Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Thanks for you patience folks on updates, I've been traveling the last week for work which has kept me super busy. Hopefully updates will come at a more normal pace for a little while now. On a good note, nearly all the Parties have moved on to the third out of five acts of the story line.

17 hours ago, Rconn0 said:

“Well, its about time I stretched the old legs again,” Rethinal mutters as he signs up for quest 158 Color me shocked.

Umm That quest literally ended months ago my friend.

Just now, Asphalt said:

I still have nightmares of calculating things for that quest.

52 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

And now Pie no longer has the first and last posts of the Hall. :cry_sad:

7 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Quick, @CMP, post that your forgot something there and need to pick it up!

1 hour ago, The Legonater said:

Is it technical Sandy with the first post. :wink:

On 4/26/2018 at 1:56 PM, KotZ said:

I still have nightmares of calculating things for that quest.

Hehehehehe you're welcome!

On 3/1/2013 at 5:57 PM, Cutcobra said:

38962471694_e9408d2d7c_o.jpg

John 'Heckz' Brutenhal, the Ghostbuster, the Super Sleuth, the School Inspector and the Matchmaker (Cutcobra)

I just noticed this and seeing a ticked off Heckz is just :laugh:

Hi Folks, should have big updates out within 48hrs, work has simply got me swamped right now, thankfully my weekend is looking free.

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

So apparently the photobucket links are back. Yay! :laugh: A year too late, but ah well.

:laugh: "Yay!" Indeed.

With Photobucket up and running again (Yay!) I've finally been able to properly go through all the quests of the Baltarok trilogy. I know you all got plenty of praise at the time (Four years ago! :oh:) but looking back, I just want to emphasize that you guys killed those quests. Baltarok and the High Kingdoms have never felt so alive, and even when activity was low, the parties were really quite something. As a writer and roleplayer, Baltarok is still something on which I look fondly on - Dyric's time in Baltarok was cool and haunting, and 89's dynamic is the sort of thing parties dream of. To say nothing of the other parties, it's a shame players like Cyros aren't around very long, and it's a shame I didn't take the time to interact with them while they were here. Looking at their individual quests, everyone who was active crushed their roles. Alas, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times. :laugh:

Not sure what my overall goal here is, apart from overall encouraging. All of you folks who were involved, whether QM or player (though especially QMs, serious kudos to you three) made that world and those quests feel so legit. Coming up on the end, Heroica is something truly special, and I don't think it will be forgotten easily. Y'all were equal contributors of this great story that is Heroica, and don't you forget it! :sweet:

And here I thought the pictures disappeared because I ended my Photobucket subscription, but apparently it was some other problem with the site.

If I ever host another game here, I now know not to make the rules in picture form. :blush:

11 hours ago, The Legonater said:

With Photobucket up and running again (Yay!) I've finally been able to properly go through all the quests of the Baltarok trilogy. I know you all got plenty of praise at the time (Four years ago! :oh:) but looking back, I just want to emphasize that you guys killed those quests. Baltarok and the High Kingdoms have never felt so alive, and even when activity was low, the parties were really quite something. As a writer and roleplayer, Baltarok is still something on which I look fondly on - Dyric's time in Baltarok was cool and haunting, and 89's dynamic is the sort of thing parties dream of. To say nothing of the other parties, it's a shame players like Cyros aren't around very long, and it's a shame I didn't take the time to interact with them while they were here. Looking at their individual quests, everyone who was active crushed their roles. Alas, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times. :laugh:

Not sure what my overall goal here is, apart from overall encouraging. All of you folks who were involved, whether QM or player (though especially QMs, serious kudos to you three) made that world and those quests feel so legit. Coming up on the end, Heroica is something truly special, and I don't think it will be forgotten easily. Y'all were equal contributors of this great story that is Heroica, and don't you forget it! :sweet:

Thanks. :blush:

Just started reading the whole thing again...I think when the parties met up for the last time we were too busy finishing the planning for the final battle to read most of the roleplaying. I love how utterly convinced everyone is that they're on the right side. :grin:

4 hours ago, CMP said:

Thanks. :blush:

Just started reading the whole thing again...I think when the parties met up for the last time we were too busy finishing the planning for the final battle to read most of the roleplaying. I love how utterly convinced everyone is that they're on the right side. :grin:

Yeah, I remember being really proud of how much everyone genuinely turned against each other. The Baltarok and Dastan Trilogies are both quests I was immensely proud of, and had a blast hosting. I'll have to go back and read them. I'm pretty sure there was a part where Hoke tried to ride away on his own and had to fight a bunch of calvary?

6 hours ago, CMP said:

I love how utterly convinced everyone is that they're on the right side. :grin:

2 hours ago, Zepher said:

Yeah, I remember being really proud of how much everyone genuinely turned against each other. 

And it all feels so justified, too. The Baltarok party have just walked through legitimate warfare, after giving blood, sweat and tears to unite the orcs. The Kingdoms party have just spent their time wading through the political complexities and delicate allegiances that are barely holding the region in peace. Both see the variety of views on their own side but just sort of see the other side as a nebulous force poised to attack. The circus party is just kind of thrown in the middle, having no real details on either side and just being there to finish a job. It's a perfect storm, and it plays out so well. 

Hey everyone it's been forever. Just came back for a little nostalgia and to say Hi, hope everything's going well.

Cheers for all the good times

5 hours ago, Pyrovisionary said:

Hey everyone it's been forever. Just came back for a little nostalgia and to say Hi, hope everything's going well.

Cheers for all the good times

Good to hear from you, hope all is good with you! 

Yo, Pyro! Good to see you around again. Just so you know, Heroica is running its final stretch. Would be happy to see Sarge one last time!:sweet:

So since Photo bucket is temporarily back, is anyone willing to go through Heroica and archive all the images on the wiki or some other hosting spot that isn't evil incarnate?

16 hours ago, Flipz said:

So since Photo bucket is temporarily back, is anyone willing to go through Heroica and archive all the images on the wiki or some other hosting spot that isn't evil incarnate?

I still have all my pictures stored on my harddrive, and many of them are uploaded to the wiki already, but if there's anything particular you need, just give me a holler. :wink: