more uses for a separate headphone piece. For e.g. he could wear it with the strap down at the back of his neck rather than over his head. We could have recycle the headphones with new hairpieces when they become available. You could also use it as a visor on a helmet. :sadnew::sceptic:

Agreed. This would have been an awesome idea. Oh well.

It does almost look as if Lego is running out of ideas. I hope we many more series to come in the future since the CMF line has been one of Legos top sellers since it's release.

Finally, I can have a santa for this christmas...

Other than that.... I can divert the funds to the hobbit sets when it comes out this december... a win win situation for me....

PS: A drow or female elf will be so much better to be added to this series... in my opinion.

Edited by puayyong

Bavarian dude really needs a beer in his other hand.

Yep, he should but doesn't because LEGO wouldn't do alcohol in a CMF :)

Well out of all the series this one seems quite random, I don't know why but to me it has a different feel to it, probably just because of how bright and varied season 6 and 7 were in comparison, it's not my favourite series but has some interesting figures.

Must haves: Diver, Man-bat, conquistidor and shakespearean actor. I can see myself getting at least 3 of each of these, maybe more conquistadors to fight my five aztecs (which is the most i have of any figure), although an army of manbats sounds cool. I can see some jules verne esque mocs with the diving suit guy which would be cool.

Interested in: Bavarian - mainly for the hat i guess, my forestmen lost their hats when i was a kid.

DJ: Nice little figure, cool design all round.

Bussiness man - for the Watson possibilities someone mentioned earlier.

Pirate Captain - Only need one of this guy but he is a nice design.

American football player - Would have been nice to get a different colour, white is not that interesting but oh well.

Santa - Not sure what I would do with him but I want one anyhow.

Not interested in: Cheerleader, skier, Fairy, female alien, cowgirl (although has a nice design), evil robot (the hat is the best thing about this fig, but it does not go with the rest of his colour).

All in all im excited by a few of these as they are pretty awesome but the majority are take it or leave it in my opinion, if you are a town fan though this would probably be an awesome release.

Holy brick, thats another great wave! I'm so happy with evil alien- I don't get any from Alien conquest. Evil robot is sold to me also, I love how it looks!

Even that black-/evil-robot grows on me. As does the actor/thespian. Especially his clothes will be seen in many historic MOCs in the future, that's for sure!

Good stuff TLC! You have done it again!

Be well!

Cutty

Yeah, it's growing on me too. . .

Hey does the bavarian Boy come with one feather in the package or does it have the circle with three different feathers attached to it?

Hey does the bavarian Boy come with one feather in the package or does it have the circle with three different feathers attached to it?

The CM1 forestman came with only one feather, not with the circle. I guess the same with this guy :sceptic:

Thank you for detail shots of new tiles, Bizzy! Newspaper looks great, but I slowly start thinking that the figure is meant to be a contemporary bank bussinesman gent than a Victorian one. :sceptic:

Looks like my list was correct! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Ahem, you mean mine. :sadnew::tongue:

Edited by Ojik

Thank you for detail shots of new tiles, Bizzy! Newspaper looks great, but I slowly start thinking that the figure is meant to be a contemporary bank bussinesman gent than a Victorian one. :sceptic:

Where are these posted? I cant find them on Bizzy's Flikr.

The CM1 forestman came with only one feather, not with the circle. I guess the same with this guy :sceptic:

Actually the CM1 Forestman came with two feathers of the same type. No circle, but there was an extra piece included. However this time I'd expect no extra feather, TLG doesn't add extra pieces to collectible minifigures any more.

Where are these posted? I cant find them on Bizzy's Flikr.

Next time, you must switch to his account, there are all the photos. The link above is for the set of the figs, not for the details shots.

Thank you for detail shots of new tiles, Bizzy! Newspaper looks great. . .

Yeah, it's really cool. Other than that he's pretty plain, but that newspaper makes me like him better :wink:

Yeah, it's really cool. Other than that he's pretty plain, but that newspaper makes me like him better :wink:

you get 2 newspaper tile pieces from the batman/catwoman set. so this is nothing special. if not for the black bowler hat (which i think will be issued in a future set or CMF series) this mf is extremely boring.