cimddwc

MOC: PC Shop, P.I., Artist, Bar, 8-bed Hotel

How many buildings would you expect from a title like this? Well, it's just two small ones...

Edit: If you can't see any images, it means that MOCpages is down once again – that's why I now uploaded them to Flickr, too.

1307968075m_SPLASH.jpg

1307968011m_SPLASH.jpg

Backside:

1307967978m_SPLASH.jpg

An unhappy landlord is going upstairs to the artist on the top floor. You know, the rent is late, he may have to litigate – but don't worry...

1307967982m_SPLASH.jpg

...the artist may have been pretty much unsuccessful so far, but now that he decided to turn to a new style with surreal fruit arrangements I'm sure he'll hit the big time in no time! :)

1307967974m_SPLASH.jpg

There's also Mr Bricklowe, private investigator, and the mandatory femme fatale in his film noire-style office, built in black and white:

1307967923m_SPLASH.jpg

...and the PC shop...

1307967898m_SPLASH.jpg

...and the small hotel...

1307968032m_SPLASH.jpg

...with small, hard to photograph rooms (and a sleeping drunkard)...

1307968051m_SPLASH.jpg

...and a bearded man that some might recognize from last year's advent calendar taking a shower, though he sensibly removed his cap and underwear this time...

1307968067m_SPLASH.jpg

...and finally the bar in the basement:

1307967991m_SPLASH.jpg

The buildings fit nicely in a row with the Pet Shop:

1307967918m_SPLASH.jpg

And here's a little preview of what's to follow on the left (with all the support structures unveiled); I'm thinking about a 10-wide snack bar and above the little river, well, maybe a doctor's office:

1307967941m_SPLASH.jpg

» See it on MOCpages with 18 additional photos

As always, comments, criticism, praise, ideas, etc. welcome. :classic:

Edited by cimddwc

I love it! :sweet:

Brilliant work cimddwc! The idea of having the building on a base that forms a sidewalk with stairs really adds to the overall look of your creation and I particularly like the way you've placed the Pet Shop next to your creation. The fact that they are not placed on the same level makes the scenery much more interesting (assymetry works great here), beautiful and pretty close to real neighborhoods found around the globe.

You've also added some great details both in the interior and the exterior. The backside of the building looks very nice and all the rooms are fantastic (loved the pole dancer and the guy with the binocular :laugh: and also the black and white photo for the investigator - genius idea! :thumbup: )

I can't wait wait to see what comes next. Great work for once more and thanks for sharing!

Awesome MOC!! I would like to see a hotel added to the official modular line one day. The sordid little basement bar make me laugh. :tongue:

Very nice, cimddwc! Your buildings fit extremely well with the Pet Shop, because your style is very much like the style of Jamie Berard. I'm eager to see what the surroundings will be.

Wow! I love it! Beautiful buildings! Bar (or should I say strip club?) is really hilarious! Love hotel & spiral stair part! Great job! :)

Simply wonderful. There are so many details that it's hard to talk about all of them! :grin:

The basement it's a masterpiece and the interiors awesome! :blush:

The little furnitures like the telephone or the ashtray with the cigar are so cute and so perfect. :thumbup:

The artist room is full of things, but there is no caos. :wink:

The bar is lovely and so the lap dancer! :wub:

Very good work! :classic:

Lovely work! As has been said, the placement of the buildings at different heights adds a lot to this MOC and sets it apart from other modular buildings in my book. :wub:

You really crammed a lot of stuff into those buildings, without it looking crowded, excellent job :sweet:. The facades look great, they could easily be mistaken for official modular buildings. Your sidewalk trick is a nice touch too. Btw, I hope those tiny hotel rooms are cheap :wink:. Oh, and poor artist, I feel for him...

Thanks, everyone!

(Note that the little telephone and the spiral stairs are copied from the Pet Shop, though.)

One word, AWESOME 'cimddwc' ! :moar:

I'm glad there is a toilet on each floor....don't you hate it going upstairs or down stairs to go for leak ! :laugh:

The basement bar is my favorite part......gee, your city have some loose women or what ? :devil_laugh:

Beautiful brick work and detail.....now I wait for your snack bar to join the rest.....Brick On 'cimddwc' ! :sweet:

Excellent modular 'cimddwc'. I love the exterior. It fits well with the Pet Shop. The interior is awesome, as well. I especially like the bar. Really great job :classic:

Not only do these fit in seamlessly with the Pet Shop (in fact, these are possibly the most official looking MOCs I've seen), but I think your designs are actually better detailed. Both inside and out, each is unique. Also, the color palettes you used are great. Truly top-notch work! :classic:

Amazing work cimddwc! The external architectural design of these two are simply beautiful, not too over-the-top but with just the right amount of details. The interiors are wonderfully done too, and these two buildings really fit perfectly with your modular street (the elevated height is a nice touch). :thumbup:

i like the different levels in your MOC.

i noticed the Pet Shop at the end of the road which is still raised. how do they gain access to the Pet Shop? or is the Pet Shop raised as well?

i thought the river at the end of the slope was great so you do not have to either create another MOC on raised level or somehow lower the next MOC. :thumbup:

Excellent houses. That "Hotel" brick is ancient. Got one just like it. Also a good idea with the raising ground-level.

The bar in the basement is hilarious!

Well done indeed.

Thanks again!

The basement bar is my favorite part......gee, your city have some loose women or what ? :devil_laugh:

Show me a city that hasn't. :wink:

i noticed the Pet Shop at the end of the road which is still raised. how do they gain access to the Pet Shop? or is the Pet Shop raised as well?

i thought the river at the end of the slope was great so you do not have to either create another MOC on raised level or somehow lower the next MOC. :thumbup:

There'll be a house above the river, but that will in fact be the left edge of my town. And there'll be one or two more houses on the right, next to the Pet Shop but lower, so we reach ground level (which means two rows high for brick-built roads, actually).

I'm not sure yet what the front of the road - pretty close to the front edge of my setup - will look like, probably a wall and some low path to make for a nice front to look at...

Gorgeous styling in regards to both of the buildings which seem to blend seamlessly with each other. My personal favourite would be the film noir styled office which instantly reminded me of bladerunner! Fantastic work and am definitely looking forward to your future setup.

These both look fantastic! They look a lot like official modulars. The black and white room is my favorite! The only critique I have is that I think the hotel floor is a little too cramped.

Great job!

thank you to surprise us again with this beatiful moc!

my favorite part is... all! full of many stealable wonderful details! really good the fact that it has full interiors, not forgetting toilets, for all of our minifig needs.

have a nice lego day

mrBlue

The B&W film noir office is the best easter egg I've seen in MOCs so far :) My second favorite part is the raised base that makes it even more unique. Congrats!

You've got some great buildings here, cimddwc. As others have said, the exterior design is really nice, both front and back, and we all know how hard it is to make interiors fit in such cramped spaces.

Did you actually build that PI office in greytones? It's not a Photoshop trick?

I would like to see a hotel added to the official modular line one day.

You know, the modular line started off with a hotel - there just wasn't an interior for it... :)

10182-1.jpg?0

Thanks again!

Did you actually build that PI office in greytones?

Yes. :grin: (Thanks to the CM pantomime and geisha heads.)