Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

heroicalogo.jpg

~This topic is meant for all out-of-character discussion related to Heroica RPG, with the exception of rules and game mechanics, which can be found from a separate topic as of July, 2013.~

~For other topics related to the game, see the

Heroica RPG Index.~

I just read over the rules, and I must say that this looks fantastic! :thumbup:

This is VERY well-thought out. Each class seems to be fairly well balanced. Now which class to use...

*oh2* So incredible! Can't wait till I have more time to read over the rules and stuff.

I have a character all ready to go, I just need to photograph and use the rules to create. Hopefully tonight. I'm very excited about this.

*oh2* So incredible! Can't wait till I have more time to read over the rules and stuff.

I have a character all ready to go, I just need to photograph and use the rules to create. Hopefully tonight. I'm very excited about this.

I look forward to Questing with you! :thumbup:

I'm assuming we should have 3-5 people, at least, before we do any Quests?

Edited by CallMePieOrDie

I'm ready to join this after I get three questions answered.

1: Mages don't need an elemental gem to fight, correct? And they don't start off with one either?

2: When we're defeated, we come back with one health? Or are we fully restocked?

3: I didn't see if we have too buy weapons like swords and wands. Do we need to buy them?

If some of these questions are already answered I apologize. I somehow always miss stuff. :grin: This is very well thought out and I'm eager to play!

I'm impressed by the work put into this. Looks by first glance to be a simplified AD&D. Only with Lego, which makes it just a tiny bit cooler than other games :D

I'll read the rules more thoroughly.

Welcome aboard, everyone! It's heartwarming to see such a response after months of preparation. :wub:

1: Mages don't need an elemental gem to fight, correct? And they don't start off with one either?

2: When we're defeated, we come back with one health? Or are we fully restocked?

3: I didn't see if we have too buy weapons like swords and wands. Do we need to buy them?

All of these questions are addressed in the rules, but since it is a long read, I will repeat them here.

1. Mages need elemental gems to cast spells, but they can attack physically with their weapon as well. All mages start with one elemental gem, as stated in the character creation page.

2. If you fall in battle, you will be automatically revived after it with one health. However, there is an item that can revive you during the battle as well.

3. You start out with one weapon of your choice that has the power of 3, as stated in the character creation page. Each class has a restricted array of weapons in their use, so check out the job class descriptions.

Hope this answered all your questions. I'll look forward to seeing you in the game!

This looks really good and impressive. Unfortunatly I don't have the time to take a long term comitement like this and join this adventure(just bought a baby girl :classic: ). But I which you all the luck and hope your RPG works out well.

I'm assuming we should have 3-5 people, at least, before we do any Quests?

The three quests I'm initially hosting are all open for sign ups until the next Friday. I will of course extend the sign-up time if there doesn't seem to be enough players yet.

Unfortunatly I don't have the time to take a long term comitement like this and join this adventure(just bought a baby girl :classic: ).

Like Mafia games, Heroica RPG is more of a game system rather than one continuous game (at least to the players, not so much to the host). What I mean is that you can participate into the quests whenever you feel like you have the time. At least my quests will last at most a month each. You don't have to be going on quests continuously to be able to play this game. If you want, you can for example create a character now and wait for a better time to sign into a quest.

Aww man, I am a fan of Barbarian Class but I also love maces... Now I might have to play a knight.. Then again great swords and other large weapons are good too. I shall get a photo of my character soon!

Oh, are there any rules on clones and aftermarkets

Welcome aboard, everyone! It's heartwarming to see such a response after months of preparation. :wub:

All of these questions are addressed in the rules, but since it is a long read, I will repeat them here.

1. Mages need elemental gems to cast spells, but they can attack physically with their weapon as well. All mages start with one elemental gem, as stated in the character creation page.

2. If you fall in battle, you will be automatically revived after it with one health. However, there is an item that can revive you during the battle as well.

3. You start out with one weapon of your choice that has the power of 3, as stated in the character creation page. Each class has a restricted array of weapons in their use, so check out the job class descriptions.

Hope this answered all your questions. I'll look forward to seeing you in the game!

Thanks for answering my questions. As I said, I always miss something. :grin: I just spent about an hour creating my character and a little bit of scenery. Just need to take pics and I'll be ready to go. :thumbup:

Well, shit. This looks like its going to be a really fun game, and like I said in the Baritones 3 sign-up thread, I won's be available. It's too bad because I really wanted to play in it. :cry_sad: Anyways, good luck to the players!

I've never done something like this, but it sounds pretty fun! :sweet:

If I were to create a character, would I post the info in this thread or PM you the details Sandy?

@Sandy, this stuff is great, and very on-par with what I wanted (and have mentioned elsewhere) for a Heroica RPG. Would you mind if a) copied the rules over to a wiki, b) tweaked them a bit to be not as Eurobrick-centric and/or c) expanded them for support of non-fantasy worlds? I've had my eye on turning all the various collectible minifig series into job classes. Naturally, I'd give you full attribution as the source, with a link back to these pages, etc.

Like Mafia games, Heroica RPG is more of a game system rather than one continuous game (at least to the players, not so much to the host). What I mean is that you can participate into the quests whenever you feel like you have the time. At least my quests will last at most a month each. You don't have to be going on quests continuously to be able to play this game. If you want, you can for example create a character now and wait for a better time to sign into a quest.

Sounds good and I will give it a try in the future :thumbup:

I've never done something like this, but it sounds pretty fun! :sweet:

If I were to create a character, would I post the info in this thread or PM you the details Sandy?

I'm not Sandy, (Clearly :tongue: ) But I believe you post it in the Heroica Hall thread. :wink:

I have my character ready to go. I just need to get the pictures on the computer.

I have a few ideas for a character already. I'll have fun rummaging around my Lego tub to see if I can come up with something that matches my vision. This is very exciting, well done to Sandy for putting so much effort in. Heroica Hall looks amazing!

Heroica Hall looks amazing!

Yes it really does. The architecture is great! I'm also a big fan of the quest board.

EDIT: Got my character in my sig. Is this style alright? I had problems with my sig working.

Edited by K-nut

Well, shit. This looks like its going to be a really fun game, and like I said in the Baritones 3 sign-up thread, I won's be available. It's too bad because I really wanted to play in it. :cry_sad: Anyways, good luck to the players!

As has been said, this is an ongoing RPG. You might miss some quests, but you can still play the game.