r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

Maybe someone forgot to change the color from the prelim color before, and that's why we've been stuck with yellow. :laugh:

Could it be that they don't plan to change the bag colors anymore, sticking with yellow in secula secolorum? :look: I hope not, as my reasoning would be that the colors serve to easily differentiate the bags from different series in store. I already thought I saw series 16 from afar in a Target that had series 12. :laugh:

Oh boy.....

If they do this I might start a petition at change.org

---

But I think (hope!) you're right because there is only 1 series between S16 and S17

They already reused white in DFB Series, so I'm guessing S17 will be red

Batman CMF Series will be released in January, will have black bags and there'll be 20 different minifigs.

Now my question/concern is, would they be nice enough to have an even distribution of all 20 characters and have 3 sets to a box as they have done for a while now (Disney was great having 3 sets and then only 6 leftover unique characters), or will they reduce it to 2 sets per box and therefore only have roughly 2, 3 and 4 of each character? Or do something crazy like have the box with more than 60? I highly doubt this last scenario, but sadly I can't see an even split happening, as much as I would love it. It would surely make the secondhand market pricing more stable however.

Just read this on a closed local FB Lego group I joined. Obviously not official but interesting none the less:

News to hand coming in January, the next cmf's SUPERHEROS and 20 to the series and worldwide increase in price, so $6 in nz. Also a stack of batman lego movie set for release, the NZ distribution for the ideas sets are looking later in the year, the disney castle will be available on S@H for 18 month (approx) there will be another release of Porsche gts in the early months of next year

Further in the comments it was hinted at 3 sets to a box too. So perhaps not just a Lego Batman Movie theme? Or is this old news? Price rise sux, but my usual place usually has a 20% off preorders which would help.

Just read this on a closed local FB Lego group I joined. Obviously not official but interesting none the less:

News to hand coming in January, the next cmf's SUPERHEROS and 20 to the series and worldwide increase in price, so $6 in nz. Also a stack of batman lego movie set for release, the NZ distribution for the ideas sets are looking later in the year, the disney castle will be available on S@H for 18 month (approx) there will be another release of Porsche gts in the early months of next year

Further in the comments it was hinted at 3 sets to a box too. So perhaps not just a Lego Batman Movie theme? Or is this old news? Price rise sux, but my usual place usually has a 20% off preorders which would help.

Just TLBM.

There are still a lot of CMF's they can do. I have a wishlist for like +300 plausible minifigures. And I didn't even consider some religious related ideas like the Cuttle Little Devil because I thought it was something they would never do, but they did it.

So, I'd say the CMF line will end when the theme is not longer profitable, rather than they running out of characters.

-------

That being said, I feel the normal CMF line has been harmered in S14, S15 and S16 by bad decisions

S14 was a bad idea overall, and S15 and S16 release dates were a mess.

I thought S14 had some of the best characters so far. What was wring with S15 and 16?

2017 is Batman, Series 17, NinjaGo it seems.

2018 is Series 18 and 19 and Disney?

2019 is LEGO Movie 2.

I mean if they really start to run out of ideas just get new licenses and remake old themes in an updated outfit. I'd gladly take a new Wolfpack minifigure or an Ice Planet one. Even a simple hiker is amazing. (Be even better if his compass fit correctly.)

They said there'll be a Disney 2 in September.

I only can confirm following:

Batman CMF Series will be released in January, will have black bags and there'll be 20 different minifigs.

CMF Series 17 will be released in May. (So much to wait til then since the own CMFs of Lego are always the best and not their licensed ones!)

Klaus-Dieter

I completely agree, the licensed series are usually of no interest to me :sceptic:

I for one could not care less about the colour of the different series, it is what's inside that interest me :tongue:

They said there'll be a Disney 2 in September.

Who is they? LEGO said they were releasing more Disney this September to keep up with the demand.

I completely agree, the licensed series are usually of no interest to me :sceptic:

I for one could not care less about the colour of the different series, it is what's inside that interest me :tongue:

I completely disagree with your first statement. However i completely agree with your second. Who cares what color the bag / box is when you just throw them to the side anyways. :laugh:

I thought S14 had some of the best characters so far.

They overestimated the popularity of Halloween, which is not that popular outside of the US.

S14 (And Simpsons 2) bags can be still found in some stores.

What was wring with S15 and 16?

S15 had a confusing January/Februray release date, at the point that it was never officially revealed by LEGO.

S16 realease was just a trainwreck. The series was supposed to be released on Sep 16, according to what we saw in the Toy Fairs. And then it randomly showed up in mid July. (apparently to be replaced later this year with the return the Disney series 1)

And most of the sites that review LEGO products didn't get their boxes in time, like WF here on Eurobricks.

Edited by Robert8

They overestimated the popularity of Halloween, which is not that popular outside of the US.

S15 had a confusing January/Februray release date, at the point that it was never officially revealed by LEGO.

S16 realease has just a trainwreck. The series was supposed to be released on Sep 16, according to what we saw in the Toy Fairs. And then it randomly showed up in mid July. (apparently to be replaced later this year with the return the Disney series 1)

And most of the sites that review LEGO products didn't get their boxes in time, like WF here on Eurobricks.

S15 was revealed to be February in the Club magazine alongside with Mixels. This years release dates were really weird.

Pretty popular in the country I'm originally from. In fact, a lot of people there seemed to like the series. And even if people don't celebrate Halloween, there are a lot of monster fans around the world.

So, Batman CMF is 71017 and Series 17 set number is 71018

DFB Series was 71014 and Simpsons Kwik e Mart was 71016

So, what happened with 71015?

They skipped it

Pretty popular in the country I'm originally from. In fact, a lot of people there seemed to like the series. And even if people don't celebrate Halloween, there are a lot of monster fans around the world.

I seem to recall it came out pretty late in my neck of the woods. I want to say the local Wal-Mart didn't get their case until December. Granted, that says far more about Wal-Mart's distribution than anything else. I can actually still get S.14 at a couple of locations, including K-Mart, which put out a case in August (along with a case of S.15, but no S.16 as yet). I wonder if they just produced a lot of the series?

Anyway, I thought it was a fairly strong wave, and, blasphemy of blasphemies, wouldn't be unamenable to seeing another like it.

Edited by K_Tiger

So, Batman CMF is 71017 and Series 17 set number is 71018

DFB Series was 71014 and Simpsons Kwik e Mart was 71016

So, what happened with 71015?

They skipped it

Maybe the LEGO Ninjago Movie Collectible Minifigures are 71015? The LEGO Ninjago Movie was originally scheduled for September 2016 then delayed to September 2017, so it could be that the minifigures series was assigned a number before the movie got delayed rather than after.

Maybe the LEGO Ninjago Movie Collectible Minifigures are 71015? The LEGO Ninjago Movie was originally scheduled for September 2016 then delayed to September 2017, so it could be that the minifigures series was assigned a number before the movie got delayed rather than after.

Nope - not sure why they skipped 71015. Maybe another mystery series?

You have a good point, but in that case Series 16 would have a higher set number, since it was supposed to be released during 2017.

Nope - not sure why they skipped 71015. Maybe another mystery series?

Hmmm

That was what I was thinking

Could 2017 have 4 series again, like 2012 and 2016?

Could 2017 have 4 series again, like 2012 and 2016?

If we do, I'm betting the fourth set will be Disney CMF s2.

I have seen pictures of the catalog.

THREE seies confermed for 2017

Batman in January, 20 minifigs per serie

Series 17, COLOR IS YELLOW AGAIN

Ninjago Movie Serie.

Please note NEW EUROPEAN PRICE = 3,99€ even for normal serie.

I frankly don't understand this. It's a 25% higher price. I won't buy as many as before.

4€ for a fig. With each raise i'll buy less figs.

Actually when they make them that expensive i think they shouldnt come in blind bags anymore. 4 euro spend on something you don't know.

LOL yellow again!? It's probably the least eye-catching color blind bag IMO. I would much prefer reds, greens, and blues... Or even a new color!

Sorry to hear about the increase in Euro price. LEGO really wants to see what the market can handle... They can't even use the MMO as an excuse to raise the price anymore, so the only reason I can think of for the price increase is "because they can." Unfortunately it's as simple as that...

I frankly don't understand this. It's a 25% higher price. I won't buy as many as before.

It's not really surprising to me.

Raw materials get more expensive, employees want more money each year, depreciation of money means less money to invest in new things...

It's only a question of time when products getting more expensive.

Edited by Mellow