KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

I’m holding off on my planned August 1st purchases until next month, but I have gotten some other small Lego Star Wars items recently.

I found the more recent Asajj Ventress figure at an antique store for $10. It was half the Bricklink price so I went ahead and snagged it. The printing all looks good, the arms are loose though and there’s a crack in the side of the torso. Not a huge deal though since I won’t really be playing with it. I replaced her plain black legs with the newer skirt element, which might have been what caused the crack since I didn’t notice it before.

She was missing her lightsabers though, so I threw those into a Bricklink order I was placing to get a Pluto figure for my Disney Castle. Other Star Wars items I grabbed from that store were the General Dodanna minifig and a pink lightsaber blade because why not?

I should have some other, more exciting stuff on its way very soon though…

Found out my store didn't bump the price of 75333 Obi-Wan's Starfighter to 35 eur and quickly grabbed one :)

I don't know about the official model, but @mcphatty's MOD is a beauty.

75333 Obi-Wan’s Jedi Starfighter & 75336 Inquisitor Transport Scythe. I preordered them because I figured they’d be on the price hike list...turns out they weren’t. But hey...

Both are Greta sets & builds. JSF was a really neat build. It’s so much better than the old ones, which is to be expected with that kind of time in between. Taun We is fantastic & a long overdue addition. 

The Scythe is just awesome. Minifigs are amazing. Build was a lot of fun, especially that nose. They ship is bigger than I expected which was a surprise to be sure, but a welcomed one. It feels like a great deal at $100. 

2 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Picked up 75333, going to do the mod posted on EB here. Regular build first and then the mod. 

Yeah, @mcphatty's mod is the main reason I'm looking at that set. I'll probably wait for a sale, but it's definately on my list. I feel a bit embarrassed for the designer, someone came up with a superior version (using the same parts and just as stable, so it's not like a typical MOC that looks better than the set but's also 1200 more parts and falls apart if you touch it) before the set even released.

I built BD-1 yesterday, highly recommend. It's everything I wanted the set to be.

Mine was 25328 The Mandalorian Helmet, got it 33% off. 

My pre-order of the AT-TE Walker and Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter arrived! :sweet: 
I got it from Het Deense Steentje, a Dutch (web)shop, who has pre-orders at a lower price.

Regards,
Mitch

I picked up the Inquisitor Transport Scythe & AT-TE sets last week. I had them on Pre-order thankfully.

I completed the AT-TE set first. I've wanted an AT-TE for a long time now, I think this model is gorgeous & it looks amazing with my Clone Army. The Commander Cody & 212th Clone Trooper minifigs are lovely. I most certainly hope TLG release a 212th Clone Trooper battle pack next year! My AT-TE is currently populated with 501st Clone Troopers, of which I have many.
I have to admit to ordering eight Light Bluish Grey Round Corner Bricks (3x3x1 without Studs) from Bricklink to slightly mod the top of the middle legs. I think that will improve the look of the model quite a bit.

I'm currently on bag 7 of the Inquisitor Transport. The build is amazing, so well designed. The minifigs are brilliant too, although I haven't seen the Kenobi minifig yet. I've needed Inquisitors in my Imperial Army for a while now.

I ordered the 75333 for 23 euros from Amazon, it's gonna take a while before it's gonna be delivered though.

I also ordered 75015 (Tank Droid) for a friend, as well as multiple sw0585 stormies and imperial patrol troopers for both him and me.

I bought 75333 last Thursday and ordered 75337 on Friday so should be delivered today. 75333 is a good set and @mcphatty's mod makes it even better. Also rebuilt 75214 to the same mod. I was lucky to see the AT-TE on Kmart at the time as it only lasted a few hours there and on Lego.com on 1 August.

Update: Despite the fact it was coming from Kmart Port Adelaide and I live in Adelaide, Australia Post has now decided to send the AT-TE for a trip to Brisbane.

Edited by Paul11283652

I got the 75155 U-Wing for very cheap, only minifig included was the pilot though. But I don't mind that since I wasn't too impressed by Rogue One; it's a nice ship so I'm glad I have all six "letter wings" now :grin:

I was planning on going all month without buying any Lego, but I finally found a Republic Fighter Tank at Target so I had to snag one.

They also had like sixteen of Mando’s N-1 funnily enough.

Ordered Luke Skywalker helmet while on 20% off on Amazon. Surprised to already see it on sale. 

Shoutout to another user on this forum, @Kim-Kwang-Seok for my latest LEGO haul. He originally reached out to me about selling some of his used Star Wars Rebels sets because he knew I was a big fan of the series, and my motivation for acquiring these has increased due to my excitement for the live-action Ahsoka series. He gave me an amazing deal on a bunch of Lego Star Wars sets and figures, about $170 for everything plus shipping from Austria to the US.

As for sets, he sent me his modified versions of 75053 The Ghost, including the rare Zeb minifigure (SW0575), and both versions of the Phantom (75048 and 75170).

He also threw in a bunch of extra minfigures, some of which are modified, many of which are new to my collection: 

• Twenty plain Battle Droids. (SW0001 B and C)
  • Four Super Battle Droids. (SW0092)
  • One Commando Droid captain (SW0448) and two plain Commando Droids. (SW0359)
  • One Battle Droid Commander. (SW0415)
  • Two Battle Droid Pilots. (SW0300 and SW0065)
  • Two older style Geonosis Battle Droids (SW0061) and one newer style Geonosis Battle Droid. (SW0467B)
  • One 2007 327th Clone Trooper. (SW0128A)
  • One 2013-style plain Phase 1 Clone Trooper. (SW0442)
  • One 41st Elite Corps Clone Trooper. (SW0519)
  • One Phase 2 Clone Gunner. (SW0837)
  • Two 2013-style 501st Clone Troopers (SW0445) and two 2020-style 501st troopers (SW1094).
  • Four 2014-style 212th Clone Troopers (SW0522) and three 2014-style 212th Airborne Troopers. (SW0523)
  • Five older-style Stormtroopers. (x1 SW0366 and x4 SW00036)
  • One Sandtrooper without backpack or paldron. (SW0960)
  • Four Rebels style Stormtroopers. (SW0578)
  • One Old Republic trooper (SW0440 with angry clone face), along with an OR Sith Trooper helmet.
  • Two Bith figures. (SW0554 with plain torsos)
  • An older style Gamorrean Guard. (SW0075 with brown arms)
  • Chopper. (SW0565)

^That's very nice, except for the Rebels style stormies :tongue:

I finally got myself the 8083 Hoth rebels BP, I've been putting it off for some reason. Also waiting for the 75080 AAT and 75167 Bounty hunter BP to arrive, as well as B-Wing and ISD magazine polybag sets for my own advent calendar project this year. My bucket list is shrinking!

HLgERXUt.jpg

With the exception of BD-1 perhaps, the only other set in this wave that interested me was 75338 so I snagged the solitary copy that I found at a local Target.  For some reason this set is more scarce than the others.  Since I'm not chasing much else in this round, I decided to hold my nose and pay the $70 dollars.  I like the set.  As others have indicated, it's a solid little ship...very dense.  The minifigs are just okay and I'm not blown away by the speeder, although I like the wrap-around cable idea.  Fun build overall, but the price tag deflates my enthusiasm - quite a bit less perceived value compared to other current offerings. 

Picked up 2 AT-TEs (1 for 212th and 1 for AOTC with figures from the Clone Pack). Also got 2 fighter tanks, figured why not at that point. Like the Mace Windu and purple clones are pretty sweet. 

On 8/16/2022 at 7:01 AM, The Stud said:

Shoutout to another user on this forum, @Kim-Kwang-Seok for my latest LEGO haul. He originally reached out to me about selling some of his used Star Wars Rebels sets because he knew I was a big fan of the series, and my motivation for acquiring these has increased due to my excitement for the live-action Ahsoka series. He gave me an amazing deal on a bunch of Lego Star Wars sets and figures, about $170 for everything plus shipping from Austria to the US.

As for sets, he sent me his modified versions of 75053 The Ghost, including the rare Zeb minifigure (SW0575), and both versions of the Phantom (75048 and 75170).

He also threw in a bunch of extra minfigures, some of which are modified, many of which are new to my collection: 

Happy my old stuff made someone happy! I hope you can find the rest of the Rebels crew as well but Zeb was the most expensive anyway.

3 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Happy my old stuff made someone happy! I hope you can find the rest of the Rebels crew as well but Zeb was the most expensive anyway.

Yep! I got Ezra and Sabine in the Ezra Speeder Bike set off of eBay and I got the rest of the crew off of Bricklink a couple weeks ago. I also got halfway through rebuilding the Ghost before having to leave for college, hopefully I’ll be able to finish that and the Phantoms when I come back in a couple weeks!

I also spotted another Republic Fighter Tank out in the wild on Thursday. I passed on it for now but I definitely want to get a second one eventually. I couldn’t find any copies of this set for like three months but now I’ve found it at two different Targets within a week of each other, so hopefully they’re going to start being more readily available soon.

Found and bought the new AT-TE at Target! I happened to be looking at the Target app and it said that the Target in town had “limited availability” of the set just like my Target back home did when I found the Fighter Tank last weekend. Once I had the time, I headed straight to Target and didn’t see the set at first until I looked past the Star Wars section, where there were three or four brand new ones amidst some other, random sets.

I wasn’t planning on getting this set for a little while as I wanted to buy and build it during my birthday weekend next month, but I didn’t want to risk not being able to find it once I get closer to my birthday. I’ll still save it until then but man, I’m so glad to have found it.

Got an AT-TE from Lego shop Bristol. No close blister packs as expected but if they had had any I would've snagged a couple.

The AT-TE itself I haven't finished building but knowing that there's 6 bags of parts, compared to the 18 of the similarly priced monkie kid set I bought recently, hurt. 

I’ve been purchasing a few sets for future investment one being the Fighter tank. Box was literally open and all battered so I finally caved and built it the other day (without the stickers, that really affects my enjoyment and experience of Lego tbh). 

Needless to say, I love the set. As a kid I’d have loved it completely. Minfigures are exceptional too. Shame one of my Clone had a reasonably-sized spec in the grey detailing ok the helmet. 

Bit the bullet and bought the justifier. It was 20% off but still felt a little overpriced but with incoming price increases I thought I might not see it go any lower.

Bought BD-1 and the Scythe, the two sets I wanted from this wave. BD-1 was a great build; working on the Scythe now, the first bag almost looks like a car chassis, interested to see how all the angles in the ship are achieved. Also found Dark Trooper Attack at 40% off retail. Wasn't high on my list of things to get, but at that price worth to pick up a copy.

Bought another of the Bad Batch Attack shuttle at 20% off on Lego yesterday before it retires. Got the exciting pirates pack polybag add on as well. Woohoo! Score!  Lol