KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

Picked the resistance troop transport and the eclipse fighter in the TRU buy one, get one half price deal today (free FO general and 3x minifigure pack too). Lucky I went in when I did, there was a scalper clearing the shelves into a trolley (I gave him a suitably hard stare). 

Just built the resistance transport - fun build, solid, but SO many stickers... awkward ones too!

I bought Krennic's shuttle 75156.

I actuelly don't like the set, but i wanted the minifigs and it was on sale.

From an interior view this is even worse then the Kylo Ren's shuttle.

I will also shorten the wings. Don't see why you need those long flaps anyway, they look rediculous.

Bought 7x Rebel A-wing pilot for a decent price from bricklink. I have some of them for sale if anyone wants :)

On 12-11-2016 at 9:15 AM, firefox said:

I will also shorten the wings. Don't see why you need those long flaps anyway, they look rediculous.

Did you buy it from TRU? What did you pay?

I also like to buy it maybe, it's now at TRU Netherlands for 20% off (topdeal) + 15% off when you buy 3 products (happy sunday)... not sure which other products I want to add, not everything is very cheap, but so far got 2x Mixels 41559 Paladum in cart. Other star wars sets are not eligible, except Kylo Ren's shuttle (which is discounted to 80 euros too), could maybe also substitute the Mixels for a fancy bag with ToysRus branding for €1. Shipping is free too.

I've decided to start picking up some older sets since my collection is mostly complete from 2014 - 2016. I'm still waiting for a few sets from 2016 to go on sale. My long term collection goal is to have the best version (which is usually the newest) of each vehicle and location set from all of the movies. I'm willing to get some Clone Wars and Rebels sets like General Grievous' Starfighter and the new Vader's TIE Advanced if they are better than the other versions. 

I got all of these sets used on either eBay or Bricklink at decent prices: 

75017: Duel on Geonosis

9491: Geonosian Cannon (no minifigures)

7959: Geonosian Starfighter (no minifigures) 

7962: Anakin Skywalker and Sebulba's Podracers

8091: Republic Swamp Speeder

8095: General Grievous' Starfighter (no minifigures)

7260: Wookiee Catamaran (no minifigures)

7143: Jedi Starfighter

7115: Gungan Patrol

Ordered a Yularen polybag from eBay for $15 and my wife bought me the UCS Sandcrawler for Christmas.

On 11/12/2016 at 2:15 AM, firefox said:

I kinda of disagree with you on that one, I am actually pissed the wings are short on the lego set, on other merchandise they are like 2/3 longer than what we got.

How hot are Rebel A Wing Pilots?  I got four today and did not know anything about them being released already.

Edited by eldiano

I got the U-wing at a 20% discount in TRU last Friday (67 CHF). I didn't really want this set (I don't normally buy based on unreleased material), but having built it, it's a great vehicle. It's pretty big, and with 5 minifigs, 2 of which are the main protagonists, it was a good catch. The level of screen accuracy remains to be seen, but from the already released material, it looks like the designers got most of the stuff right, the wings might be a bit short, but it's already about the same length as the UCS Slave-I.

Two Resistance X Wing's from Target with their 20% off deal. Then a slew of Bricklink orders.......$$$$$$$$$. Ugh....but just about done with my MOC, which is quite exciting.

Received two of each; 75133 and 75134 Battlefront battlepacks from Amazon. There are on sale. I like to have some multiculturalism within the rebel ranks, so that's nice. Already had one of the Empire ones, but I liked it so much I had to have more. I think the imperial dudes will fit in quite nicely with next year's stormtrooper BPs. I am a gonna get me about fifty of those!

Also, last weekend TRU was supposed to have the A-Wing pilot free with a purchase. I couldn't find one though, but I did find a lonely FO general, so I just had to give him a good home. :wink:

Bought the U-Wing from Walmart the other day - was very pleasantly surprised. Honestly, I could see this easily becoming as iconic a ship as any of the traditional Alliance fighters - it's just got "the look:" that peculiar blend of sleekness and clunkiness that makes Rebel spacecraft so lovable. As for the Lego build itself... eh. I'm not a huge fan of models that are over 3 part bags - I just start to zone out at some point, and want to be finished. Having said that, there wasn't a ton of Technic, or anything particularly odious about the construction process, so that was pleasant. 

I recently found all these at value Village for a grand total of $72

30974323272_3a6e689f6f_n.jpgValue Village find by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

No sets are complete (The TIE Advanced is close, though) a couple had some glued parts (Again, the TIE Advanced) and all were a bit dusty. Stuff missing tended to be loose minifigs (All the sets had their pilots, except the snow speeder) and smaller items in the sets.

EKnight

Hadn't bought anything in years, mostly out of teenage self consciousness. Finally realised that doing something you like that doesn't effect anyone else is a lot mature than purposefully not buying toys! Bit the bullet with these sets:

• Tydirium Shuttle, On sale for €80 at Smyths
  • Galactic Battlepack, €15 at Smyths
  • Obi Wan's Interceptor, On sale for €13 on Amazon
  • Geonosis Troopers, on sale for €10 on Amazon
  • A Captain Jag figure for to put in the Interceptor for €5 on Amazon

Gonna definitely pick up a few of the new Imperial Battlepacks after Christmas but what I really want to do is expand my Republic Army. Do you think they'll do a new Republic Gunship/new AT-TE/UT-AT within the next year or two or will it be completely booked out with Rebels, anthology and new trilogy sets?

DzspppI.jpg

Edited by Mark1006

Picked up 3 x 75151 Clone Turbo Tank in the Tesco 3 for 2.

They have them on sale for £47.49 so it only worked out at £31.36 each. 

Will build one and sell the other two to cover the cost :) 

Edited by Super Hans

50 minutes ago, Super Hans said:

Picked up 3 x 75151 Clone Turbo Tank in the Tesco 3 for 2.

They have them on sale for £47.49 so it only worked out at £31.36 each. 

Will build one and sell the other two to cover the cost :) 

You're kidding, that cheap?!

That's a hell of an good deal!!

Picked up the CCT, been wanting one for awhile, and Commander Gree. I just really like his color scheme

Edited by Juke

14 hours ago, fighterpilot105 said:

I won a UCS Tie Fighter this weekend at my local LEGO convention!

I had a similar prize from our local gathering too.

It makes me want to get more TIE fighters but yesterday I bought more microfighters X-Wing.