Sign in to follow this  
CorneliusMurdock

Breech baby

Congratulations CM on your new-born! I'm really happy everything went well. Even if we're just members of an online community, it's as if we're welcoming a new part of our EB family. :sweet:

Congrats! I which all four of you smooth sailing from now on! :sweet:

Congratulations! Glad it worked out. I'll warn you, #2 can be just as hard as #1, but in a completely different way. But it's all worth it.

Just checking in while I'm home to shower and pick up a few things.

They tried turning the baby and failed. We decided the C-section was the way to go. So my son. Simon Alan Conley was born yesterday morning 11:27 EST. He's 9 pounds 4 ounces and 22 1/2 inches long. No wonder we couldn't get him to turn! Both mother and baby are doing great and we hope to bring them both home in a couple of days.

His big sister came to visit already and she kept saying, "He's cute!' and "Look, baby Simon popped out of Mommy's belly!". We'll see how she is once she realizes he's gonna come home to stay with us.

Gotta get going again. Thanks again to everyone for all your support. I hope to post some pics in a couple of days so stay tuned.

Hooray! :wub: Congratulations and I'm glad to hear everyone's in good health! How is your wife feeling after the C-section? Thanks for keeping us informed and I'm so happy to hear everything is working out for the best! :sweet:

Congratulations, Cornelius. I'm glad everything worked out for the best.

9 lbs, 4 oz is a pretty healthy baby.

Seeing how late I am to responding, you should be returning home soon with baby Simon. His big sister is going to love having the baby around. My son still fawns over his little sister.

It does, doesn't it? I mean, in this topic we have,

Artifex

Hinckley

Walter Kovacs

Brickdoctor

Dragonator

Jamiedodger714

Eskallon

cralegoboy

prateek

Ratshot

That's two staff members, one Fellow, one Archduke, one Grand Duke, two Dukes, two Counts, and a Citizen.

Good luck! I'll be prayin' for you!

Just for the record, even though I was breech, I wasn't born by C-Section. I've never really asked for the details. It's not the sort of conversation that comes up naturally with one's mother. :blush:

Inducing labor sounds scary, but it's a heck of a lot less stressful on the lady. It can cut the labor period to 1/3 its normal time.

You're not just whistling dixie. My daughter was induced. 1 1/2 hours from the time the drugs were injected to the actual birth. The doctor almost didn't make it!

Got home with the baby a short while ago.

Here are some pics.

5434701658_6cf934ce1c.jpg

Here's the little guy

5434088825_a970b760d7.jpg

Here my daughter meets him for the first time.

5434702450_0358c76e5c.jpg

And here's the family all together.

My wife's doing really well. The doctors and nurses kept remarking that the incision looked like it was weeks old and not days old. She's still really sore but her mother is here for a few days to help me with the kids so she can rest for a while.

I'll be back online later to catch up on all the stuff I've missed the last few days.

What a cutie! Glad to hear everything is going well! He certainly is a big guy, thats very good, you have a beautiful healthy baby on your hands! Hope everything goes well in the coming months, and take advantage of the fact that you have an extra set of hands around the house, get some rest cause you got a lot of work ahead of you, but you probably already knew that :sweet:

Gorgeous baby, gorgeous family, gorgeous pics!! So pleased and excited for you both, and so pleased everything turned out so happily!

Congratulations to all the family from both of us :thumbup:

An absolute diamonds you've got there Cornelius - both your new born and your daughter! Congratulations, and here's hoping baby Simon doesn't keep you up too much in the next couple of days weeks months years! :thumbup:

Congratulation CorneliusMurdock! It's great to know everyone is doing fine. Such a happy family you all are!

Congratulations on the new born buddy! He's certainly a great addition to your lovely family. :thumbup: It's also nice to finally put a face behind CorneliusMurdock. :wink:

Congratulations on a lovely baby boy, it will soon be time to break him into the Duplo :grin:

I was breech! Look how I turned out. :devil:

What, a total nutcase? :grin:Only kidding :grin: .